48 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2014 3:05 PM by milo-iq RSS

Lag?

I am by far not the best player in this game.  I was ok in BO2, never really racking up great stats, but holding my own.

I am a BIG COD fan, having bought every one since it's inception.  I can't understand how i can lose EVERY showdown with an opponent, whether i see him first, or we draw at the same time.

It's getting REALLY frustrating, b/c as i said, i am not the greatest, but i am not NEARLY as bad as this game is making me.

I get off 4 or 5 shots, hit him, but he rings out one perfect shot, & gets me, & when i see the replay, NO shots from me at all.

Anyone else having these issues?  Is it lag?  I have a pretty good internet connection, so i can't figure this out.  Getting pretty frustrated.....

• Re: Lag?
          Crazer54

Same exact thing for me. I was a 1.21 K/D on BO2 and by no means am I a pro. But I liked being average and winning some/losing some. But in this it seems I am losing all unless I shoot two seconds before they round a corner. I just posted my issues with the game and hope they fix it. It could be awesome if they just get there sh*t togther.

Crazer54

markie-23-

yes mine lags a lot, yet my mates doesn't and my internet connection is 4 times what his is, feerrrkkkkeedddd up

It makes it not fun to play......if they don't fix this, it will be on the shelf in 2 weeks....

jeepmont

I have the same problem.  It was bad in black ops 2 and it seems worse with ghosts.  This fix might help.  I was getting last place every time in a match but now I can get at least top four with a 1 k/d ratio.  What you need to do is connect your PS3 wireless and log into ghosts and join a match.  When I am in a lobby  I go into the settings in my router using my phone browser and reduce my upload speed to 100kbs but keep my download at normal which is about 28mbs.  It seems to help with me and I win some of the face to face gun fights instead of getting killed by one bullet and bullets that turn corners.   

Someone replied saying the 'Now that the lag is gone" bahaha bullshit I get more lag now then I ever did in Blops2! I'm not even kidding you it is horrendous how bad it is. I am the same way in blops2 I can hold my own my kd is 1.77 and I can go 30+ kills with little death but ghosts is something awful. Starting with the huge massive maps the promote camping which on ghosts is like nothing I have ever come across. I have been kicked out of matches because I lost connection with the server on more than a couple occasions. I also come across the problem where I see an enemy first and hit him 2-3 times and I get turned on but when I try to turn on someone I can ever react because I'm already dead. I am not going to say I hate this game but I am not playing at the time I am going to wait until the patches roll out and of course xbox will get them first ugh...But I don't know how good a patch is going to do if the devs still don't listen to the common player. The patches need to come quick and fix a lot of things but you know the saying 'Sh*t in on hand,wish in the other" 

Does anyone else get jumped every 10-15 seconds (not a stutter, a jump. Ie halfway down a corridor to out side again & running against a wall)?

I'm very sorry to say that I have 100% confidence that IW will do nothing about it. It is exactly the same as MW3 with regards to the appalling connections. Don't get me wrong BO2 had its issues (generally around hit detection), but at least it didn't spin me 90 degrees & stick me 10m from where I thought I was. The joke is you see me jump in the kill cams.

Before I hear the usual moronic beatings of "it's your connection": No, it's not. I have 120mb dl, 35mb ul & a sub25ms ping to Paris. Also I have the ps3 set on a static ip, in the DMZ, the firewall is off & I have set up port forwarding. So naysayers: lets hear you blame my net connection.... That's right; you can't.

This horrendous lagging issue is looking like it's going to cause Ghosts be traded/returned very soon. I've got the ps4 coming in 3 weeks, if it's the same on that platform it's gone.

Quick comparison:

MW3 I played for 24hrs in 2 years (13 of those in the last few weeks to prestige in order to get the background (which hasn't unlocked like every other reward in the game)).

BO2 I played for 350 hours in 1 year.

Ghosts looks good & sounds great, but it is not fun & if it's not fun; why play it???

ChestSplittah

All that bandwidth means nothing. 25ms ping to Paris? Where do you live? In France? Your provider might actually be crappy..

I'm n northern uk & I'm on virgin fiber optic (the fastest & most reliable in the uk). Also, why does BO2, MW2, BO1 & COD 4: MW all run perfectly (MW3 is exactly the same as ghosts)? And before you ask, yes I have tried them all over the last couple of days.

as someone lower down the page states, it's impossible to walk in a straight line today. i went on for two games went 6-22 then 4-28 before turning it off in disgust at how awful it was jumping.

it ran beautifully on release night, had a stutter or two over tuesday & Wednesday before becoming completely unplayable.

if it's running great for you, I'm truly glad for you. But don't dismiss issues others are experiencing so casually. I had (and still do have) major issues with MW3 & all I heard was the same tired response: it's your connection. It isn't! I only get this on infinity wards last 2 releases. So please give me a solution, not more of the same BS.

mht6468

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with getting mullered in every game of late. Either I'm totally 5hit (quite possibly lol) or something is wrong. Fairly decent games up to day 2 but much worse ever since, better weapons, perks etc making no difference, may need to camp this out!

ChestSplittah

I never gave any bs or insinuated anything. Actually I know several people from the UK on either console that experience hitchy, laggy, distorted games like you. Also I think they found out that Virgin wasn't that hot fire provider some would deceive themselves into wishing they were. If I recall correctly,  it turned out that they actually are throttling their services. . If that is the correct term. Also, high bandwidth means nothing more than that you can DL/UL data quickly. Not that you have a stable, short pathway between "2" points. There are so many things that can cause instability, that can elevate a person's ping. Wireless,  bandwidth banditos, Lagomites..etc.etc.

You are correct in you final statement that band width alone doesn't guarantee a good connection.

However high bandwidth, low ping, very low jitter (4-5ms), 0 packet loss & low latency does. This has been checked multiple times via multiple sources in the last few days & comes back the same every time.

As you can clearly see from the number of posts, there is an issue. As I said before it may not be affecting you (congratulations) but it is affecting a very large potion of the COD community, your argument seems to be that thousands of people's internet connections have all gone haywire simultaneously all over the globe.

Now will you please stop trying to blame my connection as all you are succeeding in doing is making yourself look foolish.

xoMrSLAVEox

I have no problems on mw3 about connections and not my friends either and i live in finland and my mates im playing with are from UK and italy,france,norway. Only problem is if US guy is host so it is really laggy game. In ghosts its always like u described.

do you spout the same sh!t in every post

Hopefully this will be resolved when the ps4 drops

Ham_Wallet168

I don't have any issue whatsoever with lag. I live near Dallas with a 20ms ping to data centers on either coast on a 100/100 meg metro E connection (I play at work). In fact, to me, this game lags less than any other CoD I've played. I've never been disconnected and never seen a host migration. My only issue is the horrible spawns :\

I'm getting lag in co-op war games via squad

eleven1181

What exactly is a good internet connection ? What should upload ,download and ping be ?

I  HAVE THE SAME FREAKING PROBLEM OMFG! And Its  not just me either. I can go to some lobbies and have no problems -yeah i know its 1-3  shot kills in this game- but like one person said I can shoot buddy in the back 3 times then he turns WHILE IM STILL SHOOTING HIM, and kills me? Like wtf? It happens in most lobbies and i go super negative like 5 and 20. But in some lobbies I can average like 25 and 6? This was in black ops 2 And its here now? Could it be because we are matched with players who live half way around the world and not in our own regions? Its Crazy, they need to fix this. The more people talk about it the more likely somethign will be done. I cant stand ppl talking crap that I suck when I really dont. IT IS NOT HARD TO POINT A GUN AND SHOOT. But it IS HARD when you shoot and nothing happens. I have a friend in my clan 40 points a game in a good lobby, but when we play a Lagging lobby he says the same thing "I put the whole clip in this guy and he didnt die? wtf?" Si yeah there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

eleven1181

Just had a game of Dom in a party of 4 from the uk and 3 of us had to back out cause we couldn't even walk in a straight line the lags real bad today games turning into a joke fast

nomorebull

This is what they have appeared to have done IMO. These are not dedicated servers. These are match making servers, he only thing they did was remove the ping so you would think you we're on dedicated servers. If you pay attention the servers operate just like bop2. Look at the top right of the scree when joining a game. You will see that it is searching for a game, which is match making. Dedicated servers wouldn't have no where near this much lag.

mht6468

Dedicated servers are most likely reserved for XBOX users - PS3 hybrid ie no dedicated servers lol

Anyway I think you are on to something here, it reaks of BS.

Lag is a problem - in fact the amount of warping is making me puke!

This has happen to me all morning ... replays don't show me even shooting ... and one time I was have way down a hallway when i thought I was shot in the back ... but on the replay, I was shot in the chest just as I entered the hallway ... ?????

Lag is not the only problem. I'm going back to mw3 because the map design is terrible, no matter where you are on the map you never feel safe. They are all too open. I really hate the unlock system too. I'd rather get new guns and killsreaks by leveling up. Its also really hard to get a positive kd.

TheBeastlyDude

Backstabber14 wrote:

Lag is not the only problem. I'm going back to mw3 because the map design is terrible, no matter where you are on the map you never feel safe. They are all too open. I really hate the unlock system too. I'd rather get new guns and killsreaks by leveling up. Its also really hard to get a positive kd.

Are you really suppose to feel safe in this game?
                                                          If you are having a hard time with all the guns and killstreaks being easily opened and still having a hard time getting a positive KD, could it be how you play? Perhaps your playstyle that might have worked in past games may not work so well on this game. This isn't the same COD as years past. This one demands you to be a little more tactical otherwise you are going to hurt and not have as much fun.

zvers

100% on the money. After playing BO2 for a while and playing some MW3 before launch, I had change things up for this game. It's just the nature of the beast! No pun intended!

this may be a new COD, but thats not the point here, the size of the maps is not relevant its about the game play... in this game its the face to face gunfights. picture the scene me and an opponent have got into position where we can see each other I fire first I see hit markers, I expect the opponent to die but no he gets a single shot away and then I'm dead and no its not a sniper rifle its most likely a SMG. I hope you can see its not about being tactical its the game/lag

Exactly! I was running behind someone just now, firing on their back with the vector. I put legit 3 shots on his back, he turns around ALL WHILE STILL BEING SHOT, Fires on me once and I die. Wtf.

IIn the interest of fairness, I've come on today & it's been much less laggy (not sure if that's actually a word). My score per game is almost triple what it was yesterday. I don't think the update is he cause (that just seems to have clarified the unlock system & allowed us to mute individual players (thank god)!)

LOved the first 2 days of Ghost! Had fun enjoyed the guns an mapsto time to down load the new patch ...done it! Now I experience very bad lag. To the point of unplayable. Rang my Internet provider to check my line reset it. That's running fine. Tested my Internet - 113 Mbps down load, 2.42 up load, 8 ms ping, 2 ms line jitter. Very frustrated and annoyed now, just want to play like the first 2 days .

giraffeweevil

I get a lot of good games in FFA and TDM but all the other modes are unplayable. For example in a TDM I will often finish with 25-5 but KC I stand no chance with a regular 5-25 (now after a 5-10 I just quit!). Please check. Do you experience lag in every game mode? I think the key contributing factor to this lag is the matchmaking! I hope they sort it out soon.

Kjun

Good afternoon, I live in Brazil know that here will be more difficult to improve the connection, but really this game BOGhosts is found wanting in question to lags in BO2 matches that I had not died and was always the same connection.

Boa tarde,moro no Brasil sei que aqui será mais dificil de melhorar a conexão,mas realmente este jogo BOGhosts está deixando a desejar em questão aos lags,em BO2 tinha partidas que eu não morria e sempre foi a mesma conexão.

I'm experiencing the same situation. this is my third COD, MW3 was a learning curve, BO2 I had a KDR of 1.19. I also have a decent connection 40meg download and 10 meg upload, BT fibre. every 50-50 I lose, I know I'm not the fastest player, I usually put myself in a better position to get the drop on the opposition, gut in Ghosts even when i do that and get the first shot off I still end up getting killed. the only kills I get now are when the opposition don't get the chance to shoot back like shooting them in the back or while they are sprinting.

I'm already at the stage where I'm thinking about giving up on multiplayer and that's after only 4.5 hours... I might give it a try again when they bring the dedicated servers online and maybe when I can get my hands on a PS4.

If Activision are reading this forum... please fix the lag / lag compensation so that each game is fair

TRU11

there is lagg in this game but  at least the hit detection isent as bad as in BO2.

godlyintellect

Overall i have had better connection in ghosts than any other game, for my connection the IW games have better performance overall than the 3arc games.  In black ops, waw, and bo2 i get the disconnecting from host image quite frequently during game play.

FAI-HUN1209

For some reason i have a better connection in black ops 1 & 2 ,& in mw2 & mw3 instead of Ghosts , not sure why but  on those titles under nat im'm listed as open  nat type but in ghosts i'm listed as strict esp when i play ghosts on my ps4 . only does it change when i back out of the game , quit it then unplug my modem/router and restart . do i get a open half the time . and im running 50 mb  dwn / 10 mb up.  but i have hit detection problems with both ghosts and black ops2 , you get those dreaded "WTF" moments  where you have ur  gun up first ,get the first shot off and still get killed sometimes but it happens.

milo-iq

Only on for just over a hr tonight, lag both sides of the pond . It has gotten worse recently.