1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 58 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2013 7:59 PM by ChiefChakawaka Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
        Boondocks_Saint

PsychoDaddy803 wrote:

I'd answer, but it's obvious your intent is not to find out why people prefer hardcore, but to complain about campers.

Have you noticed no Hardcore people come on these forums with complaints?

Actually we do complain sometimes...  However the complaint is always the same... WE WANT MORE GAME MODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        • 51. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
          The main reason I prefer hardcore is a lot of the annoying things about Core don't exist.  You can't shoot 3 bullets into someone's back from point blank range and have them jump/fly around and kill you first.. you can't knife lunge through bullets (heck knife usage is almost non-existent).. you can't just drop a napalm/mortar strike on the HQ so your team can get it.. etc.

That said, though, I really can't find myself enjoying Black Ops hardcore despite being a strictly hardcore player since COD4.  The kick rules are just such a putoff.  Nobody uses any killstreaks for fear of getting kicked.. and you get kicked for the most stupid things.  Yesterday, in one game, I had a teammate shoot me while I was throwing a grenade, and that grenade dropped and killed him.  Then I threw a flashbang while we were capturing an HQ, and a teammate jumped in front of me and it pegged him in the head, teamkill.  30 seconds later, I shot what I suppose was a teammate (he had no nametag after 3 seconds of rounding a corner in front of me.. I waited and followed him to make sure) and I was kicked.

I really don't understand what the big fear of teamkillers is that we need this 3-TK rule.  The only game mode I've ever experienced teamkillers to the point that they should be kicked is S&D where those morons RPG the spawn.  I've never, ever had a problem with teamkillers in Hardcore HQ or TDM in 4 years of playing hardcore.
          • 52. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
            CNNsWolfBlitzer

RAN Kismet wrote:

deathbybisp wrote:

Ok, i used to play hard core all the time, i actually went from core, to hardcore on WAW. but ive gotten tired of several things with that game type. Here's some reasons that i believe that alot of folks play hardcore...
            1.your aim is bad
            2. you like to hide alot (camp and wait)
            3. your aim is bad
            4. you like to hide alot
            5. you think that the name "hardcore" makes you cool
            6. your aim is bad and you like to hide alot
            7. you dont get alot of killstreaks cuz you are a scrub, so no ricochet doesn't bother you; since you dont get any other killstreaks besides spy plane, care package, black bird. and the occasional doggies.
            8. you actually enjoy killing your teammates if they raped you the game before when you were on the other team. WOW!!
            9. you think its more realistic (until some douchebag kills you in second chance)
            10. you think every gun or perk is overpowered, so you should play this mode since you can snipe someone from across the map with an ak74u (totally unrealistic)
            my question to all you folks who think its more realistic is: have you ever shot a fully automatic gun?? probly not. cuz there is no possible way you can spray accurately with a weapon on fully auto, unless its a .22 cal bullet. even real military vets that i know who play this game have run a m60 in real life, and ALL of them have said that theres no way that they could spray accurately in (real life) with any weapon on this game. military guns and personnel will burst fire 98% of the time. so guess what? hardcore is not more realistic. its for scrubs who cant shoot accurately, and have to camp to get good killstreaks. end of story

(to clarify my hate of hardcore id like to say that camping is my main issue with the mode, as well as some kid who cant hardly even aim their gun, hit me in the leg and kill me while i was just about to blast them in the chest with spot-on aiming. the other would be getting booted for killstreaks killing teammates)

Hi OP... great flame post...  

So... I prefer HC because:

1. I like weapon variety.
            2. I enjoy the added element of fire discipline.
            3. I like the less cluttered screen.
            4. I don't need a health fairy.
            5. I understand the difference between accuracy and sustained fire.
            6. I don't need to have a bullet counter.
            7. I don't chase dots.
            8. I know Halo jumping is not a skill.

That's it for now...

... pssst... it's "a lot"... just sayin'.

HC is for folks with slow reflexes and maybe more intelligence who like to take it slow; where Core is for peops with short attention span but superior reflexes and greater overall skill at FPS gaming. Jus' sayin'. Personally, I find HC to be full of disadvantaged players, camping in corners, forgetting that it's only a game and that you won't actually really die if you get shot.
            • 53. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
              Boondocks_Saint

CNNsWolfBlitzer wrote:

HC is for folks with slow reflexes and maybe more intelligence who like to take it slow; where Core is for peops with short attention span but superior reflexes and greater overall skill at FPS gaming. Jus' sayin'. Personally, I find HC to be full of disadvantaged players, camping in corners, forgetting that it's only a game and that you won't actually really die if you get shot.

Core is stock full of trash talking twits...  Last thing I want to hear when I am playing a video game is some pimple faced geek saying how "Elite" he is because he is an above average gamer...  Also there are way too many kids spouting racist remarks in Core...

I have been gaming for almost 3 decades now  and I have yet to play a game where Dying was something that you would want to do....  The Main objective in everygame I have ever played was to NOT DIE!!
              • 54. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
                CNNsWolfBlitzer

Boondocks_Saint wrote:

CNNsWolfBlitzer wrote:

Core is stock full of trash talking twits...  Last thing I want to hear when I am playing a video game is some pimple faced geek saying how "Elite" he is because he is an above average gamer...  Also there are way too many kids spouting racist remarks in Core...

I have been gaming for almost 3 decades now  and I have yet to play a game where Dying was something that you would want to do....  The Main objective in everygame I have ever played was to NOT DIE!!

I think you've pretty much encapsulated the difference between HC and Core. HC players feel that their main directive is "Do not die", where Core folks, like myself, are directed by a "Kill Kill Kill!" imperative. Different strokes for different folks.
                • 55. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
                  Boondocks_Saint

CNNsWolfBlitzer wrote:

Boondocks_Saint wrote:

CNNsWolfBlitzer wrote:

I think you've pretty much encapsulated the difference between HC and Core. HC players feel that their main directive is "Do not die", where Core folks, like myself, are directed by a "Kill Kill Kill!" imperative. Different strokes for different folks.

that's the problem with the generation gap...   we older players are survivors...  you younger players get killed alot then complain about how we killed you..  lol
                  • 56. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
                    rankismet

CNNsWolfBlitzer wrote:

RAN Kismet wrote:

deathbybisp wrote:

Ok, i used to play hard core all the time, i actually went from core, to hardcore on WAW. but ive gotten tired of several things with that game type. Here's some reasons that i believe that alot of folks play hardcore...
                    1.your aim is bad
                    2. you like to hide alot (camp and wait)
                    3. your aim is bad
                    4. you like to hide alot
                    5. you think that the name "hardcore" makes you cool
                    6. your aim is bad and you like to hide alot
                    7. you dont get alot of killstreaks cuz you are a scrub, so no ricochet doesn't bother you; since you dont get any other killstreaks besides spy plane, care package, black bird. and the occasional doggies.
                    8. you actually enjoy killing your teammates if they raped you the game before when you were on the other team. WOW!!
                    9. you think its more realistic (until some douchebag kills you in second chance)
                    10. you think every gun or perk is overpowered, so you should play this mode since you can snipe someone from across the map with an ak74u (totally unrealistic)
                    my question to all you folks who think its more realistic is: have you ever shot a fully automatic gun?? probly not. cuz there is no possible way you can spray accurately with a weapon on fully auto, unless its a .22 cal bullet. even real military vets that i know who play this game have run a m60 in real life, and ALL of them have said that theres no way that they could spray accurately in (real life) with any weapon on this game. military guns and personnel will burst fire 98% of the time. so guess what? hardcore is not more realistic. its for scrubs who cant shoot accurately, and have to camp to get good killstreaks. end of story

(to clarify my hate of hardcore id like to say that camping is my main issue with the mode, as well as some kid who cant hardly even aim their gun, hit me in the leg and kill me while i was just about to blast them in the chest with spot-on aiming. the other would be getting booted for killstreaks killing teammates)

Hi OP... great flame post...  

So... I prefer HC because:

1. I like weapon variety.
                    2. I enjoy the added element of fire discipline.
                    3. I like the less cluttered screen.
                    4. I don't need a health fairy.
                    5. I understand the difference between accuracy and sustained fire.
                    6. I don't need to have a bullet counter.
                    7. I don't chase dots.
                    8. I know Halo jumping is not a skill.

That's it for now...

... pssst... it's "a lot"... just sayin'.

Keep telling yourself that, Wolf... step into HC and you'll get punked like FOX does CNN... 

Wanna know why Core games end so fast and you all think HC is slow... because you all rush head first into bullets... over and over and over...

Is that enough smack for you?

Peeps like different things... okay?
                    • 57. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??
                      ghosthound
                      Hardcore > Softcore.

Why?

Many reasons.

But here is food for thought - why must you unlock hardcore gamemodes, whilst softcore is available to players at rank 1 ???

• 58. Re: why do you prefer hardcore??

You sir ( i mean child) are a complete and utterly poor excuse for a human being.. I use to play regular but since he crappy players can look good on regular i switched to something that takes more skill to be good. In hardcore you have to react fast ( meaning the person has to have a good hand eye coordination which people now and days don't have) and in regular the person who sees you first just has to hold the trigger till you die.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next