1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 5:24 PM by TH3_IT RSS

Dogs in multiplayer...

I really hope I'm not alone when I say that the dogs in multiplayer are cheap as ****. Dogs are a bigger threat to me generally than other human players... that's not ok. Here are a list of things they need to fix in my opinion. Feel free to agree, disagree, or modify anything.

Running physics

Some how dogs can turn corners without having to lean. They seem to have this weird RTS movement engine so they can somehow turn 90 degree corners without slowing down even though human players somehow slow down after jumping. I know that in real life I can definitely running jump and keep my speed.

Solution: Make the dogs run like real ******* dogs. It's 2014...

Awareness

Dogs also seem to know exactly where everyone is and have a reaction time of 0.00 when turning a corner to kill you. No strategically placing yourself around corners anymore... dogs have x-ray vision apparently.

Solution: Make it so dogs have an actual reaction time after hearing or seeing you before deciding to attack.

The Kill

Ok this is by far the worst part about them. In order for a dog to kill you... all they have to do is start to jump at you. Once they've gotten to about 5 feet away from you and start to jump, you don't even have an option anymore. You are already dead, leading me to believe that they can just kill you with their mind and don't even have to touch you to decide your fate.

Solution: Allow us to fight the dog!!! We should not have to be subject to that fate before we are touched, and even so, the dog should have to tackle you to the ground before killing you. That would make you incredibly vulnerable to death from other players even if you were able to kill the dog.

We all understand that these dogs are trained to just go for the killing bite, but we are TRAINED MARINES. Any of us should have the ability to fight a ******* dog. Dogs are not at the top of the food chain! NERF THEM!

I even think they're cheap when I use them myself.

• 1. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...
          rankismet

Sonicbolt05 wrote:

I really hope I'm not alone when I say that the dogs in multiplayer are cheap as ****. Dogs are a bigger threat to me generally than other human players... that's not ok. Here are a list of things they need to fix in my opinion. Feel free to agree, disagree, or modify anything.

Running physics

Some how dogs can turn corners without having to lean. They seem to have this weird RTS movement engine so they can somehow turn 90 degree corners without slowing down even though human players somehow slow down after jumping. I know that in real life I can definitely running jump and keep my speed.

Solution: Make the dogs run like real ******* dogs. It's 2014...

Awareness

Dogs also seem to know exactly where everyone is and have a reaction time of 0.00 when turning a corner to kill you. No strategically placing yourself around corners anymore... dogs have x-ray vision apparently.

Solution: Make it so dogs have an actual reaction time after hearing or seeing you before deciding to attack.

The Kill

Ok this is by far the worst part about them. In order for a dog to kill you... all they have to do is start to jump at you. Once they've gotten to about 5 feet away from you and start to jump, you don't even have an option anymore. You are already dead, leading me to believe that they can just kill you with their mind and don't even have to touch you to decide your fate.

Solution: Allow us to fight the dog!!! We should not have to be subject to that fate before we are touched, and even so, the dog should have to tackle you to the ground before killing you. That would make you incredibly vulnerable to death from other players even if you were able to kill the dog.

We all understand that these dogs are trained to just go for the killing bite, but we are TRAINED MARINES. Any of us should have the ability to fight a ******* dog. Dogs are not at the top of the food chain! NERF THEM!

I even think they're cheap when I use them myself.

Let's see...

Dogs smell and hear at god-like levels... in the real world. They know where you are.

Dogs kill fast. Shoot them first... call out where you die.. and let someone finish it off.

As to the rest... ideas for future but not changing in this game.

• 2. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...
            cybernet00

You are aware that in real life dogs can sense when someone is about the have a seizure like 45 mins before they do.

• 3. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...

AND!!! it only takes 6 shots to kill em, well for me with my 3 round burst. 3 to make em tumble then another 3 to finish em. easy peasy lemon squeezy

• 4. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...

I love you for saying "easy peasy lemon squeasy", but you don't even think the way they kill you and the way they run around corners is a little cheap?

• 5. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...

Ya if they're next to you... Not from the other side of a building.

• 6. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...

Not at all, if I get killed by them than it's my own fault for not watching myself. If I catch em before they get to me they're dead.

• 7. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...

If all the maps were nuketown, I would agree that they are OP, but most of the maps are big open areas, and the dogs are real easy to spot and kill from a distance, sure if one pops right around the corner you are dead, it's a care package, it needs to work sometimes. I kill alot of them and mine is killed all the time with 0 kills. I do agree that the way they can kill you just by jumping is retarded though, especially since there is an objective to kill one while it's leaping at you. I think it should take a couple seconds to kill you to at least give someone the slight chance to shoot it off of you.

• 8. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...
                        Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Sonicbolt05 wrote:

Awareness

Dogs have a terrific sense of smell and a hearing range 4x greater than that of a human. If you want it to be realistic then a dog will actively seek you out and you won't be able to get near the dog owner.

Sight, hearing, smell: the differences between dogs and humans

• 9. Re: Dogs in multiplayer...
                          hudder92
                          1 2 3 Previous Next