9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 6:53 AM by Drawcansir RSS

Anyone else feeling a little uninspired by the online player count?

YuriUA

Check Steam stats:

It says Ghosts has less players than... Counter-Strike (the first).

Peak today: 31k players

Current count: 6k players

No wonder I couldn't find a game:

Hardcore Kill Confirmed kept putting me into the same lobby with 1-2 matched players. Game never started in 15 minutes.

Hardcore Team Deathmatch simply put me into the same lobby time after time after time, till we found 8-th player to play with, but the game was terribly boring. Tried some normal mode games, but there weren't many players around, some games didn't even start.

Anyone else feeling there are too few players online?

As far as I remember, Modern Warfare 2 had 6k players online after Black Ops went out. Basically, after the game was supposed to be abandoned. Does this mean Ghosts were abandoned one week after release?

Any thoughts on the topic?

• Re: Anyone else feeling a little uninspired by the online player count?

Well, Ghosts did boast that they made over $1 Bil in sales within the first week. But then again thats across how many different platforms? I have seen a large number online on weekends and either early morning/late night. So many players so many different time zones and then the fact that 99% of the PC users are a totally different age group all together from the console players. (Work school etc..)

I do agree that a lot of the other modes are hard to play unless you want to wait alone in a lobby for 30++ minutes just to get a game going.

YuriUA

I also misunderstood their 1 billion sales. Figures out, those weren't sales, those were shipments into retail channel. Basically, they shipped $1 billion worth copies of the game, they didn't sell that amount that day.

They blame the "console release year" for not being able to sell a bigger amount of copies than last year (they actually shipped less than last year, as far as I understood).

Its true that PC gamers are of different age groups, but typically there are enough players to fill up any playlist at any time of day for the first 2-3 months after game has been released, at least this was the case for pre-previous CODs (I skipped two games in a row, BO had servers with tons of players, MW2 had simply tons of players online all day long). Its kind of sad its so hard to find a lobby after 6 PM in my country when I get back from work, its supposed to be the most active time for gamers (till 10pm, I'd say).

Comes down to a lot of people being unable to play, currently the game is a stuttering mess, with nauseating fov.

It's pretty sad with my rig that i'm getting poor performance and it being out more then a week now with no fix's.

3930k, xfire 7950's, 16GB ram, 256GB ssd.

YuriUA

Thing is: there were enough people to switch lobbies several times in a row without a problem in the recent past. Like... few days ago, its been only a week since game release and I already find it hard to find a lobby. This simply means a lot of active players stopped playing for some reason.

As for your case, I am sad to hear that. I noticed a similar thing on other similar configurations - powerful AMD cards, SSDs, K processors. Did you try disabling crossfire? Did you try installing the game on HDD, if you have one? I don't think it would cause any problems, just in case. Did you try running the game on stock CPU speed? Did you check weather any components overheat?

Hopefully, these performance issues will be fixed soon.

Apparently the xbox360 version has half a million players online.

Unfortunately I've stopped playing ghosts due to the stutter, random mouse acceleration, bad performance and operations glitch. On release playlists were already nearly dead with under 100 players in them like the infection playlist or that hunted playlist.

And the fact that there are so many who can't run the game, and those who can run the game can't play the game due to errors like crashing or no squad points to unlock their first player, then players who don't have any of those problems will most likely encounter performance issues no matter what hardware they are using.

All of this combined with silence from IW, no word from the devs on bugs noted and being worked on. No communication to players.

The game is awfully pricey by itself as well, it's been a well known fact for many years that cod games are basically the same so why buy the same game over and over?

I agree.  If the player count doesn't rise i'm done with this series for forever.

Though if people find out im not playing anymore that number may go  up (x . x)

What I find truly perplexing is the complete silence from IW. You'd think at some point someone would say; "You know what, lets show some decency and start talking to our customers". I have my own business and sometimes I make a mistake, it happens because I'm only human. But what I never do is dodge customers. I'm always open and honest with them. I let them know what I'm doing to correct the mistake and how long it's gonna take. I always get a lot of praise for that, people really appreciate my honesty and how I always do things in an open and transparent manner. You see IW, that's how you do business. You don't scam people and run and hide afterwards. You treat people the way you want to be treated. But I guess that doesn't sink in with you does it? The way you treat us shows exactly what kind of morals you people have, none.