29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2013 10:02 PM by Jullzwolf RSS

stop qqing and start learning.  ghosts is different.

Jullzwolf

At first, I was disappointed... cuz I was a top player in bo2.  Felt bad to start losing in ghosts.

Apparently I didn't know the maps or the right weapons to use. Recent cod r much faster in gameplay.

I love to run and gun through bo2. Ghosts is far more different.  The maps are very big, and there is alot of new weapons. Good for campers but campers r everywhere in any fps game . In ghosts, u need to play with focus, strategy and tactics. U can't just easily run and gun ur way any more. U have to keep ur eyes open, listen to foot steps, know how and where to use ur gun. Using the new techniques of sliding or lean can be also a massive support. Im enjoying ghosts after I learned the maps and found my favorite selection of weaponry. Alot of ppl hate ghosts cuz its being compared to a completly different game (bo2). My advice to all. Take your time to learn the maps on local player with bots. Find ur weapon then enjoy it to the max. ur skills can stand out in this game.

• Re: stop qqing and start learning.  ghosts is different.
          Izjar11

Yes, this game is not BO2 in many form. And the change is welcomed, tactical play is more prevalent in this game.

NaTuReS_FrEaK

so skills actually show on this game so if i have a 1.7 kd does that mean im good or will you think im a camper

OG_ShakeZula

honestly.. i know in my group of people i play with and friends.. 1.7 isn't a KDR of someone that is "good". they are decent though. more then likely you go positive a lot. sometimes you have monster games. sometimes you go negative.

a "good" player tends to range between about 2.20-3 anything over that then they are either very good or boosted/dashboard/etc. i have only met one person with a legit 4 kdr in my playing. but i do digress from the topic.

yes this game takes skill. BO2 did not. simple as that.

BlackhawkbillOO7

OG_ShakeZula, I believe it would depend on the game mode in which the person plays as to whether or not their KD represented how "good" or "bad" a player is. For example, TDM or HC TDM, KD is a relatively good indicator as to whether the player is one to get kills of give the other team kills. I play HC TDM and if I put my guys into a lobby with another team that has a 1.5 or higher KD average I know that we will need to play a bit tighter. If I put us into a lobby and the other team is averaging .50 to 1.0 KD's then we can normally play a lot looser. There are some game modes where KD isn't a gauge as to how "good" or "bad" a player might be. If a player has a 1.0 KD but has a butt load of captures and a relatively high win % then that would be an indicator to me that he knows how to play that particular game mode.   

layne2000

"yes this game takes skill. BO2 did not. simple as that."

Well, I don't believe that. When the circumstances are the same for all the players, skill separates the good from the bad (or lag). The game (any cod) itself is not easy or hard, because everyone has the same possibilities to perform well. Some game might suit better to your gamestyle and you have the feeling that it's easier to perform well than in some other game. It's the other players who make the game easy or hard, not the game itself.

I stress yet again the maps aren't that big, they are on par with COD 3, COD 4, MW2, W@W maps.  I don't understand why everyone seems to forgot the size of some of those maps.  But yes this game is completely different than the last 2 COD's, which is a huge welcome on my behalf.  I was always a fan of more bland killstreaks and liked the bigger older maps without the super rushers non-stop.  I loved COD 4 posting up with a R700 and claymores then sniping the entire map, now I can do that again on this COD.

xtlc2003

I'm new to CoD but I think it comes down to play style, the kids like the fast paced style of BO2, Ghost is kind of like old man CoD, slow and super paced. I LOVE the strategy that more complex maps offer but the size of these maps were just way too large. Perhaps they were on par with CoD4, W@W, & MW2 but that was almost four years ago. The largest map on the last three CoDs were smaller than the smallest map on Ghost, it's SUCH a huge change....

I mean this games often JUST Grinds on and on. Every so often you're luck to get into a match where it seems like everyone is content to just make their way to the middle of the map and try to off each other. To me that's good, the game gets a little more exciting and doesn't take so long per match but often it's very quite, campers everywhere and unless you have a godly connection to the host there no way to run around the map and look for people, you will ALWAYS loose the gun fight to a person hiding behind a door because all the guns are so OP that you're dead before you even know it....

I've come to the conclusion that Ghost is not bad, just not my preferred play-style and the haters from the last two CoDs are now the fans of Ghost and the fans of the last two CoDs are the haters of Ghost...

Jullzwolf

Im glad u guys agree with me. I think this gives all classes and weapons a new and more realistic perspective. Snipers can be snipers lol. Assault rifles can stand out vs smg. Scorestreaks do not control the game, which also brings back more play value. Shotgun players can't run around the map freely.perk selection is more distinctive. Attachments make a big visual and physical difference. Best part yet, u have to know what ur doing and where u going.

06kev12

Lag makes this game unplayable sometimes. I shouldn't have to change how I play because of that. The game needs some fixing plain and simple.

scumbaggah

This game is simple, It caters for the kids and noobs. Everything about it is easy. Lol @ considering sitting in the same spot with an AR, a dog and 1 capture as tactical, Tactical play is flanking, Choking and controlling spawns, Knowing the fastest paths and all the blind spots.

This game is not nooby....Please explain how rushing around like a headless chicken in the last 2 COD's is tactics.  This game goes back to the original way COD was meant to be.  COD 3, COD 4, W@W, MW2 all used to be slow paced on most game modes because you would be sniped in a heartbeat i you rushed like a headless chicken.  This is exactly what has happened again.  The original older players love this game, it is the new generation of COD kids that don't like it now because they can't run around retardly and kill everything with an SMG at any range.

scumbaggah

Cod 4 slow paced? Ak74u + Stopping power says otherwise, W@W Mp40?, MW2 UMP and stopping power? I guarantee I have played way more CoD over the years than you and most of the people on these forums so please don't tell me what older players want. CoD is only slow paced if you play that way, "Running around like a headless chicken" (as you campers seem to put it) actually takes skill to do successfully, Give it a go and try get 40-0 without camping, It is not as easy as you campers make out... Now sitting behind a crate while aiming in the same direction just waiting for someone to run around that corner takes no skill at all, Which is why EVERYONE is doing it. The game is very noob friendly,  e.g The revenge spawns, Massive amounts of hiding spots, Dumbed down killstreaks, Dumbed down game modes, Super fast flag captures, Easy sniping (I haven't got just a hitmarker yet, One shot kill from the ankle up lol).

Wow chill I am pretty sure I have been playing COD since before you ever heard of it since I played the original on PC in 2003 when it was first released, but whatever you wanna think.  Secondly sniper were always more predominant than AK74u that people didn't use all that much considering more people used the MP5.  Dumbed down killstreaks go way back to the older COD's if you actually know that.  Snipers in just about every COD have been a ohk except in BO2 which was a huge fail of a game anyways.  You seem pretty butthurt over this game being to tough or you to handle because you still feel you should be able to kill everything on the map well that doesn't happen anymore and you should just go ahead and get used to it.  And the same dumb downed game modes have been in almost all COD's except Cranked, Blitz, and whatever the other new one is.  So obviously you are either stupid or have never played COD until this one was released.  Final point is there are probably people on here with 3x as much COD playing time as you so you wanna chill a bit by throwing that stuff around.

This game isn't tough.  It's campy.  There  is no other way to put it.  This game caters to the noob and to the camper.  Twists and turns, random objects on the ground that stop your movement, something to hide behind everywhere = camper's paradise.  And I really don't get the hate on BO2.  IMO it was the best CoD since MW2 which was far from a  campy/ sniper game as you seem to put it.  The UMP was the go-to gun for running the map, and ruling the game.  Now, I'm not saying anything bad about Ghosts, it's a different game.  But the movement feels more like Battlefield than it does CoD, the game play much more subdued.  Much like it is in Battlefield.  The sniper rifles are OP, the dog stread is ridiculous, even worse than Martyrdom in previous games.  The absence of decent launchers really bothers me.  The panzerfaust + 2 grenade launchers, really?

I am definitely a noob and I don't see how this game caters to me at all. I suck at it (outside of campaign, which even then I am not that great).

scumbaggah

I don't think you know what you are talking about tbh. Killstreaks first apparared in CoD 4 and the chopper in that is 10x better than any streak in Ghosts, The only classic game modes in Ghosts is Dom, TDM, Free for all and now S&D. The fact you consider Kill Confirmed a classic mode tells me that you are full of **** lol. How can I be butthurt over this game being tough when I am saying it is easy? Can you read?..  Lol @ your final point, "Date joined November 8th 2013". Nuff said.

Ive been playing cod basically since the ps3 came out which was in 2007, ( aus ). Black Ops 1 had a gamemode called 'barebones' where there was no killstreaks, no perks, no attatchments. I REALLy would love that back. Now, about run and gunning, and sitting back. Both of these things are useful tactics, on older cods i used to do both. ON ghosts i find it a little more difficult to run an gun, simple because i get 'outplayed' by some sort of bullshit. Be it lag, or 'i put 7 bullets into him, but he only shot me twice and i died'.

As i said, both are useful tactics, and cod4 may have had larger maps too, however the objectives were all placed in a smaller area. I think the map Block? eh. cant remember the name of it ( the one with all the tall buildings ) had whole massive areas at each end of the map, that were pretty much unused.

To be honest, I'm pretty over doing laps of a map and not finding anyone, then some dude spawns behind me and kills me. There are problems with this game. They need to fix the lag. I cant tell whether its frame rate or matchmaking, because there is no 'ping' bar. They need to add that too. They need to change the spawns a little too. It happens both ways, i get spawn killed, and people spawn behind me and kill me. I dont find myself killing people who just spawned, i hardly get any kills in a match. ( althrough recently ive been playing SNR and thats been great).

Anyways, enough of the 'i played cod before you' bullcrap. It doesn't mean anything.

Ghost is now a camp fest. I not arguing this point, nor do I have a problem killing campers and topping the leader boards. I'm not even complaining anymore. By all means keep camping so I can continue to destroy you, but if you say Ghosts isn't a camp fest, your lying to yourself to make your camper self feel better.

ok basically everything you said is just a bs story of more bs....

the game you can run and gun if your good enough and with the right perks etc,,,,

keep my eyes open?? well I don't play cod with my eyes shut -_-

learn the weapons?? wtf is to learn? point and shoot..

listen to footsteps?? I have done this for many years ( nothing different)

the "contextual" lean = just some more bs that doesn't help the game in anyway..unless your a camper!

the slide - is a pointless game mechanic tbh it has not once ever got me out of trouble trying to use it.

once you learn the map and the guns you will play better? lol just like in any other COD game??

people hate ghosts cause of that?? no we hate the BS lag we get and not finding games within our own regions!!!

please never post another bs thread.

IndyOldDude

ya lets all learn to not move and sit in corners or in windows or rooftops.
                                                The Game is nothing but sniper fests, and/or guys sitting in corners with IEDS and Motion sensors, no one frickin moves!!!! Ya know why?  Because you take 2 steps out of respawn and are immediately sniped, or shot in the back, because of the horrible spawning system, and you go into any room and and IED or motion sensor goes off.

The quickscoping is becoming far worse already then MW3 or BO2....who wants to play against an entire team o f nothing but  snipers every frickin game, and this is in Kill Confirmed, every game I played in 2 hours tonight was nothing but snipers!
                                                This game needs some patchs, or fixes, or sniper only playlist or something,  cause it had so much potential but is slowing turning to crap.

maps like stormfront, the worst map ever,  whiteout, stonehaven, siege, and now even smaller maps like frieght, overloard, warhawk and tremor have become nothing but camper and sniper fests, real frickin fun...take 2 steps and get sniped, ya thats the most fun I have had in years
                                                Thumbs down!!

Oh ya almost forgot to mention the elephant footsteps, which also cause people to NOT move because someone 200 yards away can hear them

this thread is stupid. all it amounts to is saying "find out what the most OP gun is, silence it, and camp." there is no magic skill involved in this tiny TTK, gigantic 6 player camp fest.

Agreed. I'm loving the game.

Jullzwolf

I personally can play black ops 2 blindly... I run and gun knowing where everyone can possibly come out from and at any point of the map. Round and round I go. I simply pull out an easy 20-30 kills per round. Free for fall master with a high victory on winning first place. Check me up on Adam_k_t. Hate or not, you can not easily run and gun in ghosts, which I like that. Techniques do exist... for those who consider run and gun as running and killing two guys and respawning after being killed, better u camp until u figure out what techniques mean. If you have lags... get a better connection. Its ur connection that sucks...People who usually qq about lags are just looking for excuses.People... do u know the sat coms display the position of ur opponents on the map. In other words. If you are not capable of taking out a sitting duck, then u better sit ur butt in a corner and camp.How to learn how to use ur weapon?  For most black ops players... smg does it all. In ghosts, the smg has bad range and high recoil and not enough strength to take out at long distances. So ur weapon selection helps decide ur game play.  If ur using an smg or shotgun, then u would have to stay away from opened areas. If ur using a sniper, then u should be in the open areas, ..., etc.Here goes the oil canisters,  let the haters burn their QQs.