21 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 2:25 AM by Chucky6661 RSS

Favorite BO2 map?

Megadog14

Pretty simple question, with BO2s life now more or less over, which map was your favorite and why?

• Re: Favorite BO2 map?
          Megadog14

Derp, forgot to say mine- MOTD. Nice design and story, good characters, and the new guns they added are cool.

Davelo07

At the moment, it has to be Nuketown. Probably because I've rarely played it and it is a challenge from the start. After finally playing BO1, Nacht has shown me that small, challenging maps are what I prefer.

Overall favourite? I would agree with MOTD. Plenty to do without set up becoming painful, decent weapons/tacticals and it's a fun team map. Great atmoshere and for me, visually the best map in BO2.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yeah, Mob of the Dead (easily) for me. It had the best and most intuitive design, great weapons and the perfect atmosphere.

All other maps on BO2 were pretty terrible in my opinion. Origins is probably my least favorite. I really think that map was a letdown of epic proportions.

Megadog14

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

Origins is probably my least favorite. I really think that map was a letdown of epic proportions.

Yeah, the layout is decent enough, but every time I play I think about the ending and I get mad lol.

DeathBringer-Zen

The map layout is actually OK, but everything about the map is beyond sh*t!

The Tank is completely pointless and useless, the box has no decent new weapons and is almost not even worth hitting, the EE is the most tedious and worthless to date, the thunder punch is terrible, the staffs are meh, the packed mauser is just a single shot Mark II (how original... smh), PHD is practically useless on the map, the better features like obtaining more than 5 perks is not even worth the time and effort in co-op matches, and the whole map just looks too much like a comic book.

For a map set in the trenches of WWII, I expected a darker, more sinister look to it. It looks all Blue and cartoonish! Not even remotely atmospheric.

I actually enjoy playing ANY other map on BO2 than Origins. I am also glad that BO2 has been overwhelmingly panned by most people, as it means that it is not just me being stubborn about it, and hopefully it means the idiots behind the terrible maps on BO2 actually put some effort in with the next game and don't just throw out stupid maps with ridiculous locations just for the sake of it.

Megadog14

Disagree about the box weapons (Scar-H is pretty fun) but I agree with you on the other things... hopefully the zombies team will get their stuff together on next-gen.

DeathBringer-Zen

The Scar was OK, as was the MG08 but they were not worth smashing the box for them. Adding the Skorpion EVO and the extended clip B23R, MP40 and AK74 was just laughable. They are terrible additions to the box and were just added to up the numbers.

Personally, I have only ever hit the box a few times on Origins. I saw what it contained and gave up on it to the point that in my last several games of Origins I played, I did not even look at the box... even during Fire Sales.

Booman45

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

The map layout is actually OK, but everything about the map is beyond sh*t!

Okay DBZ I respect your opinion but I must disagree on some points you made.

1st The layout lived up to expectations IMO. Twice the size of TranZit (Including The Crazy Place and all layers of the dig site PLUS the robots.)

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

the staffs are meh,

I agree on the Stff of Lightning and Wind since they're just Staffs of Earlier weapons, BUT I liked the way you get and upgraded the Staff of Fire and Ice. The Panzer Soldat's ARE hard to kill at round 8 for some and it's a welcome challenge to ANY loyal zombie player (not saying you aren't one.)

PHD is practically useless on the map,

That's why they didn't PHYSICALY put it on the map.

But in all you made a vivid point.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yeah, I admit to being a little over negative about the map, but I stick by the majority of my opinions on it.

On to your own opinions... I do not believe that Origins is twice the size of Tranzit (or even close to it). I actually think on a scale, they are both about the same size to be honest.

I do agree though that the Fire and Ice staffs are decent enough from a power stance, but I personally hate them all. I just don't like using them for some reason, but that probably stems from the fact that I did not really like the Wunderwaffe or the Winters Howl, and I think the Wind Staff is complete trash. Fire Staff is extremely powerful and good for high rounds, but I still don't like it.

With regards to PHD. It may not be physically on the map as a perk machine, but you get it every second spin of the Wunderfizz machine so it is as good as. I just don't see why they bothered adding it!? There is a few decent flopping spots, but the perk is pretty useless unless you are running with a Raygun, and I would not waste my time on the box long enough to try and pull one.

I also appreciate the challenge the map presents, but like all previous BO2 maps, the challenge is only there is you choose it to be. You can easily train in the Crazy Place and all challenge is gone, or you could do something like this...

And suddenly the challenge is gone. Any map can be challenging if you choose to make it that way. Most people think the other maps are not challenging because they go into games and train or camp in the same spots every single time.

I have started playing all the maps again now and have started mixing it up. I played MotD a few days back and trained in the dock area for the first time since week 1 of the maps launch. It was really fun. Also played Buried and decided to hold up inside the Saloon for the first time ever! Boy... was that tough. Even played Tranzit the other day and beat my previous solo record by 2 rounds thanks to a newer, faster strategy.

I don't like Origins because I find the stuff required to be done very tedious and, in my opinion, unrewarding. The map itself is laid out well enough, but I think it lacks atmosphere and some of the features included are useless and/or pointless.

Booman45

Hey, it's YOUR opinion. I agree with somethings, we ALL have a different opinion. I used to think MoTD was the best BUT after the drop of origins, I don't play much MoTD anymore. I still haven't got all the achivements from any of the maps. I play solo most of the time and I play like NGTZombies but with my own twist.

FlyingPlatapus

Personally I like origins the best of any of the maps. take away the end cut scene, and the EE along with the staffs are great IMO. I know a lot of players (including myself were upset with the results of origins), but after a break From it, i like the map, and the EE a lot. I think it's challenging. Not everyone can complete it. It also has a good flow to it once mastered. I also love the creepiness to it.( comic book style or not). Of all the maps MOTD is my least fav. Got to easy once everything was completed. Every game I've had on MOTD we quit at a point because it was a waste of time to continue ( we were never going to die). In a way origins does become that way too, but it takes awhile to get there. Just my thoughts.

Jugg3naut510

I'm probably gonna get lots of stares (but who the **** cares about me anyway?) but I have to say that Origins is my favorite map. Yeah the Easter Egg was a shock to us all but I tend to ignore that and just made up my own thing that happened after Origins and beginning with Nacht. I felt really great playing Origins after Buried (which to me was an almost bigger let down with Die Rise) though BO2Z is my least from WaWZ and BOZ (BO being my favorite cause with the Easter Eggs and the rewards and the maps are so damn fun to play even to this day). I liked the fact that they added in PhD Flopper (though it's not the same as in BO). I would add more but that'll just be more bullshit for us all. Mob is great compared to the others and so is Nuketown but other than that the only one I adore of the Green Run Group is Tranzit and that's just about it. I do still play the other maps once in a while but I get mostly attracted to Origins a lot.

1) Mob of the Dead

2/3) Nuketown

2/3) Origins

4) Buried

5) Die Rise

6) TranZit

Mr_Spaceman

Toss up between MotD and Origins for me. The rest are just shite.

I liked Buried because of the simplicity. It wasn't a game quitting situation for people if they went down because the map was very versatile.

sasukeJAuchiha

Buried and MOTD. I know people hated buried because it was too easy, but I find myself playing it the most of any map mostly because everything can be done by one person. MOTD is a fun map but pap is a *****, and the map is too big.

Cheesegrater28

"MOTD is a fun map but pap is a *****, and the map is too big"

Thats exactly why that became my least favorite map. I thought it was going to be awesome my first couple of play throughs, but then building and fueling that plane got old real quick. Especially with randoms which is how I play most of my games. And the path from the docks to the prison is a LONG one in a very bad way. I felt like I took it over and over each game to pick people up, grab jugg, or grab a plane part. Instead of a slow gondola we have to pay for as the only short cut, why not add zip lines and the flipper in another spot like CotD had. That way you can have a big map thats fun to traverse, not tedious.

matuzz

In my opinion they are not great..

Tranzit is the worst one, easy choice.

Nuketown Zombies was actually decent little map but has not much to offer on strategic side.

Die Rise one of the better maps on BO2, unfortunately it was infested with glitches.

Mob of the Dead, great atmosphere but in the end lacks challenge and became boring fast.

Buried, just dull. On the plus side it was fun in Turned.

Origins, looked like a really fun map. Not that I could know as I couldn't play much further than round 16 when the game crashes.

Cheesegrater28

Probably Die Rise and Origins. Die Rise is the only map that grew on me and got better over time and Origins was the only map this game I felt added new things for the better. Minus the ending of the EE which is the worst thing in any zombie map.

Chucky6661

Thats a tough question, initially transit was ace, the bus was great fun, MotD as you guys say had an ace atmosphere, and were it not for the fact I am required to re download loads of crap to play it I would say it's my number one, however as far as I'm concerned they have rendered it unplayable with no real fix to the problem ( freezes). So I say nuke town. It's just about killing Zs, no silly WW allowing players to get to stupid rounds, could of done with a wunder fizz but hey, I still love it