10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2013 12:52 PM by dr0pk1ckz RSS

Ghosts lag > BLOPS2 lag

piiwii

I get much more lag in Ghosts than BLOPS2 because I get connected to a lot of international games, whereas BLOPS2 was mainly within my country, but if you were to set that issue aside completely and just compare like-for-like, Ghosts netcode seems better.

When it lagged in BLOPS2, I could never get my shots to connect, but in Ghosts even when it's choppy as hell, if my shot lines up then I always seem to get the shot. I can easily get 20 kills in a game with horrible lag. Has anyone else experienced this?

Now if only we could have the best of both worlds...Ghosts netcode plus BLOPS2 focus on local connections...

• Re: Ghosts lag > BLOPS2 lag
          LastShadowCOD

BO2 seems like a dream compared to Ghosts in the lag department.

BO2 plays slow and you don't get hitmarkers. Ghosts is unplayable - people appearing and disappearing, framing, and teleporting.

nintendon't

Both work flawless for me unless I get a bad host or if there's something wrong on my end like someone downloading or whatever. *shrugs*

uscoastgaurd

Strange enough, I had absolutely NO LAG in Black Ops 2, and I hated that game to death. Now, I honestly kind of miss it, Ghosts lag is too much to handle.

BlackMetroid95

Lol I can't believe it either, as much as a kinda disliked BO2 it actually was kinda fun- much more fast paced than Ghosts. Ghosts is still a excellent game- for once in a CoD game i can blame the BS in the game on the campers. I die fair deaths (lag being a exception) and the guns are/sound great. The netcode is vastly improved too. Depending on how many people are on the internet downloading/streaming video (1-2 people) I can still play the game, although there's some twitch lag (the type of lag i classified that entails that when you play, you have some very brief but odd "pockets" of lag that happens sporadically )

dr0pk1ckz

my shots rarely find their target, but I'm dying with incredibly quickly... don't know why, I'm playing with a 50k lan connection... lag comp or some ****? ghosts would be a good game, if this won't suck so hard in combination with a few other things like the spawn system...

like2nap03

dr0pk1ckz wrote:

my shots rarely find their target, but I'm dying with incredibly quickly... don't know why, I'm playing with a 50k lan connection... lag comp or some ****? ghosts would be a good game, if this won't suck so hard in combination with a few other things like the spawn system...

50k?  I'm guessing that's a typo.  Dial-up is 56k.  If it's not a typo, then I see what the problem is

Also if you meant a 50Mb download speed then that doesn't really matter so much.  You can play this, and any other COD game, just fine on a 1Mb download connection so long as it's stable and nothing else is using your bandwidth.  Upload speed matters more, along with connection stability, and your latency.