1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2013 4:09 PM by nicedrewishfela Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)

AllG00DThings wrote:

Give devs a break!?  The hell I will. They have been virtually copy and pasting the same game now for how long?  But the same problems and issues occur over and over.  At this point in COD's life cycle on current gen systems, the game should be polished.

And yet you keep buying it. See the problem? Why take serious time to fix things if people will buy it regardless? It's been cop and paste since MW2 and people still buy the game.

• 61. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)
          Momba1

The PC side was 191MB update followed by a 462MB update. Further the next GEN consoles were updated almost over night. Another example is the Xbox One/PS4 had firmware (OS) updates day one. It's simple programmers are aware of problems and then you have production deadlines that are more important than after-the-fact bug fixes.

It takes a long time to produce 'media' and media is always produced in the 'past' meanwhile coding and bugs continue to develop.

My experience, again, is in PHP/SQL programming and the same coding error problems plague anything written (coded) by humans with 'oopsy' human errors.

The problem is IW developed (modified) significant changes in their engine and those changes have and were flawed since release -- day one. No doubts about it IW knew.

• 62. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)
            starbuckfrack

Bubbakush wrote:

as i stated your on the xbox 360 ghost forums it comes with the context if you say something that people will think your talking about the xbox 360 ghost game not miss pac man at a arcade

So by your analogy the OP posted this on the COD Ghosts Xbox 360 forum. So that would mean that his post is related to the COD Ghosts Xbox 360 game only . Right ?

So since he didnt specify that it works on more than one console means that it is HIS fault he didnt specify that it only works for one console.

So I am not at fault for assuming it only works on this console and all the other console just have game patches stored on USB a week in advance.

Is that right ? So am I in the right for assuming they dont follow any procedure at all for the other consoles ?

• 63. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)
              maccabi

Momba1 wrote:

Megadog14 wrote:

Momba1 wrote:

IW knew 100% that their game was buggier than hell and you're a fool if you think much less argue it any other way.

Do you have any proof whatsoever about that? Oh wait nevermind, im just a fool...

Yep, a huge 'plan B' update was released almost instantly. My observation being (playing) on both the PC and Console (Xbox) plus having extensive past experience that IW or for that matter but to a more limited extent Activision couldn't have known that there weren't significant problems.

Listen in my business I have competition and at any given moment I have at least a dozen or more improvements that can be rolled-out next day and at least a couple 'nuke' level improvements to keep my competition at bay. It's part of staying on top and keeping your competition at bay.

ALL games have day0 /day1 patches

simply because deadlines in retail release means there comes a point where work as to stop to gold master the game, work then continues on the game and is added in... first patches.

• 64. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)
                starbuckfrack

Bubbakush wrote:

the proof they knew there game was bugged was a patch a few days after launch to fix ui problems and make the operations run properly

When a game "goes gold" a month before release  they still work on more patches to set the game up for release. This isnt an N64 game. Which BTW N64 games come out buggy too. Some dont work on all consoles.

• 65. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)

Megadog14 wrote:

Momba1 wrote:

IW knew 100% that their game was buggier than hell and you're a fool if you think much less argue it any other way.

Do you have any proof whatsoever about that? Oh wait nevermind, im just a fool...

Anyone with even a tiny bit of knowledge on how software development works, would know that there is no such thing as bug-free software. Anyone that claims otherwise, is simply bluffing. Sorry but, that's the hard reality of it.

• 66. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)

I know that, but according to him they knew the game was very poor on PC , which I highly doubt. Its entirely possible that the game ran fine on their systems and they didn't notice some of the issues other people are having.

• 67. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)
                      Momba1

LimonAgrio wrote:

Megadog14 wrote:

Momba1 wrote:

Anyone with even a tiny bit of knowledge on how software development works, would know that there is no such thing as bug-free software. Anyone that claims otherwise, is simply bluffing. Sorry but, that's the hard reality of it.

No in this case IW broke the 'record' and these problems, especially present on the PC side, are reprehensible and from most everyone's PC point of view it was a failure in epic proportions for a 'AAA' title. BF4 at least had the brains to Beta first, and yep there's a constant stream of bug fixes and enhancements; at least it was playable...

• 68. Re: FYI Let me explain the patching process.(AKA give devs a break)
                        jeepchick

Alright. Let's all just simmer down. Great discussion but heading towards cesspool status very fast.

Assumptions aren't good for constructive discussion. Neither is sarcasm or sass. Unsure about the intent of a post? As for clarification... NICELY.

I don't want to lock this thread. Get back on topic and everyone hug. Or high five. Maybe a fist bump. e-Germs and all, can't be too careful.

Claire

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next