1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 4:15 AM by squirrelness Go to original post RSS
      • Test #1
        50. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

I'll be hooking it up this weekend.

Just read about the headphone dilemma up in the thread. Didn't even think about that.

See you in the  Xbox One forums soon.

Last Edited: Nov 21, 2013 7:25 PM
        • Test #1
          51. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

Double down. Use your regular headset for sound and the Xbox One chat headset for chat. 2 headsets but who's watching?

Last Edited: Nov 21, 2013 7:46 PM
          • Test #1
            52. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

Not sure where you live, because Walmart here in the US has one for a bit cheaper, but here's a link to a digital optical (Toslink) to RCA converter.  This will allow you to at least get in game sounds through the headset.  We'll just have to use the included mono mic for chat until at least February it appears. 

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-AGPtek-Digital-Optical-Converter/dp/B005DIRI6 I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385092049&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+optical+to+rca

Last Edited: Nov 21, 2013 7:50 PM
            • Test #1
              53. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

The NSA obviously.

Last Edited: Nov 21, 2013 9:13 PM
              • Test #1
                54. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

I said I'd give feedback, so here it is.  Keep in mind this is a very early impression as I've played all of two games (it's 3am here and I have a 1 year old who will be up in a few hours, haha.)

1)  As I mentioned I played a couple of games.  HC KC was the mode.  Both times it told me I was going to join '1 of 3 lobbies', haha.  I'm sure that will get better in the next few days and weeks.

2)  I had to turn my sensitivity down.  It defaulted back to 3, I adjusted it back up to 8 and I gave myself a headache.    So back down to 6 it went.

3)  The game just looks better.  And it's almost hard to get used to, but in a good way.   It's a difference you can most definitely see.

4)  It sure felt like I got shot around a corner a few times, but keep in mind that 1) I am fairly tired and that likely played a role in how I perceived things (ie reaction times are slower), 2) I am not playing with my TB headset right now until my digital optical to rca adapter comes in and I had the TV low so as not to wake up my wife, and 3) I'm not sure that dedicated servers are up and running yet.

All in all it certainly wasn't a bad experience for my first time.  The new 'look' is definitely going to take some getting used to, but again, in a good way.  I will be very interested to see how things feel once I have my headset back up and running and I have a few more days to adjust to everything.  But I'll most certainly continue to provide updates, be they good or bad. 

Last Edited: Nov 22, 2013 1:16 AM
                • Test #1
                  55. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

I hope you understand that when it comes to the servers, you are only going to be playing with those that also have an Xbox One. You wont be able to play with anyone that has a 360. That is the way they have it set up.

Last Edited: Nov 22, 2013 2:54 AM
                  • Test #1
                    56. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

djacks400 wrote:

I'm not moving. Staying with 360 until the next release of COD or until my 360 dies. If this thread were an indicator so far, you might have problems finding many full lobbys. 9v9 isn't relevant when there aren't many players in the first place.

Same here, I'm going to wait until mine takes a dump or someone decides to give me one, which either comes first. Seeing how cod is the only game I play now, I can't really justify to myself to buy a new console for one game...

Last Edited: Nov 22, 2013 3:11 AM
                    • Test #1
                      57. Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

Of course.  Someone joked that there wouldn't be many people to choose from.  That's why I made the comment about the low number of lobbies.  it will get better as time goes on.

Last Edited: Nov 22, 2013 4:15 AM
                      1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next