1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 3:29 PM by mr742 Go to original post RSS
      • 41. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!

I don't see the "op-ness"  (get ur mind out of gutter)  I get killed by a variety of guns... They all shoot bullets and if u hit me a few times,  hell I deserve to die.  I have noticed tho that ppl who do well with msbs use almost a standard set of perks and attachments like stalker, quick draw, focus, thermal or tracker sight as they mainly ads walk otherwise they get outgunned if in burst mode and in a surprise engagement. They use grip when in full auto cause it kicks at long range,  picked a few up,  really don't like it, I'll take an arx, lsat, or fad anyday

• 42. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!
          nicedrewishfela

Haven't unlocked the MSBS, picked it up off the ground and in an ammo crate a few times and liked how it felt. In HC it took at least 2 bursts to kill (The first time I got it I didn't realize it was 3 round burst and died because I just held down the trigger when someone came up on me suddenly lol). 3 Bursts typically are more deadly because they require better aim. You miss with the first burst you are likely to get cut down. That being said, perception is trumped by numbers. If the numbers show an issue, I am sure it will be tweaked in the future. But I haven't played enough to really make a call on it. Fact of the matter is, it is in the game as it is now... adjust your game accordingly.

As for the IEDs... I hate those little buggers. I truly do. But then I was never a fan of Betties or Claymores either. You want to see tough to spot and nearly impossible to avoid? Go back to WaW and check out the bouncing betties in that game. Oy.

The IEDs can be avoided, however. When you hear them set off(they make a distinctive whine), hit the ground. It is tough to time but saved my life a few times already.

• 43. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!
            IndyOldDude

what? you mean you don't like spawning in right next to an IED and blowing up immediately??

• 44. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!
              IndyOldDude

SitRepPro wrote:

nicedrewishfella, if he is the creator of the saying.

I don't see the issue with IEDs, there's SitRep and you can spot them if they're not too well hidden.  I'm not sure if they are scavengeable as I don't bother with explosives or tactical stuff.

You're supposed to be killed in one burst otherwise the guy using the gun dies due to burst delay.  You're not going to want to kill someone in two bursts when a fully automatic AR will kill quicker.

The problem with IED's is them being placed on spawns and players spawning on top of them and immediately blowing up

• 45. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!

To counter the I.E.D, use sitrep. It is designed to kill, and not beep 20 odd times like an alarm clock. As for the MSBS i agree too, it is slightly OP, but effective when applied to the matter at hand correctly

• 46. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!
                  poisonvein7

it sends it in the air the directs it to the ground into the person that tripped it. only way to avoid it is if there is a wall or somthing nearby to run behind and make it hit the wall. that being said i think its fine and does as it is intended since it is a killstreak after all.

back on topic. as for the IED as much as i get killed by it i think its fine. the point is for it to blend in and kill people. what use would it be if people heard it and had more than enough time to run away every single time it went off.

P.S. i dont use IEDs and as stated, die often from them so my opinion on the IED is just that, an opinion.

• 47. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!
                    veilofmaya

did you complain about the claymores in bo2, mw2? replenishable and wayyyy better than the ied...as for the MSBS..meh...the famas from mw2 was a one burst kill...m16 in cod4 was a one burst kill and those never got nerfed...i think they made assault rifles powerful overall was to compete with the marksman rifles..which in range will kill in 2 shots...had a few 1 shot headshots also

• 48. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!
                      KoRny1

How on earth can you complain about one weapon being OP when any single gun in this game will kill someone in core in 0.5 seconds or less.

as for the I.E.D., the timer on the explosion after being triggered takes so long, most people are able to run right past mine and get a safe distance away before it explodes.

The SitRep perk also is a very easy / practical means to avoid them. This perk alone is convenient enough to mean the IED doesn't need to be nerfed.

• 49. Re: The MSBS assault rifle and the I.E.D lethal need nerfing ASAP!

I totally with the idea of keeping the gun an not nerfing it what so ever. This forces the players to experiment a little with the gun types and the perks to find that counter, cause from all we know with previous Call of Duties, they all have a counter type to one another whether it be perks or attachments. As for the bs with the IEDs, i think they should have kept bouncing betties instead, just for the core fact that if you say that **** you could get down rather quickly and avoid damage, but alert the opposing player. With the IEDs though you need to spend that extra slot of perks for blast shield or even sitrep, but that can go against most players styles. In other words, fix or replace the IED, but give us a counter option to the MSBS.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next