8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2013 3:00 PM by WilliamCL57 RSS

Bonus Digital Content Problem - XBOX One

Good Evening,

I received my X1 this morning installed Ghosts, redeemed the code for the Season Pass, then when I went to redeem the code for the bonus content (freefall etc) it comes up with a message saying something along the lines of 'Cannot buy this right now' and 'sorry, there is a problem getting this offer try again later' but its been saying it all day.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Test #1
          Re: Bonus Digital Content Problem - XBOX One
          Hey s7even_uk,  Thanks for posting! Turn your console off and then back on and try again (this clears the consoles cache). If it still does not work, try redeeming the code via the Xbox Live website. Let me know if this helps!  ^MC  ATVI Support
          Last Edited: Nov 22, 2013 3:03 PM
          • Test #1

I had this problem as well, so what I did was quit the game using the menu button after returning to the dashboard. Then I tried the code again using the kinect code scan and it worked for me.

Last Edited: Nov 22, 2013 3:55 PM
            • Test #1

I get the same. Cannot redeem on XBox One or through XBox Live. Both give a message:

Cannot buy this right now

Sorry, there is a problem getting this offer. Try again later

UK XBox Live account. Hardened edition purchased from Amazon.co.uk.

Last Edited: Nov 23, 2013 8:27 AM
              • Test #1

Firstly make sure you have correctly set up the parental settings on the xb1 quite a few people have had issues due to this.

secondly there seems to be a delay with digital content migrating onto the xb1 system atm last tim ei spoke with the xbl team today they said it was best to try to enter codes via the xbl website as that isnt dependant on what dl server you are connected to.

Last Edited: Nov 23, 2013 8:34 AM
                  • Test #1

Hi thanks for the advice/tips, sadly nothing you suggested worked, It seems only the COD Ghosts bonus content is a problem.

I bought 4 day one edition launch games all bonus content through the others worked, QR codes for Forza & Dead Rising went through like a breath of fresh air, BF4 25 digit code also accepted, All downloaded & installed... Except for COD Ghosts Freefall The supplied code just will not work.

I'd normally be frustrated but given some users problems with launch day hardware & software issues, I've mostly escaped them & I'm Loving the new console & ghosts so far, So will keep checking back patiently until a solution surfaces.

Last Edited: Nov 23, 2013 11:12 AM