23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 3:44 PM by appledaniel RSS

Clan Wars Map

Cobradavis

Anybody else having issues where it says your map is under maintenance but wont effect your score?

• Re: Clan Wars Map
          appledaniel

yes thats what mine is saying also.  How am i suppose to progress, if i dont even know what game modes to play??

beachhead studios stated on twitter about an hour ago they are aware of the issue and are looking into it. I haven't seen anything on it since. I'm having the same problem this evening

appledaniel

wonderful!, i get screwed again!  On mw3 my clan ops and challenges didnt work for 2 months, couldnt enter a thing, and werent able to rank up clan for 2 months! and now this.  Im sure our clan is already so far behind that well never even get to compete for anything, great!

As long as two clan members are playing together in matches and you are doing clan vs clan you'll still rank up, the clan wars are more about getting unlocks it seems. and they are every two weeks except this one that only lasts 7 days as it's the initial run

appledaniel

thanks, but i have no idea what game mode to even play or what division etc, it just says our map is under maintenance. ?

this is a bummer, whatever clan has the most members is going to win anyway, small clans dont have a chance even if they win alot of games. i have a clan of 6 people, i dont want some huge clan with a bunch of randoms. but the more people you got the more points you can win toward that game mode.   oh well, clan wars for me is non-existent i guess.

Actually they match your clan up with other clans like yours.  Honestly I bet the initial divisions are set by something like this:

Total hours of playing time for the clan divided by number of members.

Current clan war game modes:

Hardcore Kill Confirmed

Hardcore TDM

Hardcore S and R

Kill Confirmed

S and R

Blitz

Cranked

Hunted

Domination

TDM

As long as ANY member of your clan is playing ANY of those games modes and they WIN a match, regardless of their kills or score, your clan gets a point in that game mode.

appledaniel

right on, thanks for the info, i still wouldnt know, how it works, cause its still says "your clans map is under maintenance!!!" in other words, its still not working for me!  i have no idea what division were in etc????

We totally get that your maps are saying under maintenance..mine are doing the same thing and we are locked out. There is no point in fretting. Until they fix the problem or come out with a work around all any of us can do is just go play and enjoy ourselves. Clan wars isn't about ranking up and moving your clan up. If your worried about that go play clan vs clan or with other clan members in public lobbies and you will increase your rank.
                                    What STB is saying is that your concern that only big clans will get the rewards is unfounded. You are matched against clans that are comparable to yours. They are going to put a clan with 150 members up against a clan with 15. Though right now you can't see what division your clan is in or how they are doing, get your clan to jump into those game types he mentioned and start playing for the win..
                                    This is a great article that will explain it all... http://oneofswords.com/2013/11/everything-you-need-to-know-about-clan-wars/

sorry that should say they AREN'T going to put a clan of 150 against a clan of 15

appledaniel

i know there are other ways to level up! thats not what im saying!!! i dont care about some dumb game mode. im tired of paying alot of money and having things just plain out not work!, thats all!

What if i wanted to try to win or achieve patches from clan wars?  i shouldnt care that i cant?  i shouldnt care that its a COMPETITIVE game mode and it works for some and not others?  that doesnt seem very fair at all. 

So you miss you on this week, in 7 days they will have another clans wars and you can compete then for two weeks to win patches and bonuses. Give them time to work out the bugs. We didn't pay for Clan Wars we paid to play Ghosts, Clan Wars is a bonus and the app is free

appledaniel

hey its not my fault they decided to put a 1/3 of the game and info on some app!  Some people cant even use that app at all!, i paid for what was advertised to get me to buy the game! and its not working!, but yet works for others, thats where it becomes unfair!  and thats the same line of crap they kept telling us when it didnt work on mw3. they just kept saying it will work very soon, and dont worry, well 2 months went by and it never worked!, our clan was stuck at level 34 for the last 2 months of the game, and we could not even try to get to level 50!, yea thats cool!

I just got a response back from Beachhead on twitter, they are trying to get this issue resolved asap.
                                                      I totally get your frustration, in my clan I'm the only one with access so we are out until it comes up, but all we can do it wait it out..is there someone else in your clan that has access through their tablet or phone?

appledaniel

no i have no other ways. was lucky enough that it worked on a phone, i dont have a tablet, etc. i have a pc, but not windows 8.1, i have a surface, but not the right one. There are many people who dont have any access to the "app" what so ever. i feel bad for them, it should be included in the game.

I don't disagree with you a pc or in game app would have been great for everyone to use, not everyone can have a phone and/or tablet. But some how I think we would probably be seeing the same issues or something similar. It's technology, no matter how much it is tested behind the scenes on launch almost always something fails, even if the end user doesn't see it.

appledaniel

well its a bummer that it has happened to me now twice, and the first time it happened it did not get fixed fast, it took over two months, meanwhile many other clans were playing and entering competitions, we could not do a thing. i just have bad luck, have my whole life, i guess i should be used to this kind of stuff by now.

You do understand that we're TELLING YOU WHAT GAME MODES TO PLAY so you CAN COMPETE in clan wars right?

appledaniel

and YOU dont get it do you?  i know what people have said.  Just look at my posts to why im upset.  I shouldnt have to "rig" my way thru finding out what game modes to play!!!, my app should work! it should for everyone and not just some!!!  and this happened to me before! and all this same stuff was said to me, like it was no big deal, and it will be fixed fast, no problem!, well it wasent!!, it didnt work for me for 2 months , but yet worked for others!, im just tired of things not working!  in a week i dont want to have to come on here and find out what game modes to play again, then again after 2 weeks, and then again in another 2 weeks, then have to tell every member of my clan numerous times, what to play!!!!  its easy to say crap to people when yours works fine!! but when your the guy that gets screwed everytime, it starts to bother you!!

appledaniel

and i understand how it works, but come on! people are saying just play and as long as this or that it will work!, so your telling me its not a big deal that the app isint working for us?   just dont worry about it?  come on!,get real!, it should work!, i shouldnt have to deal with this!, im mw3 our clan got screwed for 2 months not being able to enter a thing  cause their website didnt work!! we werent able to progress at all for 2 months, and what happened?, not a thing!, we along with others (whos website didnt work) got screwed!

how about if when my credit card goes through to pay for this game, i call them and say "its no big deal it didnt work", sorry, i am aware of it and working hard to get it fixed, then just never called them back or payed for my game!!, yeaa right!!

If your using a Windows phone update is in the store for the Call of Duty app that has fixed the Map Maintenance problem. My maps are up and running now..hope this fixes it for some of you..Good Luck!!

tahoephoenix

I got a notification that my clan had captured LA Airport, but when I got to look at the app it shows down for maintenance so maybe they are fixing all the issues.  Lets just hope scores arent affected.