23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2013 12:34 PM by robbierocket RSS

I'm Heartbroken (1.05)

blackOPSpoo

I'm about 11-12 hours into Multiplayer.  Up until today, I've been ready to call this the best game out of the box since MW1 (maybe ever).  I've had some issues with it of course, but I think the new engine, for the most part, is solid.  I've had normal connections (fairly consistently).  Hit detection has been pretty damn fair.  Not much lag.  I think the game balance is pretty good.  Maps, weapons, perks, etc pretty right on....

Until today...  Woke up this morning.  Downloaded 1.05.  And all of a sudden this thing is playing exactly like MW3 and BO2.  Terrible hit detection.  One shot deaths.  People playing a second in front of me.  Inexplicable goings on.  I feel like they've made some tweaks for the worst (even though they haven't listed them in the patch notes). 

I really REALLY REALLY hope this is a fluke or a coincidence.  This game had been playing extremely well for me, but these last couple hours of play... I'm finding myself right back in the MW3/BO2 frustration zone... 

• Re: I'm Heartbroken (1.05)
          blackOPSpoo

And they just put me into a game, literally, in the middle of a final kill cam..   Well over a hundred days playing COD online... that's a first...  I'm very nervous...

illstplaya2live

THis made me laugh.

IM not sure why this would make you nervous. This happens all the time in COD. Nothing new here. Even if it was new I'm still not sure why you would be nervous because of it.

blackOPSpoo

No...  That's the point.  This is very new for me.  The last, probably, 3-4 installments have been terrible out of the box.  The first two weeks you might as well not even pick it up.  The next month or two are almost playable.  Then it gets SLIGHTLY better, and that's how it stays (bad) for the next 10 months. 

The first 8-10 hours I've put into Ghosts have been really pleasant.  Like I said above, it's been playing pretty well for me.  Until today...  Guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up...

illstplaya2live

That's strange. I haven't had any problems with any of the patches. My games have been pretty much consistent.

BUt this always happens when they release a new patch. There's people who don't experience any change and then there's people who have a huge change.

I am having the same problem and it seems to have happened after I got the patch. I'm still hoping that I have just been consistently put into lobbies with bad hosts for the last 20 matches but it's really starting to make me mad. Last night I went positive every match for 15 to 20 matches. Today updated and haven't even come close to going even, let alone positive.

illstplaya2live

Have you tried resetting your modem and router?

no, my NAT is still open and I usually have to reset every now and then when it goes to moderate, but I haven't reset today yet.

blackOPSpoo

Yep...  Here we go...  Games playing terrible, so we start in with... 

"Have you checked your network connections?" 

"How about your router settings?" 

"You need to reset your modem."

How about a game where I don't have to reset my modem 3 times a night?  How about a game that uses UPNP and I don't have to hire an IT department to play? 

Thanks for the tip, but I've been through all this s#*t for years with this game...  And it's stupid.  This game was playing great for a few hours, not it isn't....  It's disappointing, and that sucks...  My settings and modem/router are fine...

amathyx

welcome to online gaming

MrZombieClowns

blackOPSpoo wrote:

How about a game that uses UPNP and I don't have to hire an IT department to play? 

Thanks for the tip, but I've been through all this s#*t for years with this game...  And it's stupid.  This game was playing great for a few hours, not it isn't....  It's disappointing, and that sucks...  My settings and modem/router are fine...

You should know by now, the multi-player experience is going to consistently inconsistent.

UPNP is one of my setups that I use. I can play wired, wireless, ports opened, ports closed, dmzed, QOSed, high speed, throttled, packet limited, etc. From my experience, I'm going to have the same online experience no matter what I do or how I run my set up.

My suggestion whenever you're having a bunch of bad games in row, stop playing, move on to something else, then try again later.

ANWRambo

THEY FIXED PLAYERS SPAMMING THE SCREEN.

FAIL. LMAO.

At least I heard they fixed some spawns.

Harney05

How could someone in their right mind think this game is a better game than Black Ops 2? Damn people really do like AR superiority, super OP ARs with crappy SMGs, and huge maps with hundreds of camping spots, oh and people spawn camping for MOABs/KEM, oh and that IED bullshit that can't even countered, yea, I guess IW didn't learn that Nuke was mistake and encouraged camping back in MW2, and they brought it back more than ever,''Oh **** people who always complain about commando, lets just integrate it into the game!" Treyarch is much better, at least they're like **** you campers! Make SMGs that stand out against ARs and make perks like Ghost that only works while you're moving, oh and they also care a lot more about competitive, with fantastic things like league play, oh and they also invented zombies which has been a success for a long time in call of duty history, Activision seriously should stick with Treyarch, they know how to make their games fun and not frustrating, IW isn't even the same team that made Call of duty 4, in fact most of the people that made Cod4 are in a new team called Respawn Entertainment and are making Titanfall, yes I'm being a fanboy here but Treyarch knows how to make their games playable and not a camping/AR fest!

vicx333p

The I.E.D. has no counter?

wut

The_Dreaded

I agree with a lot of what you said.  I thought BO2 was far superior in the fun department than Ghosts has shaped up to be so far.  And this is coming from someone that hated W@W, and BO1.  I used to think IW had it down, and Treyarch had screwed the pooch.  Then I got MW3, and my perception started to change.  I picked up BO2 because my friends were switching, and it completely changed my mind.  Ghosts is getting worse and worse all the time.  To put in a weapon description that a sniper rifle is deadly from the knees up, and then get only hit markers on dogs and players that you can only see their heads?  Something is wrong here.

Schoat333

I encountered far more campers in BLOPS 2.

Highwayman0226

BO2 was a spray and pray SMG hipfiring mess.  You couldn't stop moving for 5 seconds without someone getting you from behind.  There was no strategy, just run and react.  SMGs had high fire rate, long range, no recoil and you could run fast...there was no reason to use anything else.

amathyx

what?

maybe at the very beginning of the game but that's still taking into account pre-nerf FAL, and the m8a1, an-94, r870, etc., after the first few patches it wasn't all that viable to try to outgun anything at medium-long range with the smg's

there were plenty of reasons to use other things

you could stop moving as much as you wanted, you just had to have this thing called ~*~*awareness*~*~

Raketti

blackOPSpoo wrote:

I really REALLY REALLY hope this is a fluke or a coincidence.  This game had been playing extremely well for me, but these last couple hours of play... I'm finding myself right back in the MW3/BO2 frustration zone...

Might just be a string of bad lobbies, but it is always possible they adjusted the netcode and it turned out for the worst for you, even if there isn't anything mentioned in the patchnotes. Who knows.

My connection is liike it has been since launch, which is inconsistent. Some great games, some really bad ones like you describe, usually an okay one but playing against one or two connection warriors. For whatever reason i find this game a lot less frustrating compared to MW3 / BO2 even if it has consistent inconsistencies in the connection it gives me, but i understand how annoying it is to try to play if the lag is constantly punishing you badly.

If it ever gets as bad as MW3 was (or BO2 pretty often), i'm pretty sure i'll stop playing completely. I like this game a lot so i hope it won't come to that.

So i have just had a session and its now unplayable for me , im a 2.5 kd player going negative nearly every other game now after the 1.05 patch, shoot first and i die all morning , and lag has popped its head into my games now wheras before 1.05 no lag.

This all has just confirmed for me that i will be on BF4 on my ps4 come friday, going to give this washed up series a miss for a year

Highwayman0226

Same here, bud.  Last couple days it has been a laggy mess for me, after running really well the first couple weeks.

Schoat333

That's odd. I haven't noticed any difference at all. Maybe you just had some bad lobbies yesterday?

hyper72

Insta death bullshit present infinity ward try again 1on1 impossible.....FAIL....

robbierocket

With a love like that no wonder you're heartbroken.

Not only was it too good to be true, it was an unrealistic fairytale.

Welcome to reality, it's a cruel world.