9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2013 6:48 PM by leestatic RSS

Someone needs to explain to me....

Someone needs to explain to me...

Why it is that when I take the time to aim a sniper rifle and shoot, center mass I get a hit marker BUT the guy im shooting at has time to turn... then find me... then DRAGSCOPE ME. Bullet nowhere near me and yet it seems the shockwave from the projectile has killed me.

I'm seriously getting sick of getting killed by bullets that appear to be shot nowhere near me.

Discuss. ting.

• Re: Someone needs to explain to me....
          deamonomic

kill cams are inaccurate as to what really happened

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It could be lag. I've had hitmarkers with the L115 and I'm damn sure I hit center mass. Also, stop looking at killcams. They are inaccurate.

Try rebooting your modem and router before playing.

Bielsalmighty

Like others say, combination of lag and the general wonkiness of killcams is a likely culprit. On your screen you hit centre mass, but its very likely that the guy you hit had shifted (yet due to latency this wouldn't have registered on your screen) just slightly enough that you clipped him, hence the hitmarker - no death - response.

I'll be honest, I shifted to HC because occurrences like this had started to wind me up chronically. I'd had it explained to me, and I understood that this was the nature of the game, but it didn't make it any less grating. Its actually amazing how less frustrating it is when theres no killcam. Every time I go back to core now, every death is followed by me smashing X as fast as possible to avoid the killcam and ensuing annoyance. Also, insta-kills mask a lot of the lag-related incidents that are readily identifiable in core. Its easier to accept that the other guy reacted faster than it is to see your shooting get overpowered, if that makes sense?

Even so, I still vent at each and every death. My mic needs a cuss filter...

leestatic

Kill cams are a representation blue print from the host, the fact you keep getting tricobalt tipped bullets thrown at you is, it keeps the kids (the market) happy.

You don't see every bullet fired. Only a certain percent of shots fired are "tracers" that can be seen. AND you don't see the bullet that killed you. PLUS bullet damage / fire rate is so high in this game that the bullets you claim are missing and the bullets that kill you are only 0.05 seconds apart.