28 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 6:55 AM by 13HungryGhosts RSS

was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

Again this doesnt breach forums COC.

We were promised dedi servers, still no mention of them (like many other hacking issues).

when can we expect to hear an announcement?

People voice your opinions about this apparent Lie we were told, it made me buy the game as its the only way to avoid hackers which has been IW version of cod bane.

will they ever come, or are devs too focued on DLC, the addition of the store menu button makes me think the latter is all thats on their mind

• Test #1
          Re: was the dedi servers promise a blatant lie?

There may be dedicated servers in some other parts of the world. You just don't play there.

Oh, and they look exactly like a "server-hosted" lobby, basically, nobody is host, server does the job. It helps keeping lags smaller, but there are no admins. So its partially true they could have dedicated servers even now, except you won't know about it.

They didn't promise a server browser, did they?

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2013 3:46 PM
            • Test #1

From what i know... It's a mix between deidcated and peer to peer. WHat it does is it chooses the one that best suits your connection and goes from there. I could be wrong, but that's just what i've been reading.

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2013 5:18 PM
              • Test #1

YuriUA wrote:

There may be dedicated servers in some other parts of the world. You just don't play there.

Oh, and they look exactly like a "server-hosted" lobby, basically, nobody is host, server does the job. It helps keeping lags smaller, but there are no admins. So its partially true they could have dedicated servers even now, except you won't know about it.

They didn't promise a server browser, did they?

There isn't any dedicated servers around the in or around the UK area.

I am sick and tired of the blatant lies that companies like this get away with.

They promised a smooth experience but it's anything but smooth unless you set it to the very lowest possible resolution and the lowest possible detail setting.

They promised the best looking Call Of Duty game to date, but it looks marginally better than Call Of Duty World At War.

They promised dedicated servers would be used but I am always getting disconnected from host messages, or having to wait for the host to finish loading the game before I can select my loadout.

They promised lot's of stuff that has not been delivered.

This is the last game that I buy from Infinity Ward.

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 1:12 AM
                  • Test #1

I thought so too back after MW2.

Didn't buy MW3.

Heard Ghosts will have proper dedicated servers, so I bought it. Found out the hard way dedicated servers doesn't mean "dedicated servers with a server browser". To me if there is no dedicated server browser, there are no dedicated servers. I also believe dedi should be customize-able to some extent, like, editing map rotation list, editing goal, editing time limit, max players count. Those 4 parameters are a minimum for me. But Ghosts will certainly not get these 4, the best we can hope for are dedicated hosting lobbies with better connection.

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 4:16 AM
                    • Test #1

They didn't lie AT ALL . Its not there fault you didn't look at what was said.

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 5:29 AM
                  • Test #1

hehe i love conflict

some promising things in those tweets, though the wishlist word bothers me

Last Edited: Nov 28, 2013 11:07 PM
                    • Test #1

Definitly no dedis in AUS! there is no Microsoft Cloud Infrastructre! They admited it! Wont be Azure until late 2014!!

SO! Dedis on Blops3 Perhaps? So far ghosts is laggy and very crashy here

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 3:55 AM
                      • Test #1

They might not be a lie - just a blatant spin of the truth that suckered me into buying this piece of crap.  You MAY get put onto a dedicated server match, but you would never know it.  It would just be another fail of a match-made choice of players, albeit maybe it would run a bit smoother. I thought dedicated servers meant my clan could pay to run our own server and keep it hacker free.  Nope - of course IW wouldn't allow us to play to run a server that we could keep hacker free ourselves.   I have no idea why they don't do that.  It seems like a fairly simple thing that would draw many more people into the game.

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 5:06 AM
                        • Test #1

none of you have actually answered the question, was it a lie, yes or no?

im of the opinion judging by rubin's tweets, its a resounding yes. denying what he said, even though its on twitter for all to see, hilarious

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 5:26 AM
                            • Test #1

Its no. Anyone who actually reads what he said is getting exactly what they thought they'd be getting.

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 5:32 AM
                                • Test #1

Not exactly. There was no mention on how dedicated servers would work - would they use server browser or would they use lobby system. Now, how do you use a lobby system with a rent-able dedicated server? Thats right, you don't. You don't get to decide where to connect to, so they're incompatible (whats the point of having a rented dedicated server if you're still going to play a p2p lobby elsewhere?). Basically, we were shown a wishlist and took it for granted, and misunderstood it.

Its all marketing. They didn't actually plan to release dedicated servers and server browser right at the release. My bet is with first DLC - when the interest to the game drops.

Last Edited: Nov 29, 2013 8:10 AM
                              • Test #1

still no mention of it, must have been a lie

Last Edited: Dec 6, 2013 8:20 AM
                                  • Test #1

I wouldn't be surprised if clan wars were running on dedicated servers (let me rephrase: if they aren't, this is the worst kind of approach we'll ever see from anyone thinking they're making a respectable tournament).
                                    Other than that I heard there are dedis in US running already, but I have no confirmation on this, so I guess it was just wishful thinking.
                                    I also read in twitter that they had plans to launch rentable dedis a while after launch, probably, with DLCs.

Last Edited: Dec 6, 2013 8:27 AM
                                  • Test #1

best connection suited for u my ass

ive got the best connection i can have here in belgium

i get close to 10 ping on battlefield 3 on ultra

why does this game run like ****?

i notice the lag even though the game runs fluently all the way

because whenever someone shoots me afteri load a magi n their faces i watch the killcam& see something different

Last Edited: Dec 16, 2013 3:42 PM
                                    • Test #1

IW just twisted the truth. They said they are HOPING for dedi servers. They did not say there WOULD(guaranteed) be dedi servers w/ server browser. Basically, they didn't lie, just made it very difficult to understand.

Last Edited: Dec 16, 2013 5:42 PM
                                      • Test #1

Dedicated servers would be nice Battlefield 4 released thiers already

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 4:00 AM
                                        • Test #1

Yes they strait up lied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The developers could of had them from the start.

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 3:12 PM
                                          • Test #1

I just wish they would answer these posts.

Last Edited: Dec 17, 2013 6:01 PM
                                            • Test #1

I'm beyond disappointed and disgusted with this game. A group of six of my friends (including myself) cannot even play together due to this NAT type server issue non-sense. Then on the off chance after jumping from trying one person as the leader to the next for half an hour to an hour FINALLY one of us is capable of hosting (in no way shape or form is this not peer to peer hosting) and then we're against hacks like tonight that cream us to the ground in a match of 79 kills, 3 deaths for almost every member of the opposing team. Will there ever be anything done against hackers like this to keep the honest people? The fans that have actually followed COD from the get go. Or are we just being taken advantage of for our wallet hoping that their big name will keep us coming back for more?

1. Fix the servers.
                                              2. Stop the hacking.
                                              3. You'll keep the people.
                                              Last Edited: Dec 19, 2013 6:52 PM
                                                • Test #1

They knew this was going to be  massive disaster, that is why they:

1. removed ping information
                                                  2. removed choice of restricting max ping
                                                  3. removed ping bars
                                                  4. removed access to API from other apps that might help with ping
                                                  5. did not include server browser
                                                  6. removed any way to find out where players ACTUALLY are

They have also deactivated and banned my previous accounts where I said this would happen. NICE ONE, Classy.

So now I get game matches where the others have up to 2 whole seconds of LAG ADVANTAGE on me (Moscow players, E Coast USA players and Me, in UK, in the same server? WHAT ARE THE DEVELOPERS SMOKING???) and it is basically UNPLAYABLE.

I feel really REALLY let down by this game, doubly so as I preordered it, and a season pass. And bought an AMD R9 290X to play it on (the GFX were UNPLAYABLE on an AMD 6970 card) Will probably uninstall now, it is just not playable in any commercially reasonable sense of the word

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 6:55 AM
                                                • Test #1

Of course it was a blatant lie. 

Why anyone would believe they were telling the truth is a complete mystery, especially considering all the blatant lies we've been fed since MW2.  (Remember how IWNet was promised to be "100% cheat/hack free")

Activision has a well known reputation for lying and scamming their customers in order to make a quick buck. Add on top of that the fact that Infinity Ward blatantly lied about their previous titles MW2 and MW3... Yeah

There were SO many warning signs that the PC version of Ghosts would be a complete disaster in every way. I am still shocked at how many people were naive enough to buy it.

Last Edited: Dec 20, 2013 5:10 AM