1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 56 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2013 1:44 PM by starbuckfrack Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...

Games are getting bad.

• 31. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...
          iHattoriHanzo0

Oh no! Its down to 192,149 players on line. The franchise is doomed!

All joking aside.... besides a good number of players not liking Ghosts or not agree with choices made by IW, there are definite outside factors causing the numbers as already stated in the thread. Numbers don't lie but at the sametime, people aren't playing for many different reasons.

I really enjoy Ghosts and was there for the midnight launch and first Tuesday. But then jumped back on GTA5 for a full week. This has nothing to do with not liking the game or disagreeing with a slower paced game on big maps. Or thermals, or spawns, or rubberband lag.

I actually love the direction this game took compared to BO2. But guess what... the direction will most likely U-turn for the next game. And I'm sure the game will be advertised as the best CoD to date.

• 32. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...

that's a decent amount of people for just one system. you have to realize how many people get on and off the game. just because a lot are not at once doesn't mean they don't like it. you complaining is you just not liking the game because your no good. how bout you study up learn some stuff about the game instead of complaining about it. to many people whine and complain instead of adapting...the only that can make you better is YOU!

• 33. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...
              myevo8you

GcP wrote:

that's a decent amount of people for just one system. you have to realize how many people get on and off the game. just because a lot are not at once doesn't mean they don't like it. you complaining is you just not liking the game because your no good. how bout you study up learn some stuff about the game instead of complaining about it. to many people whine and complain instead of adapting...the only that can make you better is YOU!

Typical FANBOY response. I AM quite good at the game, and all COD games in general. Over the past games that have been on XBOX 360 I have carried a 2.5 K/D or higher, a W/L of 4 or higher and usually have one of the top 3 SPM's in ALL modes that I play in the games where that is shown.

As far as adapting, there are some things that NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU KNOW there is simply no adapting to. How can you adapt to being spawned on TOP of an IED and before you control your player you blow up? How can you adapt to being spawned in front of 3 enemies? You simply CANNOT.

The game has fallen in quality and the majority of the MAJOR COD fanbase has noticed. I LOVED the direction that Treyarch has tried to take the series, to only be let down by the "creative minds" at IW and the others who helped on Ghosts and Modding Warfail 3. Look at how refined and better overall in quality, support, and enforcement the Treyarch games are handled. If issues arose, they were fixed almost INSTANTLY. How long have players been getting out of the map of Freight? SINCE DAY ONE. Has it been fixed yet? NOPE! 3 weeks in and we still have glitches that have been around since DAY ONE. All perks, and start with a death machine, YEP! You can do this, also been around since day one. Hacked Domination lobbies that never end and level you up with 65,000 points per kill, YEP still around.

Go back and look at the major glitches in BO, and BO2. Hmmmm.... Let's see. Copying a players prestige to your own FIXED WITHIN A WEEK, Prestige token glitch FIXED REALLY FAST and players BANNED, Trophy system glitch FIXED WITHIN TWO WEEKS, Remember the gold gun glitch that unlocked all pro perks in Black Ops? It was fixed quickly also and those that abused it were banned and reset.

Go look at ANY leaderboard in you Barracks. Filter it to "ALL" and go to the top. EVERY SINGLE ONE has master prestige players with kills in the bagillions and negative stats that overflow all over the place. Guess what is going to be done to them. NOTHING. IW has shown their lack of interest with actually enforcing their game because they know as long as their title has "CALL OF DUTY" attached to it, it is going to be deemed a "success".

In all honesty, if this game was NOT affiliated with COD, how well do you think it would be perceived? It would be another Homefront or Spec Ops:The line. It was poorly thought out, poorly executed, and most of the players have had enough.

• 34. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...

Guys....the numbers are low because the game is bad lol.......Halo 4 last year saw the exact same drops in population. Don't blame it on the systems, other games, etc. The game could have been way better.......we all know COD is coming to an end just like Halo did with Reach. This is comparable to REACH.....next year we will get the Halo 4 of COD and it will pretty much be non existent.....especially with Destiny and Titanfall coming out. CODs lifespan has just run it's well dry....that is what happens when you release a new game every year. They can't do this forever lol

• 35. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...
                  hudder92

The main reason I quit playing this game is you can't see enemies unless they are moving.  The last time I played this game I had an instance where there was an enemy standing right in front of me and I couldn't see him. His colors blended perfectly with the background.

I find it pointless to play a game where you can't even see the enemy. So I am playing other games.

• 36. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...
                    WKMMS

I have that same problem, the washed out colour palette makes everything blend together on some of the maps.  One of the big pluses of the 3arc games is how bright and colourful everything is so you can see your enemies before it's too late. 

• 37. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...
                      iHattoriHanzo0

Chopstixx wrote:

CODs lifespan has just run it's well dry....

I respect your opinion but how come I haven't enjoyed a CoD title like Ghosts since MW2? Its far from dry in my opinion. I'm rejuvenated....surprisingly. I was embracing to clash harder with this title more than BO2.

Chopstixx wrote:

that is what happens when you release a new game every year. They can't do this forever lol

I do agree with this. It can't last forever. But if Activision is making money, it can. So all those returned copies of Ghost are still paid for.

And honestly, 300,000 players just on the Xbox consoles isn't bad. Once again, CoDs biggest enemy is the previous CoDs. Along with the rose tinted memories.

• 38. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...
                        myevo8you

hudder92 wrote:

The main reason I quit playing this game is you can't see enemies unless they are moving.  The last time I played this game I had an instance where there was an enemy standing right in front of me and I couldn't see him. His colors blended perfectly with the background.

I find it pointless to play a game where you can't even see the enemy. So I am playing other games.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have noticed this. ALL IW games have this problem. I actually know of clans that will go into private matches and search for spots that they can sit/lay and have other members walk around just to see if they can be seen. Every map in this game has areas like this. I really CANNOT stand the fact that if you find an area and use perks that block you from any attachment/streak that you can LITERALLY remain invisible.

• 39. Re: Less than a month old and only 230,000 online...

haha fanboy yeah you right...and I guess I could say your always the guy to complain about a new game how surprising and the reason im fine is because ive played every call of duty that has been out since CoD 3 so I think I understand what im talking about. just because you are bad doesn't mean it sucks. im not saying it doesn't have problems but you people nowadays just complain about anything. how about you go make a game and see hoe many flaws it has. you cant really rag on the people who made it for the very fact that you yourself didn't make it nor had any part to do with the making so if you are really concerned go make your own game and let people play it to see how many people complain that it all have fun hating gaming for the rest of your short career.