1 2 3 4 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 7:51 AM by TBCxChrOnicx Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: I ask a question.....
        gotsomestars

You still don't get it? There bandwidth has nothing to do with anything! You and everyone else would benefit if people like  you would stop talking out there a$$ .... get educated about how the intrwebz works.. mmk? Thanks.

• 11. Re: I ask a question.....

My question is, what is your bandwidth? I have and pay for a 100mb/s connection. I can't even hard wire my console. On the contrary, I have to funnel my connection to my consoles. So effectively, instead of the 20mb/s and under 30ms ping or so I had going to them, I now have 3mb/s and roughly 60ms ping. All that just to get a DECENT GAME. So since you're educated on the subject, please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have a TP-Link router, my console is in the DMZ, my firewall is turned off, all ports are opened. BTW I'm an IP Admin, so I'm 99.9% sure that it's not my settings, nor my connection.

• 12. Re: I ask a question.....
            gotsomestars

If the game uses .4 Mbps up and down on average, why would you think going from 20 Mbps to 120 Mbps would make a difference? Secondly you have a 60ms ping TO WHERE?

• 13. Re: I ask a question.....

I guess you're illiterate as well, I went from a 20mb/s download to a 3mb/s download. That's just to play a decent game. I know people with ADSL, the problem is I have fiber optics. So once again, you know every thing, so please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

• 14. Re: I ask a question.....

Do you know what matchmaking is? I live and play in Germany. Which means I connect to mainly Germans, but sometimes I connect to the Brits, French, and Sweeds. My Ping is for nearly every major server in Europe. Fiber Optics...

• 15. Re: I ask a question.....
                  gotsomestars

Let's try and show you another angle. What about the people you are playing with, what are they running? You don't know, right? Also, what's your ping when you are playing in a lobby with people 1000 miles away from each other ? When one of them is little jimmy who is playing while downloading the latest bieber tune?

Lots of variables there so far right?

• 16. Re: I ask a question.....
                    gotsomestars

And you always seem to lag more against the french right?

• 17. Re: I ask a question.....

Like I stated before, I'm not playing with people 1000 miles away, Europe isn't even that big, to which I'm smack dab in the middle. You have no clue, what's going on, because you have a **** connection, simply put. Once again, what am I doing wrong? You claimed no one knows what their talking about, yet by me reducing my connection speed, I get better games. That's an indicator that LAG COMPENSATION is at work here. I mean lets get serious, I have 2 smartphones, 1 desktop, 1 laptop, 1 server, 2 TV's, 1 PS3, 1Xbox360, 1Wii and my cable boxes all connected to my network, with a domain. With all of that on the network load, I still get 40mb/s to my wired desktop. As stated before, I'm an IP Admin, I think I know what I'm talking about!!!

• 18. Re: I ask a question.....

Actually no, I get the same lag comp. game plays, with people living less than 1 mile away, as I get with someone from GB or Fr.

• 19. Re: I ask a question.....

Because my connection is better than most peoples connection, I end up being 1/2 second behind. I have proof of this, and have been documenting this with the Elgato Game Capture. To which I can compare wired to wireless, and unfunneled to funneled game plays! Once again, as soon as I funnel it I can play, before I funnel it, I can't. Simply put.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next