1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2013 7:51 AM by TBCxChrOnicx Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: I ask a question.....

        You might as well ask them if they have a washer and dryer. Because in reality there is no way you can relate one thing to the other. This has been explained over and over, and a little bit more. Yet, people still can't digest the fact that both are unrelated.

        • 21. Re: I ask a question.....

          What you can do, is go into your console, use IE to do a bandwidth test. Anything over 3mb/s down is going to to affect you. This is simply because the network is P2P, and as some have noticed, it gives people who will connect using an unstable smartphone. The Lag Comp. is pretty basic, as it takes the worst, and the best connections. When you have a better connection than the worst, you will be affected, as it gives you a delay to in MS, to allow their worse connection a chance. Ping is key, which is why those who use UMTS/3G, and LTE get worse ping, as the signal is broadcasted only so often (unstable) With that said, go into your router, and funnel your connection, by funneling the NAT Ports ingress and egress. Try not to cheat by making it so bad, as some have been doing.

          • 22. Re: I ask a question.....

            It's simple, the network is P2P, with no dedicated servers. The MS delay is due to one having a horrible connection type with high ping, and the other having a great connection type and low ping. This is what causes host advantage on dedicated servers, because the host is the best connection type on dedicated servers. What you have on the load has no bearing on the game play itself, as you stated before it only uses so much bandwidth. The problem lies with the fact that a good connection or decent connection is given a delay, as the system tries to equal out the connection indifference's. 

            • 23. Re: I ask a question.....

              Why do you suppose everyone is complaining, and awaiting dedicated servers? This is also the reason why the BF series don't have as bad of a problem as CoD does. Because they're using dedicated servers. To which the server see's the lag comp, rather than the peers playing against/with you. My God, use your brain. So i will ask you once again, what's your bandwidth, and how do I fix my game? I mean I can shoot someone with a half a magazine, and on the kill cam after I die, I'm not shooting a single bullet.

              • 24. Re: I ask a question.....

                TBCxChrOnicx wrote:

                 

                It's simple, the network is P2P, with no dedicated servers.

                We know this already. No idea why you are pointing out that is simple because of this. Care to explain what the intention of this comment is?

                 

                TBCxChrOnicx wrote:


                The MS delay is due to one having a horrible connection type with high ping, and the other having a great connection type and low ping.

                MS delay? No idea what this is. But yes, if you have a low quality connection you will have a poor experience vs someone that has a high quality connection to the host. Then yes, the person with better quality connection will have a better experience. That one is common sense.

                 

                TBCxChrOnicx wrote:

                 

                This is what causes host advantage on dedicated servers, because the host is the best connection type on dedicated servers.

                Wait, what host advantage on dedicated servers?

                 

                TBCxChrOnicx wrote:


                The problem lies with the fact that a good connection or decent connection is given a delay, as the system tries to equal out the connection indifference's. 

                Care to explain how you came to this conclusion?

                • 25. Re: I ask a question.....
                  nuttin2say

                  TBC ... as Limon stated ... you don't know what you're talking about. Hey, but, I've been an IP admin, too! Not really, but that's what the job title included.

                   

                  The lag comp deals with what you see on the screen, not how events are scored. COD doesn't use P2P, so you're wrong there.

                   

                  What you're not factoring into the equation is that when you "slow down" your connection, you're changing who you play against. You may be playing with people with "slower" connections but less jitter/better packet delivery. Has that every crossed your mind?

                  • 26. Re: I ask a question.....

                    TBCxChrOnicx wrote:

                     

                    Why do you suppose everyone is complaining, and awaiting dedicated servers?

                    Because it happens every year, every November.

                     

                    TBCxChrOnicx wrote:

                     

                    This is also the reason why the BF series don't have as bad of a problem as CoD does. Because they're using dedicated servers.

                    Really. I guess you don't happen to go on their forums that often huh? People often think that dedicated servers is a magic fix when its not. You see there are a lot of things that can have an effect on your connection at any given time, you cannot  control those, damn not even your ISP can control those once you are outside their network.

                     

                    TBCxChrOnicx wrote:

                     

                    My God, use your brain. So i will ask you once again, what's your bandwidth, and how do I fix my game? I mean I can shoot someone with a half a magazine, and on the kill cam after I die, I'm not shooting a single bullet.

                    Use my brain? Really? LOL.  I have a 100 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps Up. I have a positive KDR, and play just fine. I have good games and bad games but, normally I go 25+ kills in HC TDM. So using your reasoning if I downgrade my bandwidth to 10 Down/1 Up I should triple my KDR and kills right?

                    • 27. Re: I ask a question.....

                      Lol it happens because the lag comp is so bad, and has been so bad.

                       

                      As far as BF, they are complaining about host advantage, not lag comp.

                       

                      Really depends on what kind of connection you're using, I would assume it's not fiber optics, and it's ADSL

                      • 28. Re: I ask a question.....

                        So what is lag comp, because what I read, it states, that it's the compensation of 2 peoples connections, in a peer to peer network. One having a slow connection, one having a high connection. Yes CoD uses P2P Peer to Peer, no even medium between the consoles (dedicated servers). I connect to the CoD server, for game matching, but in-game I'm connecting to others consoles, not the server.

                         

                        So what you're implying, is that my ping (26ms) is too high? and my 95% packet success rate is too low? Jitter follows those two things.

                        • 29. Re: I ask a question.....

                          Have you tested your connection to console? How much ping do you have, and what is your up and down (to console) not your network.

                          1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next