7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 7:52 PM by pumbaathe RSS

Season Pass or TitanFall ?

My money is going to Titanfall atm due to how poor this game is and the lack of any anti hacking.Shame as i have bought all cods since cod 1 and most of the dlc,

how you guys ?

B4 anyone says i, am a hater of ghosts.+cod i have spent at-least 800 hrs on each and appx 3days playing time on ghosts.

also im prob one of the few legit players inside the top 10 in blitz.

so iW plse sort out the hackers or my money is going to respawn.

• Re: Season Pass or TitanFall ?
          {bhc}max|co

I would say NEITHER,

C'mon, what did you really expect?, this being the same, ahem cough, InfinityWard that brought us mw2 - no anti-cheat there, mw3 - no anti-cheat there.

As for Titanfall , sure it looks good so far, but its made by the same iw devs that imposed ( p2p matchmaking, with no anti-cheat, on MW2),

And lets not forget they locked the FOV and capped the fps. Definitely not gonna pre-order Titanfall. I'm only buying it if there are rentable, ranked, dedicated servers+server browser and if it has the features we as PC gamers expect. But honestly, I'm not expecting too much. Afterall, it's the team that gave us MW2, the beginning of the end for COD on PC.

Momba1

Derp I purchased the Hardened Edition and going by the player fall-off there won't be enough players by DLC 1 let alone DLC 4 to play. I don't have that doom and gloom at least not yet over Titanfall and currently I'm mainly playing BF4. Keep in mind Titanlfall will be managed by Origin .... BF4 does have both excellent Anti-Cheat and Searchable Dedicated Servers.

So IMHO Season Pass will give you no one to play vs Titanfall a lot of people to play.

I have ZERO idea if Titanfall will be an uber success or horrific failure, but I already know 100% Ghosts MP is a horrific failure.

According to Steam stats the peak today for Ghosts is just over 16000. The peak for BO2 is just over 11000. These numbers are truly terrible for a game not even a month old. I'm betting Ghosts will be as good as dead before the first DLC ever hits the floor. IW finally achieved what they set out to do, destroy COD on the PC.

wierd worlds are these

Azydom70 wrote:

My money is going to Titanfall atm due to how poor this game is and the lack of any anti hacking.Shame as i have bought all cods since cod 1 and most of the dlc,

how you guys ?

B4 anyone says i, am a hater of ghosts.+cod i have spent at-least 800 hrs on each and appx 3days playing time on ghosts.

also im prob one of the few legit players inside the top 10 in blitz.

so iW plse sort out the hackers or my money is going to respawn.

Neither.

At the moment going of what Respawn have said, then Titanfall will not have Ranked Rentable Dedicated Servers or a Server Browser on the PC!

Looking also at there previous history it will also most likely be capped to either 60fps or 90fps on the pc, with no ability to unlock it.

It will also more than likely have a locked FOV of 65 or 70.

Although Respawn are made up of the real IW team, don't forget they are the ones who started the initial killing of COD on the pc.

As for Ghost's, don't bother with the DLC for it as there will more than likely be not enough players on the game to be able to actually play it.

I am in the UK and I can only play the game between the hours of 4pm to 8pm any day of the week because before that there are not enough, players for me to have a game with unless I want to play against Cheating Russians or laggy ass American players.

The only way that Infinity Ward can save Ghost's is with Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser, Performance improvements, FPS Limit being removed, FOV Slider being added, Increased player numbers in each gametype, System Resource usage being fixed, Free DLC for those who didn't buy the Hardened Edition or the Season Pass and the money refunding to those who did buy them, there is also many more things that need to be done but none of it will happen since we the pc gamers are the black sheep of the Call Of Duty family.

I suggest everyone in the UK, goes out and buys Call Of Duty 4 and logs on to the BHC Rangers Modded Server and enjoy the smooth and brilliant gameplay experience you can get on it.

Just look at these videos and you will see how much better Call Of Duty 4 is compared to Ghost's!

YuriUA

"The only way that Infinity Ward can save Ghost's is with Rentable Ranked Dedicated Servers with a Server Browser, Performance improvements, FPS Limit being removed, FOV Slider being added, Increased player numbers in each gametype, System Resource usage being fixed, Free DLC......."

You lost me on Free DLC. They may lower system requirements by optimizing the game at some point in the future, they may (chance is low) add Server Browser and Ranked Dedicated servers, they may add FOV slider. I doubt about FPS limit or increased player numbers in game types. Free DLCs and refunds are definitely not coming, ever.

The idea is great, but its more like wishful thinking, sadly.

my money is also on titanfall.  same as you I bought all CoD series but now completely put off by the ghosts on

hacker infested and nothing has been done

poor pc port with poor support, program crashes like no tomorrow on SLI

poor gameplay (now most ppl just camp - you rush and you die)

old graphic engine but require high spec pc which excluded large population of players

DLC?  nope. even now after one month launch I have hard time finding a server with decent ping time (in Australia) and when I do find one there are hackers running around.

the titan (CoD) has fall.

can wait til Titanfall.