Here's my feedback on the Clan Wars so far with some of my ideas/concepts of what I think would help with this.
- Scoring is a bit confusing to those who have not read the rules (not very self explanatory). I understand the concept as I have read the rules, but many clan members have not done that.
- Holding an area needs to allow you earn CP (maybe if you hold a position for 24 hours then you get 5CP for that node).
- The amount of CP you will earn for capturing a mode should be displayed.
- The scoring should be explained right in the app
- New clan members should not count in the clan war if they weren't in the clan when the clan war started.
- If a clan member leaves, they should not count in ANY clan until the clan war is over. This includes their old clan, unlike Elite which still counted them in the clan they were in when they op/challenge started.
Clan Rewards (XP Bonus)
- This bonus is typically wasted if you are truly working on your clan war. In most clan wars there will be nodes to capture in order to improve your ranking in the clan war and thus you never get to play the game modes you have...thus negating the bonus you get. This should be re-thought. Maybe you get 10% extra XP for all game modes in the clan war per node you hold up to a maximum of 50% extra XP.
- Explain somewhere in the App what the rewards are for the clan. Are there rewards for coming in 2nd place. What are the rewards? Why make them so cryptic and hidden. This can give incentive to your members to work harder if they know what they are working towards.
- This app is not compatible with near enough devices to be the only way to manage this. Many of my clan members have no way to view the Clan Wars information such as our primary target as they don't have the app.
- A Website for our clan (Elite concept) would make so much more sense as everyone in the clan has access to a browser to see their status.
- Clicking on any of the clan names should pull up their clan
- Stats, Stats, and more Stats. - The app needs to show how many wins each clan member has earned for the clan war. As a leader I want to know how much (or little) my clan members are contributing.
- I love the concept of Clan Wars. I'm wondering if 2 weeks will be too long, but overall I like what I am seeing. The concept is there but the implementation has it's issues. There are definitely some things that need to be addressed and I hope this evolves to be a truly great system.
What are your initial thoughts on Clan Wars?