28 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 7:48 AM by NoMoreMyFriend-S RSS

Good job w/ Clan Wars

TheBeastlyDude

This board is full of enough people with complaints that I felt a positive thread would be some nice fresh air.

I really got to commend the developers on a successful opening Clan Wars week. I think it was a lot of fun because my hardcore playlist clan was forced to play core games and adapt. We realized core wasn't all that bad and we got some good points and experience for it.

The first day, we took all the HC nodes quickly but then another clan started attacking the nodes, so we tightened up our big boy pants and went to core to attack their nodes. Once we figured out how Clan Wars was working, we worked together as a clan to capture individual nodes and used the app's chat feature to coordinate.

On Saturday night, we were actually racing another clan to capture the cranked node, which we barely won by 3 wins.

As of this morning, it looks like we will win, but just barely. Clan Wars is not perfect. The app did fail for us at times, making coordinating difficult (thank goodness we have a Facebook page also where we coordinated) and it was kinda upsetting that we didn't earn points for holding a node for 24 hours.

And before it is said that only people with no lives are able to win it, my clan has 36 members and during the whole holiday weekend, we never had on more than 8 people. My clanmates, when they got on, all worked together to play the same modes, preferably in parties of 6 to capture faster. We didn't care about our K/D, just our W/L. Those who were not on, followed along on Facebook and offered words of encouragement. We all have our lives, some played more than others. But when you work together for a common goal, you'd be surprised what you can accomplish.

• Re: Good job w/ Clan Wars
          Izjar11

I enjoy the clan wars proposal. Really does force players to play and win and coordinate. My clan did not do so well, as many are not playing Ghost or BO2 and I had dead weight sitting there + many players were away on vacation. But overall I liked the competitive side of this metagame.

toby_jugs

i've enjoyed clan wars so far also.

we have the best part of 90 people from all over the world but struggle to get three 6 men teams on at the same time lol.we are a cert for 2nd now, the team above us must be totally dedicated.

MrZombieClowns

You say "We will win."

Are there different divisions or are we clan mates?

Tread

Nice post Beastly and I agree that the release of Clan Wars is a success.  I am one of the only ones in my small 8 person clan that likes playing other games modes, but b/c of clan wars it made the other guys try it and I believe they have started coming around.

I do have one question, it looks like there is no way we will capture the 1st place clan in our division and the 3rd place clan is way behind us.  Is there somewhere that we can look to see what each clan wins based on their final place at the end of the two weeks (or one week in this case)?

BlackhawkbillOO7

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

This board is full of enough people with complaints that I felt a positive thread would be some nice fresh air.

I really got to commend the developers on a successful opening Clan Wars week. I think it was a lot of fun because my hardcore playlist clan was forced to play core games and adapt. We realized core wasn't all that bad and we got some good points and experience for it.

I totally agree…They did a great job in designing a way for clans to complete that required a bit of strategy. The only funny thing I kept running into this weekend were people claiming to be the #1 Clan in the World in the Platinum Division…LOL!!! I don't think they realized their were more brackets...

TheBeastlyDude

LOL, I like that. We never ran into too much of that. Our biggest problems were people backing out because we all had the same clan tag. We quickly figured out to change it and we got into games faster.

Side note: The 2nd place clan on my wars was 22 pts behind when I started this discusion and now they are 18 pts behind after capturing 2 nodes. I am hoping they keep going for nodes they've already capped multiple times. These next 55 minutes are going to be stressful since there is nothing I can do while at work but watch.

HIghDog

Im with you on that one. My clan was in the Platinum division and we finished second overall with only a 4 member clan and only 2 of us played a bit. It was divided all over the world and our clan was in LA where im sure others were elsewhere.

I like the idea of Clan Wars etc. But i still would have preferred it to be on a website with the same functions. I just find it really hard to use the features properly on my phone.

One problem i have is when creating emblems, i try to make it en-large but it doesn't recognize what i am trying to do and all what is happening is i look like an idiot tapping on a phone... It should have been done how Elite was and just have that App there for those who would rather use their phones.

AUstin55

CAn i join psn name is moddingisfun44

This is the truth, the game rocks, and the Clan wars addition was fantastic, the only thing I would like is a certain level of fairness... Our clan has about 40+ people, we're not hardcore gamers, but we do enjoy lobbying up and playing almost every day after work (Made a lot of cool friends like this ). My concern was that we held at least 4 nods for almost the entire war and still ended up in 3rd place with way less points than we should have earned... I suspect that the other teams had to do something odd because there was one team, who was actually behind us my a good 80 points, and they managed to over take us by 100points and finished in 2nd place... THEY ONLY HELD DOWN 2 spots and not even for 24 hours.

But besides that, I applaud the efforts they have made in order to provide us with an excellent game!

Highwayman0226

I enjoyed this set up very much.  Previous titles, the clan events took place at specific times, on specific game modes.  The servers were always loaded during this time, so you would think match making would be easier and lag would be less messy, but it's just like double xp weekends for me.  I'd play a few matches, get mad, and just avoid it like the plague.

This set up lets you play what you want, when you want, and still contribute to your clan.  We have a few guys that are "hardcore only" and refused to help capture the core nodes, but we managed a decisive win in our division (almost 100 pts).  It's way more laid back and lets people with jobs/kids whatever participate.

Ungrateful_Dead

I think the first clan war really brought our clan back together.  We were a tight group in MW3, but BO2 wasn't universally loved by the group and players were split into different games.  Our clan really got into this clan war, with guys stepping up and figuring out the best ways to get CP.

We started slow, only capturing TDM the first day.  We didn't clue into the capturing nodes for CP until a couple of days later when we were about 80 points behind the leading clan in our group. When we did figure out what to do, we hit the nodes fast and moved on.  Even though we did it the hard way by recapturing nodes, we eventually held six nodes at the end and finished first in our gold group.

Not sure if I have the energy or a strong enough marriage to make it through 2 week wars, though. 

Highwayman0226

I hear ya man, we got into it as well.  I haven't even loaded up Ghosts since Sunday night.  A short break is well deserved.

NoMoreMyFriend-S

Myabe it has been explained in other posts and I missed it, but how exactly does the clan war system work. Could someone capture the essence?

I understand that the more of a clan play and win a game of a certain game type the more points are awarded to the clan. not sure on what a node is (game type?) and what is needed

1. to first capture a node (is there an absolute number of wins, or is it a relative number over wins of clans competing in the same group/division; what are those numbers of wins needed), or
                                      2. to take a node off another clan (win more games in that specific game mode than the other clan? Not necessary to directly take on a certain clan in a direct match).

We played last week in a group in silver division, noted after a while that we held one node (Kill confirmed which i am playing mostly and daily when online alone), on Monday we captured another mode (after playing all weekend DOM with my son, occasionally supported by another clan member). We got yellow indicator for 25% and 20% extra bonus for each game (won or lost).

Tuesday evening I noted that this extra bonus had gone, CP (Capture points?) remained at 27. We got some patches that are said to be unlocked in clan wars, but no other explanation what we actually got them for.

• Where do I find out what the patches are for?

Also, no clan member owns a mobile device on which we can run the App from and my attempts to emulate Android on PC fail consistently (App wants to update and fails/crashes in the process). Hence it is rather a challenge to 'manage' the Clan.

• Any advice on overcoming the issue of the app crashing in an emulated Android environment on a PC?

Sorry if I sound like a total noob, but probably that is what I am

Thanks for your replies.

heighton86

Clan wars was a huge success. My clan of 14 really opened up to they game types they play. being mostly all hardcore players when it came time to start scoring some points the guys were not hesitant to hit a core game mode. Im not a huge fan of the length and the scoring system! I think you should get points for holding the nodes because that would cause the other clans to fight for more than just a select few nodes if they wanna win. I know if a clan had a node held and was getting points every say hour or couple hours I would wanna put a stop to that as fast as possible

NoMoreMyFriend-S

Like a DOM mode for clan wars?

I think the current system is well balanced to not take too much out of the lifes of also casual gamers and still enable them to participate in clan wars.

I am talking from my experience in silver division, so that may not at all be representative for gold/platin um divison where it possibly takes a lot more effort/time to be competitive. Overall I guess it should be observed for a few rounds of clan wars on what would add to the mode for more to enjoy better without serving a specific (small) group only.

So far, I really like it.