23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 9:13 AM by WiimotesRus02 RSS

Not This Again!

BobbyMcGee

Loaded up ghost multi. In EVERY killcam people are lagging and teleporting about. im getting two shots on enemies to the chest point blank with mk14 and killcams show me looking three feet to the wrong direction never firing a shot. any direction you move in after you stop you skip or jump in that direction a foot, like a weird delay. game ended, next game has the same issues. at the end when the scoreboard was up i get disconnected from host, the lobby leaderboard pops up, another pop-up stating disconnected from server, kicked from lobby and without so much as pushing a button stormfront starts loading and im thrown into a match thats already 15-10. i struggled through this weird control issue that got me killed twice while stopping at corners then jumping a foot past them without any control, went 18-5 only because i can see this is happening to EVERYONE, and frustrated and disappointed hit the home button to quit. the first match was stonehaven, i went 8-5, penguin avenger did about the same i think, and fissure went 6-5 but i dont think he joined that match until the end, my point being its running like sh!t for everyone i see in the lobby, teammate and enemy alike.

• Re: Not This Again!
          Pwnsweet

Sure it's not just a bad host?

BobbyMcGee

it happened 3-4 games in a row despite disconnected from host then disconnected from server. in multiple matches/lobbies. this isnt lag where your running through a door, then backwards ten feet, then the wall beside the door. this was something different. tapping the stick in any direction would cause a normal movement, a pause, then this weird vibrating movement in whichever direction you were pressing would move you another foot or so.

BobbyMcGee

i dont know off hand, i have like 2 days, or almost 500 matches of tdm in so far with a 140 k/d that is always rising. i never played squads or went local to learn the maps, i just jumped into multiplayer. i feel my k/d would be much higher if i had learned the maps, weapons and whatnot beforehand, but oh well. its never run this poorly for me. maybe lag at a critical moment screwing you out of a kill or causing a death, but nothing constant.

BobbyMcGee

i see darkfox on miiverse saying he cant even get online and is stuck on fetching stats. forgot to mention this also happened to me, i had to go to main menu and back to get online multi.

It might be you, because I personally havnt experienced this type of problem yet. But if I do, I'll report it to this thread. But so far, there still is lag.

PenguinAvenger

Yeah, that match felt...off, but I quit and got into another lobby and it seemed smooth.

BobbyMcGee

trey is it possible this is happening due to people not running updated versions? ive also been wondering about download management. once something on that list is downloaded its safe to delete it from the list correct? how are people able to delete and re-instal an update? darkfox was talking about this on miiverse and ive been wondering. thanks for all the replies everyone.

WiimotesRus02

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think you can play with people on another version, I know that when we have been playing a while and someone tries to join us after they have done an update that we were unaware of they can't join until we have backed out and done the update ourselves..

BobbyMcGee

yeah i think youre right. but i remember trey once saying if lots of people were still running different versions it could goof up online stability in general. i think it was a thread you made about keeping double xp past the time you should, and only having limited amounts of people to play with as a result. i know i can continue to get double xp as long as i stay connected so its def still possible to run on different versions.

BobbyMcGee

Update - Alright so i loaded up ghost this morning and got thrown into the end of a match in strikezone and basically got steamrolled lol. But my controls were back to normal. Did well on freight but that map isnt my favorite, and i was kinda checking all the controls, but i did go positive.

Warhawk was next, i held that back area sniping and had ied's at the entrances to that building going in there for occasional gunfights, droped a sentry in the back then went to the street to snipe while calling in a hind, i went 14-1.

The next and last match i played was whiteout, went into the cliff area by the chopper and eventually dropped another sentry, while running to the chopper to snipe over the ice and beached ship or whatever. Managed another hind and to go 31-7 with a team score of 66-47.

Dont get me wrong, i wasnt host as far as i can tell, i had no advantage, and i was really playing as best as i could, not just goofing around. Killcams all looked right, etc. The last match was one of the most intense, fun, challenging matches ive had yet, and it ran beautifully. Idk if it was due to people running different versions last night or if its going to be hit and miss like this from now on, i just really hope it continues to run the way it did my last four matches.

D_man101

welcome to my world

hope it's not like BO2 that with every patch the connections get worse

edit: oh hope it will be the same for me when i do a few later 

GamebroCrazy

Sometimes it is the person's own connection not receiving the host connection fast enough... how fast is your connection (kbs wise)?