11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2013 11:50 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

It seems people are really enjoying the gun v gun style of Ghosts

ghamorra

I was one of the few who preached that Call of Duty move away from the Scorestreak charity system and focus more on gun v gun combat. I could tell immediately how much different Ghosts was from the past CoDs in this regard. The games were more in the players control and outside of a few Pointstreaks players don't have to worry about being demolished by cheaply obtained airsupport.

The response to less powerful streaks has been fairly positive and I'm baffled by how well received it's been. Sure amature YouTubers have expressed their concerns with the lack of excitement in their videos now that they can't acheive 100+ gameplays from Lodestars, SWARMs, and Dogs, but they were the very reason Black Ops II got so much hate because most games were over once someone got a VSAT because at that point all that team had to do was ride their streaks to finish. CoD isn't fun when a player can get a top-of-the-line Scorestreak within one minute of a match because they know the cheap tricks to abusing the system.

Gun v gun brings a certain amount of skill to the game. One player who gets a good run can't take over and single handily win the game. It seems that a lot of the community feels the same way as I've seen nothing but appreciation for how things are done this title.

• Re: It seems people are really enjoying the gun v gun style of Ghosts
          gambit1969

I will let you know when my PS4 arrives, can't play it on the PS3, i am just staggering and rubberbanding around the map, i think my PS3 can't keep up anymore..

rlbl

It is nice being able to not having to wear a launcher on my back.

rainmaker6

ghamorra wrote:

Gun v gun brings a certain amount of skill to the game. One player who gets a good run can't take over and single handily win the game. It seems that a lot of the community feels the same way as I've seen nothing but appreciation for how things are done this title.

I don't know about that. If I get over half the kills for my team in TDM and over 30 kills over my amount of deaths I consider that winning the game single handily and I have done that. My stats in this game are actually better than any COD I have ever played even while working on my ghillie suit which drags them down.

The reason air support was so effective in MW2 is because many of the players refused to carry a stinger, refused to stay under cover when air support was out and refused to have a class with blind eye. In this game air support is so rare nobody ever uses blind eye. And when its out many are just shooting it down with gun fire. It's like complaining about IED while refusing to slow down or use sit rep or blast shield. I had a gas using and shooting down air support. To this day I remember one MW2 game were one team had just been obliterated by the other. I was put on the losing team and then shot down 4 helicopters almost immediately after they were called in while still racking up 15 kills. It was the difference in the game and even the other team grudgingly admitted that because it stop their kill streaks. That's a loss IMO for this rendition COD because ultimately the game must be fun. And even the players who hated being killed by air support loved using it when they got it.

rlbl

you may have been the MVP (and maybe even by a long shot), but you did not single handedly win the game.

phxs72

I played a match of KC the other day.  Picked up 30 tags (denied several as well) and had the kills to go with them (decent kd too) and yet we still lost 56 - 65.  I was dumbfounded and moved on to a new lobby.  I was playing TDM just yesterday with one of my clanmates and we were averaging 40 to 50 kills combined and yet we still lost 3 matches in a row.  Sometimes being the MVP just doesn't get the job done.  Had either of those scenarios played out in BO2, we probably would have won all 4 of those matches.

But that being said, I am enjoying the fact that scorestreaks aren't as game changing as they have been.  I find myself actually going outside without BE on and an enemy battle hind in the air and often never getting killed by it.  The gun on gun play is much stronger in this game and that unto itself has allowed for a number of comeback wins that never would have happened in previous titles.  Heck even the Loki isn't all that.  I've survived quite well through multiple Loki's.  Not always death free but definitely minimal deaths.  I'd have to say that the most lethal streak in the game is Riley.  That dog won't keep you alive for spit but it sure does love to track me down.  I've seen it run from well across the map just to find me.  I have to find a way to get my character to stop carrying raw steak in his pockets.

ghamorra

I'm not sure if it was you or someone else,

Last weekend we were looking to take the DOM node and found ourselves in a tough battle (losing) battle against another clan. We came in roughly 1 minute in and all DOM points were taken, the one random one random on the other team was super (by a lot) negative. He had 15 caps but 40 deaths and only a handful of kills by the matches end. At one point the score was 186-112 when we finally took and held the 'B' flag. At 194-124 we finally took and held all the flags and won the game.

Let's think about how this game would have ended in Black Ops II,

Chances are the other team would have had VSATs going all game because of all the caps (since the random kept taking flags he couldn't defend) and all the kills they got (40 alone from the random). Those VSATs would have led to higher Scorestreaks like Lodestars, Dogs, and SWARMs meaning we probably would have spent a lot time that we didn't have (since they had 186 points before we started our comeback) and we never would have gotten traction. Those Scorestreaks would have destroyed us and left us mangled not even breaking 100 most likely.

Now same scenario but we magically get on 'B' and pick up some pace. We could have gotten a VSAT which would have made capping their home flag easily. This gives us a Lodestar or Dogs which leads us to a SWARM and next thing you know we've picked up all three flags and the opponent doesn't leave their spawn for the rest of the match. The two times I held all three flags for three minutes came when we had a VSAT, SWARM, and Dogs, going all game.

rainmaker6

You clearly are just trying to be argumentative because you don't even know how many kills I had and would claim unless I got 75 didn't single handily win the game. Well under that definition nobody has ever single handily won a team based game in any version of COD. Grow up.

Izjar11

Yup! I enjoy the gun fights allot more, and you hit the nail dead on, people do not like that the game feels longer, because there are no more overwhelming game ending scorestreaks in this game.

So people will call it what they want, or complain about "camping" as its the popular term right now, but the truth is we are all fighting more with our weapons more than ever.

Gun Vs. Gun game play would be good if the Assault Rifles had recoil I mean the MSBS is the only Assault Rifle with any noticeable recoil.