21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2014 11:13 PM by EliteKing RSS

standoff out of map

BobbyMcGee

this ruined the last match i played. its done with a tac-insert, putting you inside the long building on the far side with the upstairs balcony/sniper windows. once in you cant kill or be killed and when multiple people do it it ruins the game. can this be fixed or is standoff ruined? i imagine other maps can be easily exploited in the same way...

• Re: standoff out of map

I have had something like this happen a few times on Standoff, although in a few cases the people that were in the wall were able to be killed. Granted, it was very difficult to kill them, but it was possible.Though when the person was killed, either they automatically spawned back inside the wall, or they did the glitch again, either way he was behind that wall the entire game.

bughunt

This is the glitch on Standoff that I was talking about when I got dropped into a lobby full of boosters.  They were trying to use this.

It is possible to kill them while they are glitched in the blank area of the wall.  Make sure that you have a class with a good weapon using FMJ and an EMP grenade.  Sitrep helps to see if they have put down Tac Inserts inside the wall.  Head up the stairs and into that little section just after the second set of stairs.  Lay down and face the wall with the stairs going down to the left and the doorway to your right.  Throw an EMP so that it takes out all Tac Inserts in the area and then start shooting in a line from left to right at foot level to make sure you get them if they are laying down.  If you get a hit marker then just concentrate fire in that general area, following them if they move around.

You can get them from other areas but you'll have a better chance from just there.  I've been reported by these boosters and glitchers for "ruining their game" and for "hacking" because they are getting shot out of "nowhere".

I have to make it a routine to patrol that area now since these exploits and glitches are getting out of hand.  What really gets to me more is the fact that I've been sitting on these exploits for MONTHS, since just before support stopped, while trying to pass them on to A_Trey_U to get them fixed.  This is one of the less game breaking ones, too.

nintendon't

I wish the crane glitch on Array was fixed.

chad111

This still isn't fixed. Just played HC kill confirmed with players using this glitch and boosting.

I had it happen in a lobby I was in earlier today also. Mine was in a TDM though. I was able to get hitmarkers on the guy, but I was not able to kill him.

bughunt

Yeah, looks like it's rising in popularity in every game mode.

This game really needs a little love from the Devs.  From what I've heard there have been a bunch of people coming back to BO2 with an equal amount choosing not to get Ghosts at all.  Just a little bit of support before A_Trey_U and the team get yanked away...that's all.

A_Trey_U, could it please be possible that you spend just a little bit of support on BO2?

Boosting is getting seriously out of control and there are some big exploits that people are abusing.  Can you please PM me for the details?

If these exploits get fixed and the people who have been boosting and abusing the exploits get visibly punished then it will send out a clear warning to them and others.  It will make players behave and encourage clean matches, extending the game for us.  There were close to 2000 people on BO2 when I was last on, too.

To be honest, I've been noticing this glitch more than I've been noticing boosters.

I've been playing Bo2 because I haven't gotten ghosts yet (I will be getting it later this month.) Bo2 has been getting kind of difficult to play now that ghosts is out and since we haven't gotten a patch in a while.

I'm not really sure how the guy was able to do the glitch, though I did notice the tac insert that was mentioned. I was able to shoot him when I was outside standing next to the building, but I wasn't able to get a kill off of him, just hitmarkers.

BobbyMcGee

at a year old certain maps on this title shouldnt be unplayable.

like2nap03

Don't post how to do it, but when they are out of the map, where exactly are they so I'll know to look out for it?

bughunt

Head up both sets of stairs in the long building and then stop in that little room before you reach the hallway with the two windows.  Stand in the middle of that little room with the stairs to your back and the doorway to the hallway in front of you.  Look at the wall to the left - they are inside the building but clipped behind that wall.  Running Engineer will show you where they are since they like to drop Tactical Insertions once they get in.

I've found that the best way to get them is from that room.  Lay down in that  room while facing the wall with the stairs going down to your left and doorway to the hallway with windows to your right.  Spray at foot level to make sure you get them if they lay down.  FMJ will do wonders and dropping an EMP just before will stop them respawning inside.

It's possible to kill people from in there, but most just like to use it to boost.  These days I have to keep watching the map and then move from one location to the next to hunt them down.  Feels like I spend my whole time just trying hunt down the boosters while dodging the players who play properly...ugh.  Is it sad to say that I still use the report feature?

Please, A_Trey_U, give a little love Just a little patch to block a few exploits and a cleanup to provide enough of a scare to stop them boosting a while.  I'll happily provide the details of the exploits if you ask.

like2nap03

I think they haven't responded because they are busy trying to fix things before Christmas break.  Either that or they are already on Christmas break.  I'm not sure.  I'm guessing they are working to get us caught up on patches in Ghosts (we're a little behind) on top of fixing the matchmaking.  It may be a while before they get to this if they do at all.  ATU did say a while back that they will catch up on their banning once things settle down, but he may need a reminder.  I posted a link to someone's topic on ATU's twitter page.  It was a topic about boosting that also mentioned this exploit.  They may need to be reminded again in the future.  We'll have to be patient.  Ghosts has precedence right now. 

bughunt

Yeah, I can very much believe that A_Trey_U and the team are run off their feet.  I get the impression that they are a small team in comparison to the others but have pretty much the same demands.  This also made worse by restrictions in what they can touch and having to make system specific fixes around porting main fixes.

I do remember him saying that BO2 was due a cleanup.  It was one of the things I asked when he came back, just before the launch of Ghosts.  I just hope he doesn't forget and that they are able to (and hopefully don't mind) spending a little time bringing a much needed patch and a cleanup.

Fingers crossed.

like2nap03

Just remind him.  He said they would do it when things weren't so crazy and they were caught up on Ghosts.  Which will take time. 

bughunt

To be honest, I don't want to keep pestering him.  Kinda like a catch-22.  If I don't keep pestering him then it will be forgotten.  If I DO keep pestering he may just not bother :/

I did try to ask him how best to pass info on to him via Twitter but he seems to have vanished.  If he ever makes an appearance then I'll just sneak a little reminder in.  Would be real nice to get some of these major exploits fixed and a stern reminder to everybody to play properly via some resets.

EliteKing

its crazy how the support for Ghosts seems to have already ended before the new year even got here.

usually it ends in march or so, but this was abrupt.

like2nap03

EliteKing wrote:

its crazy how the support for Ghosts seems to have already ended before the new year even got here.

usually it ends in march or so, but this was abrupt.

Probably just a break for the holidays.  They did the same thing last year.  If you look at the patch notes for this game they don't even start until February.  There's not a lot of patches, but they were huge.  Then some bug fixes thrown in here or there.  They'll spend all of January getting caught up again I'm sure.  Not looking good for getting this exploit fixed.  Or the boosters cleaned up.  We might get lucky though. 

EliteKing

yeah the glitch sucks hard, ive actually seen 2 guys from 1 clan go on separate teams and both glitch up in there and they boost off each other the whole game calling in recockulously high killstreaks that are normally next to impossible to get when playing in regular TDM.

BobbyMcGee

bump...