1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 71 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2013 5:49 PM by Bocheebs Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: Who's the "Community"?
        maccabi

        Megadog14 wrote:

         

        You just proved my point. Driftor didnt constantly praise them, so he didnt get any sort of exclusive access.

        That would imply some people did have "exclusive access " which isn't true at all. but out of interest what do you consider "exclusive access"

        • 61. Re: Who's the "Community"?
          Foxhound-Pro

          ghamorra wrote:

           

          It's the ego and attitudes that create there "spirit" or lack of it. Years ago I played on Xbox and found myself going up against Faze. It supposedly was a practice or whatever for an upcoming MLG event. They didn't have a strategy outside of overwhelm the opponent with crazy fast gameplay and beat them with 30+ days of a experience which was an easily countered by camping. When they lost by a lot because they're not actually good they just played a sh*t ton of CoD they lost their minds.

           

          I'm perfectly ok with admitting defeat by a team who's strategy and tactics are superior and there's no doubt MLG teams that work hard and work together as a team, but the overwhelming (very overwhelming) part of MLG is not about that, it's about embarrassing your opponent and gloating about it.

           

          Bielsalmighty wrote:

           

          But thats the thing mate, I'm not talking about the ego/attitudes/idiots that are unfortunately clinging to that sector of the community like a bunch of festering abusive limpets. I'm talking about the actual SPIRIT of MLG. Dont allow the idiots to blind you to the positives.

          Faze honestly isn't the best group of people to base your opinions on. I understand your point about dudebro antics and the toxicity that can come about from the MLG group. That's not the spirit that Biels is talking about though.

          • 62. Re: Who's the "Community"?
            Foxhound-Pro

            Megadog14 wrote:

             

            Foxhound-Pro wrote:

             

            Megadog14 wrote:

             

            Yeah some YTers seem popular among the kiddies, which makes sense considering they seem to make up like half the community...

             

            And @fox they sure as hell didn't listen to a single goddamn idea for BO2 zombies. Not a single freaking one.

            Just going to throw it out there that your persistent use of hyperbole makes it harder for me to both interact with and take you seriously.

             


            Ok, what community ideas did they add in BO2 zombies? I cant think of any.

            Foxhound-Pro wrote:

             

            Megadog14 wrote:

             

            Yeah some YTers seem popular among the kiddies, which makes sense considering they seem to make up like half the community...

             

            And @fox they sure as hell didn't listen to a single goddamn idea for BO2 zombies. Not a single freaking one.

             

             

            Mac and Deamonomic have done a good job of presenting you with some logic. As for your statement about YouTuber interaction that features only those who "praise," I'd have to say that Driftor has done a great job of being respectful and very to the point in his constructive criticisms. Criticisms that are both positive and negative regarding the mechanics, aesthetics and interpreted philosophies of the Call of Duty Franchise and its developers.

            Ok, but did Driftor ever get exclusive early access?

            1. I'm pretty sure they added a few things retroactively. (Banks) You must consider though that Zombies is a story being told by people that have a certain direction. You must also understand that there are people that are asking for things that exist in the current BO2 zombie maps, regardless if you like them or not, and that simply because you do not have a personal success story does not mean that no one has at all.
            2. Yes, he did. Maccabi is explaining. He had "exclusive" access to various parts of the game just like I did. Here's hoping that you don't become extremely pedantic to make an argument point. That's another one of your superpowers.

             

            Edit: Grammar and stuff. Haven't had coffee yet.

            • 63. Re: Who's the "Community"?
              Megadog14

              maccabi wrote:

               

              Megadog14 wrote:

               

              You just proved my point. Driftor didnt constantly praise them, so he didnt get any sort of exclusive access.

              That would imply some people did have "exclusive access " which isn't true at all. but out of interest what do you consider "exclusive access"

              Exclusive as in that person is the only person in the world (apart from the devs of course) to have played and/or recorded that. Syndicate got to play 1 of the BO2 maps early (MOTD I think?) and AliA played Buried and Origins early and recorded gameplay of it. Cant remember whether he was allowed to upload it before the launch of the DLC, but the fact is, they praised Treyarch non-stop, they were the only people allowed to have early access to it. Now do you get my point?

              • 64. Re: Who's the "Community"?
                Foxhound-Pro

                Megadog14 wrote:

                 

                maccabi wrote:

                 

                Megadog14 wrote:

                 

                You just proved my point. Driftor didnt constantly praise them, so he didnt get any sort of exclusive access.

                That would imply some people did have "exclusive access " which isn't true at all. but out of interest what do you consider "exclusive access"

                Exclusive as in that person is the only person in the world (apart from the devs of course) to have played and/or recorded that. Syndicate got to play 1 of the BO2 maps early (MOTD I think?) and AliA played Buried and Origins early and recorded gameplay of it. Cant remember whether he was allowed to upload it before the launch of the DLC, but the fact is, they praised Treyarch non-stop, they were the only people allowed to have early access to it. Now do you get my point?

                 

                They bring in multiple people for those types of events. You'll learn that the word "exclusive" in the video game world often does not mean one person and one person only.

                 

                Edit: Can confirm that community members like PrestigeIsKey have been to these events along side ALIA, Syndicate and others.

                Can confirm that these users have also given feedback both at these events and over time post launch.

                 

                It's okay if people like things you don't like.

                • 65. Re: Who's the "Community"?
                  Megadog14

                  Foxhound-Pro wrote:

                   

                  Megadog14 wrote:

                   

                  maccabi wrote:

                   

                  Megadog14 wrote:

                   

                  You just proved my point. Driftor didnt constantly praise them, so he didnt get any sort of exclusive access.

                  That would imply some people did have "exclusive access " which isn't true at all. but out of interest what do you consider "exclusive access"

                  Exclusive as in that person is the only person in the world (apart from the devs of course) to have played and/or recorded that. Syndicate got to play 1 of the BO2 maps early (MOTD I think?) and AliA played Buried and Origins early and recorded gameplay of it. Cant remember whether he was allowed to upload it before the launch of the DLC, but the fact is, they praised Treyarch non-stop, they were the only people allowed to have early access to it. Now do you get my point?

                   

                   

                   

                  It's okay if people like things you don't like.

                  Never said that lol. Honestly don't know how you came to that.

                  Im also not referring to any events. Im talking about how Syndicate and AliA got early access- not at an event. If im wrong, tell me which event had Buried and Origins playable and recordable before launch.

                  • 66. Re: Who's the "Community"?
                    zvers

                    Agreed. If anyone is going for there psychology doctorate, studying the CoD community could be very interesting since the forum is anonymous. People let loose.

                    • 67. Re: Who's the "Community"?
                      Foxhound-Pro

                      Megadog14 wrote:

                       

                      Foxhound-Pro wrote:

                       

                      Megadog14 wrote:

                       

                      maccabi wrote:

                       

                      Megadog14 wrote:

                       

                      You just proved my point. Driftor didnt constantly praise them, so he didnt get any sort of exclusive access.

                      That would imply some people did have "exclusive access " which isn't true at all. but out of interest what do you consider "exclusive access"

                      Exclusive as in that person is the only person in the world (apart from the devs of course) to have played and/or recorded that. Syndicate got to play 1 of the BO2 maps early (MOTD I think?) and AliA played Buried and Origins early and recorded gameplay of it. Cant remember whether he was allowed to upload it before the launch of the DLC, but the fact is, they praised Treyarch non-stop, they were the only people allowed to have early access to it. Now do you get my point?

                       

                       

                       

                      It's okay if people like things you don't like.

                      Never said that lol. Honestly don't know how you came to that.

                      Im also not referring to any events. Im talking about how Syndicate and AliA got early access- not at an event. If im wrong, tell me which event had Buried and Origins playable and recordable before launch.

                      The entire premise of your argument/discussion is below.

                      But on a more serious note id like to point out that the devs only interact with the YTers who always praise them and never say anything remotely negative about the game- case in point syndicate and alia. Both of them said that every bo2 zombies map was the best ever made when they clearly were not, to put it kindly, both of them got exclusive early access HMM...

                      It boils down to "developers only interact with YouTubers who always praise them. Evidence being person A and B, who both like something I don't like and praised it highly, got access." - That's why I'm saying that it's okay if people like things that you don't. We're also pointing out that there are YouTubers who have criticized the studios constructively and still attended simlar events. Maccabi is also a shining example of offering criticisms and disagreeing with developer ideas, but still being interacted with. There are many of our forum members, not to leave them out, who have at some point interacted with the developers too. The general take away is that the developers listen to more than just people who "constantly praise them."

                       

                      Terminology Clean Up: The early access that those two got was at an event. Multiple YouTuber personalities have stated that they are invited by various studios for "exclusive" early access. That's an event.

                      • 68. Re: Who's the "Community"?
                        maccabi

                        Megadog14 wrote:

                         

                        maccabi wrote:

                         

                        Megadog14 wrote:

                         

                        You just proved my point. Driftor didnt constantly praise them, so he didnt get any sort of exclusive access.

                        That would imply some people did have "exclusive access " which isn't true at all. but out of interest what do you consider "exclusive access"

                        Exclusive as in that person is the only person in the world (apart from the devs of course) to have played and/or recorded that. Syndicate got to play 1 of the BO2 maps early (MOTD I think?) and AliA played Buried and Origins early and recorded gameplay of it. Cant remember whether he was allowed to upload it before the launch of the DLC, but the fact is, they praised Treyarch non-stop, they were the only people allowed to have early access to it. Now do you get my point?

                        This gets back to what i said before when you have a youtuber with 1 million + subscribers.. who benefits more from allowing one of them to capture footage and upload early.. answer both its a symbiotic relationship . for the record neither ali nor tom got exclusive access at each event they went to there was others there too. Its the same as complaining video game magazines/sites should get early review copies as they get to play earlier.

                         

                        same thing for ghosts everyone who was invited to the mp event involved in media was allowed to capture footage -  (and there was strict guidelines in place for the footage that could be uploaded). The capture sessions you are referring to for zombies there was other uk youtubers there too who also uploaded content. Same for the us ones.

                         

                        But again anything argument you make that that its only people who suck up too atvi /devs and are a youtuber or esports person gets golden tickets/ special treatment  is blatantly wrong and skewed.

                         

                         

                        Actually megadog heres a question for you... outside of the devs/atvi staff who do you think  had more access and hands on time playing ghosts before it was released?

                        • 69. Re: Who's the "Community"?

                          I think Drift0r is the only youtuber I respect and Whiteboy7thst I have never heard them complaining about the game or discrediting Infinity Ward or Treyarch if they didn't deserve it. I also respect Chris Smoove since he is the only camper I have yet to see not complain about everything that counters camping and he's a good player lol.

                          1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next