34 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2013 2:18 PM by Adam1234567893 RSS

When did COD and the community start needing all these crutchs ?

IndyOldGuy

So many people just sit and point down sights now days, or sit in a corner pointing at a door, in a window, or on a roof top, all I see in ghosts is Tracker sights, thermals, and or snipers, or corner campers
      Attachments, perks, streaks all designed for camping and not moving, and these 'crutch' type attachments
      I.E. Thermal scopes, Target finders, Tracker sights, Oracle systems, overly loud footsteps added with Amplify perks, Motion sensors, IEDs,
      I feel almost forced to run Incog, Dead silence,  and Blind eye in this game...

• Re: When did COD and the community become wimps?

Why do people need to play like you? If someone is camping, that means they don't move, which means you know where to expect them. When did you become such a horrible player that camping noobs own you so easily?

IndyOldGuy

Sannji wrote:

Why do people need to play like you? If someone is camping, that means they don't move, which means you know where to expect them. When did you become such a horrible player that camping noobs own you so easily?

First off I never asked anyone to play like me, I do not run blindly around the maps, and into rooms, like 'headless chickens" as the term goes
              Second of all, I am not a horrible player, average yes, horrible no. I do not get owned by camping noobs, I simply asked the question WHEN did everyone start hiding in corners and not moving?

And when did COD feel that everyone needed all these 'crutches' to shoot their gun??

Tool

Frenchy_68

You are aware that this is a video game, right?

You are not a wimp, or a tough guy just from playing a video game.

SilentxThriller

You have three options in this scenario:

1. Avoid the areas where you know players are camping. You have the entire rest of the map to kill the other 5 players in their team.

2. If it's really affecting the pace of the game then leave the lobby, ain't nobody got time for that.

3. RAGE!!! Dedicate the rest of the match to punishing the little noob, only to get killed 9/10 times, ruining your KD and improving their's.

BamBoozeLLed

How would you like everyone to play your game?

Bardygrub

TThis needs to be locked! Mods pls!

• Re: When did COD and the community start needing all these crutchs ?
                      Izjar11

IndyOldGuy wrote:

So many people just sit and point down sights now days, or sit in a corner pointing at a door, in a window, or on a roof top,

IOG people have been sitting, waiting on top near things, through doors since COD4 MW. That is not new.

But your right the sight attachments have grown into a spectacle of designs, and functions. I never was a fan of any except for the red dot sight.

rlbl

Modern Warfare 2

if you are not used to it by now, time to move on.

WKMMS

I can understand people not being willing to move about too much in this game, considering you can be dropped in about 2 bullets from anywhere at any time.  I don't think it's a case of the community needing crutches, but the developers putting these things into the game, maybe to encourage and facilitate newer players.  You can't really blame people for using the tools at their disposal. 

Bielsalmighty

Thats no excuse - everyone has the same frailty. Initially, I was disappointed that KC had dropped to 65 tags in order to win a match, until I'd been playing for a while and seen how many games went to time limit. *shrug* If someone wants to pay £40 to stare at a doorway for 10 minutes at a time, thats on them. I'll happily avoid their doorway and leave them to their boredom.

WKMMS

Not making excuses for anyone, just trying to rationalise why there is a pronounced increase in extremely defensive/campy play and why people use cheesy attachments.  I'm a straight up, no-nonsense gunfighter who likes to move around and engage and try to have some fun...

phxs72

Its the map difficulty mainly.  The lines of sight are much longer than people are used to and rather than put the time in to learn how to move around them safely they would rather just lock down an area that they already know.  It's a tried and true tactic but it does limit the players growth from my perspective.  On the plus side once you find these guys (often 3 or 4 working together), the savvy RnG player knows how to pick them off one by one until they overrun them.  It's all about picking the right approach angles and tactical/lethal combinations to limit your exposure to their defenses.

RunAndGun1

I think once IW (only by name) finally gets around to fixing the lag, then all these supposed crutches won't matter anymore. Because we will all be able to kill each other with equal doses of power given the lag is reduced enough to balance out the gameplay.

Lag and poor spawning are the only issues that are dragging down Ghosts, in my opinion. I was spawn killed three times in a row last night. Spawn - killed, spawn - killed, spawn - killed. Of course I left the match with those odds.

Whether it's camping or perks that seem to give one player an advantage over another, you still have to learn to adapt. Period. Give us less lag and better spawning and watch the happy posts start popping up in the forums.

phxs72

I have one class with Blind Eye on it.  Two classes with Dead Silence.  DS is rather handy when going up against guys that do know how to soundwhore and the side benefit for me because I flank a lot, is that not hearing my footsteps is almost like having Amplify.  I have one class with Incognito on it (sniper class of course).  All of the attachments/perks in the world do nothing if the other guy knows where you are and shoots you first.  Yes I do die to guys using Thermals, TFs, etc that are lying in wait.  Of course, I also die to guys that rush into a small building with an SMG while I'm rocking an AR.  CoD is built on mismatched situations.  That is why I have to maintain a variety of class setups to push the mismatch into my favor.  Last night I ran into a group that was running riot shields and throwing explosives like candy.  Unfortunately, for me I didn't have a single class setup with blast shield nor did I have enough options to work with in the lethal and tactical categories.  I hadn't been needing either of those.  So my classes where geared towards what I had been needing.  With only 6 classes you have to be choosy and you will be exposed to something.  10 classes made covering your bases much easier.  Anyway, I got slaughtered in that match but you had better believe that before I entered the next match I had an explosives/tactical class setup and ready to go.  I think that the moral of the story here is that you can't take getting your butt kicked personally.  It's going to happen from time to time.  You will on occasion run into a group of players that have that perfect combo that you can do nothing about.  I think that you just have to remember that sometimes you are the guy with that perfect combo that they can do nothing about.  I also joined a match in progress last night where we were down by 20 kills.  I was able to finish the match 20-2 and we won by 4 kills.  I must have dropped their top guy 5 or 6 times in a row before I ran into anyone else on their team.  They didn't have an answer for what I was doing.

deamonomic

this is your first CoD I take it. Or you were not around for very long. Definitely doesnt seem like you were around when they had Death streaks.

IndyOldGuy

Nope, MW3 and BO2....I don't recall this much 'not moving' in MW3, and BO2 of course had the TF attachment, but the majority of people still moved, ghosts is a good game, just seems slow to me, and IMO its because of all the 'tools' perks, and attachments, and a couple of the maps, Stonehaven, and stormfront come to mind

What you don't realize is that these maps are vastly different from past CODs. There's like 5 entrances in every room, every step you take, there's an area behind you that the enemy comes from, and add the horrible spawning that spawns enemies right behind you.....that is why a lot of people move very slowly, hold an area for a while, wait until they know where people are spanwing or where their allies are...etc. Just because someone kills you because they're in a corner doesn't mean they've been there the whole game. They may have just killed someone and waiting to see if the coast is clear.

The point is not everyone needs to keep rushing and moving. It's your own fault for not being careful, but at the same time, it's the game's fault for maps and spawn logic that encourages camping or moving slowly.

Also, guns kill way too quickly in this game. So people who don't have good ping or feel laggy need to keep ADS up in order to win gunfights.

Fabiodens

Actually, I think you did not encounter too much campers in BO2 and MW3 because those games offers smaller maps and camping in both games always tends to end up horribly for the camper... That's if the enemies of said campers are playing smartly.

gotsomestars

The crutch I see most is the people who can only do well when the whole enemy team is playing how the one guy thinks they should. Anyone can get mega kills when everyone is running around hip firing.

They need to stop catering to garbage and noobs I had to learn how to play in MW2 and it didn't make me stop playing so new players should have to learn to play themselves.

Fabiodens

Hmmm.. That's why you're not running Activision man.

So they should make Call of Duty a camping game with slow paced action? Love your logic what's next remove sprinting and anything else that kills campers? One shot kill assault rifles? the removal of shotguns and smgs? The removal of Agility and Marathon? Learn to adapt camper.

Fabiodens

Why thank you. I don't camp too much, but when I do, I encounter a lot of runners that just run blindly into a hail of bullets. A smart gamer does not jump into the fray and shoot what ever it encounters. If you get killed by campers too much, you need to rethink the way you play not ***** about it in the forums. You know what, boo hoo for you.

You know what happens in real life if you run around in a real life gun fight? You die. Permanently. So maybe some us are just smart and trying to play the game and enjoy it. If you are raging because you cannot adapt, this game is not for you. Go play something else.

Actually I am a smart player it's just all the counters to camping keeps getting nerfed by campers who aren't smart. Blast Shield counters explosives so why are they so weak? Tactical Mask counters EMP and Flash and Stun grenades all have counters now so why are they so weak? I like MW2 and Black Ops 1 better because they didn't cater to garbage players like Black Ops 2 and MW3 did. Black Ops 2 catered to garbage rushers who didn't have an objective and MW3 catered to campers with out an objective. I can adapt actually. Also this is a video game it shouldn't be realistic especially since Call of Duty is an arcade game meaning it should be balanced and fast paced and full of action not realism. If you want realism so bad go play Arma that game is a military simulator. I don't get why you have that mentality that camping is the best and only way to play. Wanna know what happens when you stay in a location too long in real life? You get blown up maybe they should add that realistic perspective in this game as well explosives that do their job. Also campers complain too about Agility and Marathon and Explosives and quickscoping and smgs and shotguns and they complain about knifing and dogs as well. So yea don't talk that nonsense cause it makes you look like a hypocrite I bet if Agility made you run way faster and the explosives actually did their job you would be complaining all the time. You should go play something else since you want realism go play Arma or Battlefield so you have an excuse to be a scared little coward in a corner with an op gun and Amplify. This is an arcade game people shouldn't be treating it like it's realistic why? Because you respawn so to camp only slows things down. No I am not saying campers should stop camping I am only saying that they should complaining.

Another butt hurt rusher who got killed by a camper. Adapt man, instead of red dot chasing and expecting everyone to come running at you head on. These threads were posted many times,way back as far as BOps 1. Adapt,i say adapt!