1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2014 5:20 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)


        Trust me, I know what kind of player you are I can tell from every post you've made.  Your just another terrible camper who preys on average players thinking that you are somehow superior to everyone else.  For example.

         

        (From another page long post about you glorifying your amazing skills.)

         

        "Personal space: This isn't a skill so much as a tendency, but I've found personal space issues becoming a huge problem. Ghosts has some very big maps yet teammates want to be right up your ass and draw more attention to your position than necessary. Especially when the shoot like Elmer Fudd at thin air with an unsuppressed weapons. I hate bumping off of people as I try to move around the match, I always end up getting killed because of this."

         

        Now if one were to read this from a point of view that wasn't completely self-absorbed I think one could easily argue that those people that are drawing attention to you and bumping into you probably feel the same way about you, but no its their responsibility not yours to move because that's your spot.

         

        "Playing the whole map: This kind of builds off of situational awareness, but another thing I notice is that teammates will always look where you're looking. I welcome those who want to camp or snipe with me, but why do they always find it necessary to look at the exact same target as me. I understand that sometimes you get bored staring at emptiness, but when I move don't follow me. Ghosts defense against camping is providing half a dozen ways to get to ever position on the map. So don't make it harder on us by guarding the same vantage point as me, there are always just opportunistic windows or doors to look out of."

         

         

        Now similarly as above its always your teammates looking where you're looking, not the other way around.  What right do they have to aim in the same direction as you?  Don't they know that your a professional camper?  They should be relegated to aiming at obscure doors while you camp your "high traffic" sight lines.

         

        Its just another microcosm of the problem with you campers as a whole.  You think you are way better than you are, you think you are way more useful than you are, and more often than not have zero sense of teamwork as shown above...

        • 61. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
          rlbl

          That is not true..

           

          Ghamorra is a very smart, passive-aggressive player.  Your issue is that you equate camp to "sitting somewhere away from the action". G does not put himself in the middle of gunfights, but he does put himself in a strategic position to best defend objectives, and himself.

           

          In your 1st post, you talked about people going for the objective, and dying in trying to do so, while securing the win. That is my style of play (I aggressively go for tags and caps, not really concerned if I die... I do not try to die, but by sticking my head out there I will... it is inevitable).

           

          G will not play as aggressively, but I know that when I play with him I do not have to circle back to defend something because I know he is taking up the rear, or covering my ass when I am pushing forward (say to capture B in DOM).  When I play with Ghamorra, Edo and a few others, we barely lose.  Just because someone is camping, does not mean they are not playing the objective, or playing to win.

           

          So no, you do not know what kind of "camper" he is.  Your assumptions are false (I know this 1st hand)

           

          However,

           

          In those occasions that we do get put up against a generally better team, it can sometimes be a recipe for a guaranteed loss. The issue can be that sometimes people think that losing while maintaining good stats, is still a win.  And that is ok (not for me, but for many it is)

          • 62. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
            ghamorra

            HoodWedo wrote:

             


            You must play against some bad campers

            I think this is where the disagreement is coming from. Oldurtay has a fixed impression that campers are people who don't pull their weight when playing, or campers are players who are far too casual. He seems to also base a players success strictly off the Scorecard at the end of a match which only shows a few specific stats.

             

            Fact is campers do so much more than what he realizes. I could make a thread bashing rushers to the same degree he's bashing campers. I hate playing matches where my team spends so much time trying to push forward that we keep getting our assess kick from behind because they're A) flipping spawns uncontrollably or B) not willing to take that little bit of extra time defending a flag long enough to actually reap it's benefits. Campers are needed as much as rushers, once he understands this I think he'll find a little more success.

            • 63. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

              In your 1st post, you talked about people going for the objective, and dying in trying to do so, while securing the win. That is my style of play (I aggressively go for tags and caps, not really concerned if I die... I do not try to die, but by sticking my head out there I will... it is inevitable).

               

              I agree and completely understand that on a given team makeup a camper or 2 can definitely contribute to wins.  But like you said yourself those wins come more as a result of your actions and you could feasibly win without a camper at your backs, can you say the same in retrospect though?  His winning at all depends on players like you pulling the weight.

               

               

              In those occasions that we do get put up against a generally better team, it can sometimes be a recipe for a guaranteed loss. The issue can be that sometimes people think that losing while maintaining good stats, is still a win.  And that is ok (not for me, but for many it is)

               

              You've summed up everything I'm trying to get at in this one sentence I applaud you.  You admit that simply because of his inability to adapt his gameplay it can relegate your team to a loss before the game has even started.  This is my main issue with campers, their inability to adapt.  They will play the same game whether they are up 50 points or down 50 points, their K/D is the most important thing in their eyes and a loss means nothing to them.

               

               

              • 64. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

                do u actually even play this game brah? looks like u just spend all day making posts on these forums glorifying yourself.

                similar to what i said in another post, being able to pick off players who dont really care about their K/D at the expense of having fun, or dont have the patience to enjoy playing your extra cautious stealthy style of play doesnt really make u pro.

                if everyone played like this, which sadly most people do on these gawd awful maps, you would have games ending at 15 - 12 after ten minutes. and it probably wouldnt be very fun for you either.

                • 65. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
                  ghamorra

                  Obadagibida wrote:

                   

                  if everyone played like this, which sadly most people do on these gawd awful maps, you would have games ending at 15 - 12 after ten minutes. and it probably wouldnt be very fun for you either.

                  If you had everyone running around like a dumbass, which you seem to condone, then the same thing would happen. Thankfully people play how they want, they camp and the rush. the balance keeps each playstyle in check. But you wouldn't understand that because you have an idealistic style of play and if someone doesn't play that particular way then they're "wrong".

                  • 66. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)


                    I don't have a problem with camping TDM, but he is right lol I've been part of a 25-20 game on Freight where both teams never left their spawn, not exactly the most excitement.  On the other hand a game filled with rushers... that games just going to be over in like 2 minutes haha.

                    • 67. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

                      my problem gham, is that ghosts is way too anti-rusher. people saying that this game allows for all styles of play to be successful is pretty BS, atleast for TDM. its camper paradise. Let's not pretend im the only one supporting this argument, read through the forums, a lot of people say the same. i didnt mind campers in BO2, because it was a more balanced playing field for all styles of play. Maybe more anti-camper, but i wouldnt really know cuz i dont camp, but i know a thing or 2 about rushing.

                       

                      and plz explain how "everyone running around like a dumbass" would result in a boring slow paced 15-12 game after the time limit, cuz i cant seem to understand that. sounds like an action packed game to me. Fun

                       

                      ghamorra wrote:

                       

                      Thankfully people play how they want, they camp and the rush. the balance keeps each playstyle in check.

                      you honestly believe that? funny cuz you started another thread titled " ghosts exposing players for what they really are" where u basically explain why rushers cannot be successful in this game and why people need to adapt to more of a camping style,

                      which i agree with. and thats why i wish i never bought it, and just stick to BO2.

                      • 68. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)
                        ghamorra

                        Obadagibida wrote:

                         

                        my problem gham, is that ghosts is way too anti-rusher. people saying that this game allows for all styles of play to be successful is pretty BS, atleast for TDM. its camper paradise. Let's not pretend im the only one supporting this argument, read through the forums, a lot of people say the same. i didnt mind campers in BO2, because it was a more balanced playing field for all styles of play. Maybe more anti-camper, but i wouldnt really know cuz i dont camp, but i know a thing or 2 about rushing.

                         

                        and plz explain how "everyone running around like a dumbass" would result in a boring slow paced 15-12 game after the time limit, cuz i cant seem to understand that. sounds like an action packed game to me. Fun

                         

                        ghamorra wrote:

                         

                        Thankfully people play how they want, they camp and the rush. the balance keeps each playstyle in check.

                        you honestly believe that? funny cuz you started another thread titled " ghosts exposing players for what they really are" where u basically explain why rushers cannot be successful in this game and why people need to adapt to more of a camping style,

                        which i agree with. and thats why i wish i never bought it, and just stick to BO2.

                        You really are simple minded. The thread I made stated how people are expecting the same game as Black Ops II and complain when it's not. Basically the thread is all players like you. You and a select few others need to really rethink some things.

                        • 69. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 1)

                          I know you weren't referring to them I was just joking around lol.

                          1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next