1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2013 1:49 PM by MD1X Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
        BurningFighter

Exactly. Even though it's been over a year since the release of Tranzit, I still believe there's more to it. Sure, the orbs and beam can be just a sign that the EE is complete (like the Tower is light up) but I HIGHLY doubt that. As you say, even though how many theories we've tried out, I've never seen a game where we've had 4 orbs on the map. I myself have never got a orb of my own, even though I have completed the Richtofen EE. And I think that, even though Jimmy is a troll, I think he would give us a clear "NO" if there isn't anything more to do. Even he must understand the hate he would get if he was lying to us. Having 4 orbs - I think that could actually be a step in the right direction, as that is (as far as I know) something we never have experienced before.

• 21. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.

has anyone ever try gettin downed around an orb with tombstone just a thought, I wish there is more to tranzit then we know

• 22. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
            reluctent

It was on xbox, not PS3.

• 23. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
              reluctent

I'm also aware of no beams on PS3, this may not be a 2nd easter egg as in the title it states (possibly). I wasn't talking about PS3

• 24. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
                reluctent

Orbs are indeed present, just saying. And as deathbringer said, only the respective player can see them. So maybe a continuation is possible

• 25. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
                  DeathBringer-Zen

I still think they would have taken the orbs out if they were a part of an unfinished continuation. The engine they use is garbage, sure, but I give the Dev's a little more credit than to leave a half finished EE in the map still... time constraints or not.

That does not actually mean the orbs ARE a part of another EE though, but after all this time, they are still on the map, and emitting from the box. If they WERE a glitch, I am sure they would have removed them by now.

They did after all remove the ability to manually destroy the buildables in Tranzit, so if they can fix that they could easily have removed the orbs. Also, the orbs only show up in the 4 spots that emit morse code. The placement of them is definitely deliberate. It is not like orbs have been found randomly in other spots. Only 2 on the tower and 2 on the traffic lights, and to this day, I still have not known anyone who has been able to get all 4 orbs to appear in one game. There was a few people who said they knew how to get certain orbs to appear, and if that is the case, then it would possibly mean all 4 had to be activated to move on.

Still... Jimmy has various tweets around the Tranzit period that contradict other tweets he put out, so who knows.

• 26. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

If they WERE a glitch, I am sure they would have removed them by now.

Its Treyarch lol...

And I think that the reason they haven't removed it is because it kept people interested in Tranzit. If there were no orbs or beams, would you still play it or hunt for things on it?

• 27. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
                      DeathBringer-Zen

Its Treyarch lol...

What is that supposed to mean? Do you have some hindsight into previous EE's they have left in their games unfinished? I have followed them through the Tony Hawk's and Spiderman games and I don't EVER remember them leaving half finished Easter Eggs or quests in their games, so unless you know of any, your statement is completely baseless and pointless.

I don't think they would operate in the sense that just because it kept us playing it automatically means they should be unprofessional and leave them in. As I already said, they removed the ability to destroy the buildables, and that was pretty big news on the forums. It also went along with the theory of NOT following the voices, as suggested in the TV message.

I don't think they are a glitch, but they are not necessarily a continuation to an EE either. To assume though that "it's Treyarch" as if this is common practice with them is stupid. They are a bit more professional than that I am sure.

EDIT: Also, the fact that Plat phoned them up and spoke in length with a Dev for over 30 minutes, and got told that the orbs were NOT a glitch is even more conclusive. I doubt that a Dev would flat out lie about it. He did not say they were a continuation to an EE either though, but did confirm they were not a glitch.

• 28. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.

Well, look at the tank. That's a pretty big glitch right there. Hell, you cant even play MOTD on PS3 unless you redownload everything, that's a huge glitch. If they leave glitches like this in the game, it makes sense that their priorities wouldn't be purely graphical glitches (assuming these are glitches).

And if there were any sort of way to finish this, wouldn't we know by now? All we really know is that Maxis has some unused quotes. Not choosing a side didn't do anything, messing around with the buildables didn't do anything, NAVcards didn't do anything, etc.

• 29. Re: Something hidden in TranZit, possible 2nd easter egg.
                          DeathBringer-Zen

The tank has a death barrier added to the inside of it because of the stinky smelly glitchers who cannot play the game properly. That has nothing to do with orbs! The tank was fine until glitchers ruined it, so you can blame glitchers for that one... not Treyarch.

I would hardly class adding a death barrier into something to prevent glitching as being the same as orbs showing up in SPECIFIC spots! Again, if they were a part of a half finished EE, I am sure they would have removed them. As for the MotD issue, yes, they should have addressed it better, but it could and probably is an issue with the absolute joke of an OS that is integrated into the PS3.

The orbs are found on every version of the game. That, coupled with Plat's phone call is enough to convince me they are intentional, but again, it may just be to highlight the Morse Code and nothing more.