9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2013 5:11 AM by mwfan55 RSS

The BEST Playlist to level up your clan?

PullUrSlip

How's it going guys and gals? I am posting this to bring about a general discussion upon the topic of which playlist is best to level your clan up in. For those of you who do not know much about how the Clan Ranks and XP works, this thread should help you out. Also, feel free to leave your comments in a reply, as long as they relate to the topic of discussion and benefit as well.

So as most of you know, and some of you might not yet know, you get more Clan XP for playing in the Clan vs Clan Playlists (CvC) than in regular playlists. CvC playlists award you 100XP per player per game you win. It also requires you to have 4 Clan members to play in the playlist, thus resulting in 400XP towards your clan per game. Regular game modes award you half that, 50XP per game. This might seem like it makes it an extremely easy decision, play CvC. However, there are some Con's to the playlists which are listed below.

3 Pro's of CvC:

1) The CvC playlists are restricted to Clans with 4+ members, thus making it somewhat more competitive than regular playlists.

2) More XP towards your clan rank.

3) No Random teammates.

3 Con's of CvC:

1) Maps are too big for 4v4.

2) Longer games due to less players on each team.

3) Harder to find a match due to smaller playlist population.

In bold are the key points that I subjectively have found to describe the CvC playlist. More players and clans seem to play the regular playlists more than CvC. Why would clans play regular playlists over CvC if they get less XP per game? Do these clans not know that they get more XP for playing the CvC playlists? Why is the population so low in the CvC playlists? Hopefully some of you can answer a few of these questions for me and shed some light on this topic.

Coming to the conclusion of this post, I would like to state that I have found playing CvC Team Deathmatch, with my clan, has leveled us up a lot faster than regular playlists. This works with my clan as we are a majority slayer style player's. We also finish our TDM games, on average, in less than 5 minutes. So, concluding this post I would like to ask you to answer the above questions, post some Pro's and Con's of both types of playlists you have found, and let me know what your preferred playlist is to rank your Clan up.

Thanks for reading everybody, happy gaming!

-Slip

XBL Gamertag: PullUrSlip

Patrick Ewing (pullurslip) on Twitter

• Re: The BEST Playlist to level up your clan?
          mwfan55

Cranked is way better. My clan can win 2 games of cranked in the same time frame we win one game of CvC TDM ( cvc tdm has been extremely campy ). 600XP instead of 400xp. Of course you will need 6 players which is not a problem for us.

PullUrSlip

I have found Cranked to be too random, and for players who care about their K/D, is not the best selection of a playlist. Yes, the games do go by quickly. However, the games are too random to be sure that you will win every round with the K/D you want. Clearly I care about maintaing my K/D, don't make fun of me . Basis of this entire reply is that my clan and myself do not prefer the Cranked playlist. We do have a few members who enjoy playing it, but personally it is not my forte. Below are some Pro's and Con's I have found about the Cranked playlists.

Pro's of playing Cranked:

1) Faster games.

2) Faster in-game XP, if you score well consecutively.

3) Less camping due to the death timer.

Con's of playing Cranked:

1) Matches are too random.

2) More quitters in this game type than any other.

3) Sets you off your game from normal paced gametypes, aka. "Cranked Goggles".

I appreciate the feedback!

-Slip

Patrick Ewing (pullurslip) on Twitter

clan vs clan is a joke, there is no incentive to play. I miss league play so much and this thing was suppose to replace it, yeah right it sucks. Nothings is banned, maps are too big, and the gamemodes are trash. Just copy 3arc, please

when you said

It also requires you to have 4 Clan members to play in the playlist, thus resulting in 400XP towards your clan per game.

I think that you can play this playlist by yourself. i was in a match today and when the matchmaking was going on it teamed our 4ppl with a group of 3ppl and then 1 person came a little while later.

PullUrSlip

That statement is false. When you are online, attempt to play the Clan Wars playlist. It will not allow you to even start searching for a game in the playlist until you have scrounged up 3 additional players from your clan. You cannot play the clan wars playlist with 3 random players who are not in your clan, nor can you play with a different clan in the playlist. The 3 players joining, then 1 additional player coming later was probably a connection issue if anything. That clan would not have been able to search without having 4 members to search with.

-Slip

Sources: Personal Experience

https://twitter.com/pullurslip

LifeSong1

Here's the thing. The Best game mode to level up your clan depends on the clan. There isn't one mode that is best for everyone. My team may suck at Cranked so playing that doesn't level us up very fast because we aren't winning.  Find the mode that you are good at winning in and play that. The more wins you earn the more it helps the clan.  Clan vs Clan is the same way...if you have trouble winning in that mode then don't play it as you aren't really helping.

itzESPO

If you are looking for shear win percentage then infected is the way to go. My clan plays this for fun to goof off but it's extremely difficult to lose so we actually end up getting good cxp.

mwfan55

itzESPO wrote:

If you are looking for shear win percentage then infected is the way to go. My clan plays this for fun to goof off but it's extremely difficult to lose so we actually end up getting good cxp.

how does the winning count on infected? lets say a team of 6 go into an infected lobby, on what bases will your clan get xp?