1 2 3 4 Previous Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 3:45 PM by nuttin2say Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

So according to you winning gameplay is stupid... its much more important to care about how much I die and lose... lmao.  You keep on reinforcing everything I keep saying about campers you don't care about the win whatsoever.  Me and my team gave 3 straight losses and an eventual dashboard to a clan full of people with 3+ k/ds and 7+ W/L.  We ate plenty pf deaths in the process but won all the same and they were pissed... In similar lobbies I'm guessing you sit back and eat the loss or simply back your team about before the game even starts I'm guessing.  Who's better?

• 11. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

Im better! lol

• 12. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

Your just another terrible camper that will sit back go positive and cry about something or other when we run right over you.  My team has lost a single Dom game in ghosts about 200 in... What makes you so special that your going to be number 2?  Dom is my game, it was in BO2 and before that... My problem with campers is that yes they do make the game frustrating.  But not in a way that's relevant at all.  I can't tell you how many games I've been in holding B protecting the 2 cap and not a single person comes the entire game even though 6 people are on the other team.  All of them are campers they are all waiting for someone else to go for the objective but being that they are all campers no one ever does.  Sure they can pretty effectively protect against a 3cap, but all this does is further lengthen a completely boring game.  The fact that they took the time limit out of Dom only adds to this.

• 13. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

Lol you have no idea what kind of player I am, but if your giving up 40 deaths willingly, I like my odds.

• 14. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
                ghamorra

Sounds to me like you exaggerate a lot. Also, I highly doubt you win as much as you claim if 40 deaths is norm for you. You must be playing against so real trash if you're consistently pulling off wins with that many deaths, which doesn't say much about you.

• 15. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
                  RunAndGun1

Palm76 wrote:

I think it's extremely funny how you provide this insight into the camping mindset and give us a highly detailed explanation of COD tactics. You probably want us to think your some kind of COD master tactician. It shows you have no life and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands. It's also a sign you take something as simple as a videogame way too serious. Maybe you should get out more and interact with the world.

He gave excellent insight and advice into playing Ghosts, and you attack him for taking the time to lay out his ideas for us? I think it is YOU who takes yourself too seriously. The OP was being of service by sharing his experiences and ideas. You, on the other hand, merely passed judgment on a complete stranger. Feel better about yourself, do you?

• 16. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

You seem to be under the impression that because Ghamorra is playing his role in a way that you disagree with then the rest of his team must be playing in the same manner. That's just not the case. I've played with him quite a bit and depending on the game mode, everyone on the team had a role to fill. Ghamorra likes to anchor and is extremely good at what he does. That leaves the rest of the team to focus on their job, be it playing around the middle of the map or around B and locking down that section, or pushing up near the enemy's spawn/flag and keeping them pinned down. If a team member happens to push too far into enemy territory and the spawns flip then Ghamorra is there to clean them up and restore order.

It's not a difficult concept to understand and you seem to be intent on trying to twist what he's saying. You claim to be successful by continuously throwing yourself on the B flag and that may work with a bunch of uncooordinated randoms but just understand that there are different strategies that can be employed in this game and when you come across a team that communicates and sticks to their roles and areas then I think you'll find that it's pretty tough to win against them.

• 17. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

Have some respect for this guy as he has taken his time to convey his thoughts on camping. He has 1000s of posts and is a veteran poster here. Nowadays kids are disrespectful imo, especially the self righteous rushers.

• 18. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)
                        phxs72

Sorry dude but DOM is my game.  I'd let you borrow it just to be nice but 40 deaths with any regularity tells me that you haven't mastered it.  Understand I'm a flag capping guru and I work the whole map.  I have seen your throw everything at the flag tactic work.  It generally succeeds when the other team gets so distracted by killing you that they lose sight of capping flags.  It rarely ever has worked on me though because I work the flags all day and know how to kill along the way.  I don't mind folks using that tactic so much because it means that I'm going to have some help on those flags but to keep from getting destroyed by enemy killstreaks you are going to need at least one person (probably two) focusing on getting kills to keep the enemy from building up long killstreaks.  Personally, I appreciate having an anchor on my team just because it simplifies the game.  Not having to worry so much about my backside lets me focus on what's in front of me and do what I do best.  I can understand why you might not want to play the anchor role but that doesn't make it worthless.  The OP isn't telling you that this is how you personally need to play.  He's merely explaining his playstyle.  Every team has roles that have to be filled.  It takes a variety of people and playstyles to make a successful team.

• 19. Re: Inside the mind of a camper (Part 2)

Only question I have here is, why call the thread inside the mine of a camper?

You talk about controlling areas of the map and providing support to team members. That is just good gameplay. To me a camper is someone that sits in the corner of a room with a shotgun or SMG waiting for a victim to run past their line of fire.

The whole point of sniper rifles and LMGs is to dominate an area of the map and deny it to the opposition.

However apart from Team Deathmatch, it only works if the team you play with cooperate (i.e. if everyone sits on the home flag in domination the opposition take the other two and you lose).

1 2 3 4 Previous Next