18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 8:31 PM by Gerbera RSS

Cod ghosts has the worst MP - Complaint

bloodyman2103

In my opinion, Infinity ward screwed up the entire Call of duty franchise. They wanted to "improve" the multiplayer from Call of duty. Well, you know what Infinity ward? You did the opposite. You made the camper world bigger. And I'm not gonna say that I'm the best COD player of all, but not the worst as well. I experienced COD for about 5 years now and I became good at this game. With good I mean being able to rush through the map and killing enemies. My average kill streak is mostly 10 per life. My average kills are mostly 20 - 30 kills and approximately 10 - 15 deaths per game. But since COD ghosts, I'm not being able to get those high killstreaks or many kills in a match. And you know why? Because the health is way too low. Infinity ward reduced the health in MW3, which had not that huge effect. After a few matched I got used to it. But in this game they reduced it again and now it's to low. How long does it take until you are death? 2-3 bullets? That's insane. When you got shot in your back in previous Call of duty's, you could just turn around and with some luck/skill you could defeat your opponent. But in this game not anymore. To win a gunfight between you and your opponent, you need luck in this game. COD Ghosts doesn't require skill anymore. It's not about who shoots first, even though you're highly damaged, you could still be killed. The spawns are messed up as well. The first game I played on COD ghosts, I got spawn killed 6 times. After that, I noticed I spawned in front of an enemy or an enemy spawned behind me. Well done Infinity ward, great "Improvement". I'm so looking forward to the next Call of duty game made by treyarch because they know how to Improve the multiplayer without screwing it up. Take a look at Black ops 2. They added a new way of Customizing your weapon classes, added Cod-casting, added League play etc. And you know what the best part is? The spawn system was not messed up at all, the health was the same as usual and there were less campers because the assassin perk was less overpowered. I know Infinity ward won't read this disscussion at all, but here might be some tips which could actually make your game more "amusing":

- Increase the health

- Add a notification when you have something unlocked (Like in MW and Black ops series, there was always standing "new" next to your classes or barracks when you unlocked something knew and it would bring you to the thing you've unlocked)

- Fix the spawn system and make sure you don't spawn in a close range of an enemy.

I know that there will be people who have read this would probably say that I'm wrong or something, so feel free to drop your own opinion about this. And thanks for taking the time to read all this.

• Re: Cod ghosts has the worst MP - Complaint

...........another unreliable thread that's not helping with problems that Ned to be fix

Izjar11

In my opinion, Infinity ward screwed up the entire Call of duty franchise.

Drama, seems to be inherited with COD players today.

You made the camper world bigger.

They made the rusher think, something not easy to indulge in from the reading.

And I'm not gonna say that I'm the best COD player of all, but not the worst as well. I experienced COD for about 5 years now and I became good at this game

I'll stop right here with my response to your exaggerated post.

If you were "good" what ever that means, you would not be complaining about where this game is headed or the changes made. Sorry, your post speaks allot about how you play the game, and with all sincerity it doesn't sound good at all.

You may think the post exaggerated, but the OP is not alone in their sentiments.  This game is - for quite a number of people - hugely frustrating.  Why?  Well, here goes:

1.  Maps are too big.  This is not a problem per se, but combined with the seemingly random spawns, this makes for a disaster.  No matter what one does, (sneaking, running - whatever) a random pops up and shoots you in the back.

In MW1 (CoD4), if the opposition held one side of the map, spawning took place on the other end - at least away from the opposition.  This gave a sense of 'sides' to the map, and it was wonderful to see a battle evolve as parts of the map were taken then lost etc.  Ghosts seemingly spawns people at random locations, robbing any sense of battling to hold or take the battle-space, and as a result the game experience feels very random.

2.  The maps have too many through ways, and too much clutter.  Stormfront is a good example of a poorly designed MP map.  This approach to map design makes for a camper's paradise.  One or two campers is fine, but there are now too many.  Why is this a problem?  Because whilst players are camping, they are not playing the objective (unless it's TDM) and therefore don't contribute to team play. 

Also, it's very depressing when, time and again, you work around to the objective only to have a camper get a cheap kill.  Why continue playing the objective when this happens so often?

3.  Killed too easily.  Actually, I have no problem with this, because I normally play hardcore, but seemingly a lot of people don't like this.  Why?  Because when you start to be hit, you can do nothing since you are dead already.  Combined with the random spawning, this is, again, very frustrating.

You may simply respond "don't be a noob - adapt!".  I may not be the best player, but I'm no noob to MP gaming.  I cut my teeth playing Doom on LAN years ago, got into CoD from the outset, and started playing CoD MP with MW1.  I've also been playing the BF series for seven years (so yes, I know about tactics and 'intelligent' playing etc).  If I was that bad at MP gaming, I'd have given up long ago.  But never in all my years have I encountered such poor MP game design (map and spawn) as we see in Ghosts.

Some of you may 'get' this iteration of CoD, but it's beyond me.  If I could be bothered to stick with this, I may improve.  But I paid good money to be entertained, and not to be frustrated all the time.  And this is the problem for the franchise; there are better games around and players who don't have the time or energy to keep banging their heads against this brick wall are simply going to defect.

I'm seemingly not alone in the above opinions.  Unless someting is done to give the game wider appeal beyong a cadre of seeming 'super players' the franchise will simply die.  I'm sad about this because I really don't want that to happen.

You may respond "well goodbye then".  But  if we all took that attitude, given the number of annoyed and frustrated people out there, the CoD community will end up haemorrhaging players.   Would you want that?

Izjar11

To sum all that you wrote: Play something else.

1- Yes the maps are large, and?

2- Clutter, yes, and?

3- TTK is better than ever, and?

You dont have to adapt, or change, just stop playing the game man. Why speak of a game like this and still play it?

To answer your 'and?' questions, read my post - you will find the answers there.  Beyond being rhetorical, your comments lack argument and content.  But let me help you by précising the arguments in a nutshell:

People have spent a lot of hard-earned cash on a game experience which they find to be unplayable.  (We are not talking about inflexible noobs here - we are talking seasoned gamers with experience across a multitude of FPS genres and game styles, so this is a problem beyond merely adopting a different playing style - the problem is deeper than that). 

This provides two sources of anger.  First, wasting a lot of money.  Second, a deeply frustrating gaming experience.

So, these gamers are venting their anger on the forum - you may not like that, but that's the way it is.  The maps we are stuck with, but spawning is something the developers can change.  So, with luck, by highlighting these difficulties in the forum, the feedback can be acted upon by IW.

If gamers took your advice and stopped playing Ghosts, the CoD franchise would lose a significant proportion of players in one fell swoop.  I assume this is something the community would prefer to avoid.

simonm

MajorMess wrote:

1.  Maps are too big.  This is not a problem per se, but combined with the seemingly random spawns, this makes for a disaster.  No matter what one does, (sneaking, running - whatever) a random pops up and shoots you in the back.

In MW1 (CoD4), if the opposition held one side of the map, spawning took place on the other end - at least away from the opposition.  This gave a sense of 'sides' to the map, and it was wonderful to see a battle evolve as parts of the map were taken then lost etc.  Ghosts seemingly spawns people at random locations, robbing any sense of battling to hold or take the battle-space, and as a result the game experience feels very random.

totally agree , this worked out great in the beginning of cod but over the years its gotten worse and worse .

and when revenge spawning was introduced , thats when all hope was lost

Izjar11

I have mixed feelings as well with the revenge spawn system, yet it appears in other online games more than ever. A trend to balance the games? I dont know, but its not going away very soon.

nuttin2say

simonm wrote:

MajorMess wrote:

totally agree , this worked out great in the beginning of cod but over the years its gotten worse and worse .

and when revenge spawning was introduced , thats when all hope was lost

I don't totally agree. The characterization of how spawning worked pre-MW3 is not accurate. The reason "it has gotten worse and worse" is because people assume they know/knew how the spawn logic worked when they did not. Spawn logic has always been a complaint in every COD ... because people don't really know how it works. And now, since MW3 it has been changing and not for the better, I'll grant. But the only people to blame for this ... are the people who complained about the spawn logic of pre-MW3 games.

Be careful of what you wish for ... it may come true.

deamonomic

MajorMess wrote:

You may think the post exaggerated, but the OP is not alone in their sentiments.  This game is - for quite a number of people - hugely frustrating.  Why?  Well, here goes:

2.  The maps have too many through ways, and too much clutter.  Stormfront is a good example of a poorly designed MP map.  This approach to map design makes for a camper's paradise.  One or two campers is fine, but there are now too many.  Why is this a problem?  Because whilst players are camping, they are not playing the objective (unless it's TDM) and therefore don't contribute to team play.

Also, it's very depressing when, time and again, you work around to the objective only to have a camper get a cheap kill.  Why continue playing the objective when this happens so often?

3.  Killed too easily.  Actually, I have no problem with this, because I normally play hardcore, but seemingly a lot of people don't like this.  Why?  Because when you start to be hit, you can do nothing since you are dead already.  Combined with the random spawning, this is, again, very frustrating.

You may simply respond "don't be a noob - adapt!".  I may not be the best player, but I'm no noob to MP gaming.  I cut my teeth playing Doom on LAN years ago, got into CoD from the outset, and started playing CoD MP with MW1.  I've also been playing the BF series for seven years (so yes, I know about tactics and 'intelligent' playing etc).  If I was that bad at MP gaming, I'd have given up long ago.  But never in all my years have I encountered such poor MP game design (map and spawn) as we see in Ghosts.

Some of you may 'get' this iteration of CoD, but it's beyond me.  If I could be bothered to stick with this, I may improve.  But I paid good money to be entertained, and not to be frustrated all the time.  And this is the problem for the franchise; there are better games around and players who don't have the time or energy to keep banging their heads against this brick wall are simply going to defect.

I'm seemingly not alone in the above opinions.  Unless someting is done to give the game wider appeal beyong a cadre of seeming 'super players' the franchise will simply die.  I'm sad about this because I really don't want that to happen.

You may respond "well goodbye then".  But  if we all took that attitude, given the number of annoyed and frustrated people out there, the CoD community will end up haemorrhaging players.   Would you want that?

No one is ever alone in their complaint. At any given time, for any given game, for any given complaint, there are dozens of people who would agree with it regardless of what it is. Example: New patch or hot fix = new players complaining of a sudden decrease in connectivity quality. Doesnt matter if anything was changed on the games end or not, every patch or hotfix atleast several dozen people would agree that something had changed.

rlbl

* slow clap *

Biach_Titz

I smell a troll here. 

rlbl

I stopped reading when you started to talk about your stats.  A complaint holds more weight if it is valid across the community, and not based on whether or not your KD is improving, or degrading (it is not just about you... just saying)

Black Ops 2 was garbage as well and it had really garbage maps and spawns and gun balance not to mention the guns were too weak as well. Then they told all the fans that they were wrong about everything so nothing ever got fixed.

wraithoverlord

bloodyman2103 wrote:

- Increase the health

I know that there will be people who have read this would probably say that I'm wrong or something, so feel free to drop your own opinion about this. And thanks for taking the time to read all this.

Well there is now a heavy duty playlist for all your increased health needs.

As for myself,, I will not be purchasing any more COD games until they bring back the realism of world at war, where you shoot some one and they fall, not keep running at full speed!! Body parts fly off and a gun in hand was a hell of a lot better than a knife! Ghosts needs some major overhauling, I suggest making campers explode for sitting in one area for too long or have a drone patrolling for campers. KILL THAT QUICK SCOPE CRAP!!!! (That's clearly a trick for non shooting personnel) you don't even have to aim at the person to kill them. I guess we have Youtube to thank for making everyone quick scope experts and like others before me have stated, the spawn system SUCKS! I will be moving on to Battlefield until Infinity ward/Activision get their act together.

xoMrSLAVEox

You are right about ghosts and earlier cods.

Write to that Maccabi guy, isnt he from IW or activision?

All I hear on this page from the whiners is"I cant run around like a headless chicken anymore "Waah!! Waah!! its not fair"....the main thing wrong about this game is the lag. If this was fixed you would find you didnt die so quickly.

iHattoriHanzo0

Ghosts has been more enjoyable for me than the previous 3 titles. Think IW took some big steps forward.

IndyOldGuy

What aggravates me about Ghosts is that it has the potential to be one of the best CODs yet, the hit detection is great, movement is smooth, next to zero host migrations, lag is minimal most of the time, at least for me and it never was in previous cods, it was always bad,  but, why do  these studios never learn???

I went back and played BO1, 2, MW2, and MW3 recently, they all had people sitting in corners, with claymores, bettys, headglitching, not moving, the same complaints we hear about Ghosts.

Every COD has some ridiculous BS the Devs put into the game for some reason only they know, BO had lag, along with 2nd chance and Ghost pro, BO2 had the Remington SG, the Snipers, the dreaded target finder,  pistols out shooting LMGs, unlimited C4 and EMP spam, and horrible camera angles thanks to the lightweight perk. cluttered maps with stacks of something at every corner to head glitch behind..
                                              MW3 had stupid death streaks, the Stealth Bomber and once again, bad lag, and once again,  cluttered maps with stacks of something at every corner to head glitch behind.....MW2 had Danger close, one man army NOOb tube crap, commando kinfie lunge, heartbeat sensors, last stand,

Now we come to ghosts and what do they do, they don't learn from past mistakes, they bring back the thing that IMO ruined MW2, danger close!!

The noob tubes and C4 with Danger close are out in full force, and once again, they give players superhuman speed with agiility, which screws up the camera angles again, SMG and SG users already run faster than other weapon loadouts, so why???

And once again, you can be shooting a guy who is 10 feet from you, and be knife lunged instantly, ridiculous...

Then they add the OP Thermal scope, with such clarity and Zoom, and apparently they didn't learn from BO2, so they throw in the tracker sight for good measure.....

All the cods had some crap maps, in Ghots we get 2 of the absolute worst in Free fall and stormfront, but need I mention, crisis, downturn, aftermath, turbine, and on and on

THEY NEVER LEARN!!!

IMO, Ghosts is a solid game that runs fairly well,  that has once again, a load of crap put into it that  the players choose to use.

It's not the game itself,  for the most part, its the players that make the gameplay bad,  by using the crap the Devs put in the game,

My 2 Cents..

Gerbera

Danger Close all by itself isn't that big a deal really.

What really boosted it up in MW2 was the fact that when combined with One Man Army or the old version of Scavenger, it gave the user essentially an "unlimited" supply of powered-up explosives or Launcher ammo.

In Ghosts, however, Scavenger does not resupply lethal equipment except for the Throwing Knife and One Man Army isn't around, so players are left with a very limited supply of explosives and Launcher ammo. Even the under barrel grenade launcher takes up the lethal equipment slot as well, so if you were to use as many explosives as you could in one class, then all you'd have is...

1.) 2 Kestat or Panzerfaust, or 12 MK32 (small radius from my experience, and the burst fire more or less makes it just 6 rounds)

2.) A couple lethal equipment either way. (2 grenade launcher OR 2 Frag/Semtex/IED/C4/Canister Bomb, and would require the use of Extra Lethal if using equipment rather than the launcher)

3.) 2 Thermobaric grenades (doesn't do much damage either way, and would require points to use Extra Tactical)
                                                  4.) 2 MAAWS (requires running Support Killstreaks).

...and no way to refill any of that stuff unless you die and requires you to sacrifice the use of other things.

IndyOldGuy

True enough, but these guys seem to die right after they run out of 'nades' and then start all over again all throughout the game..

but main point wasn't just abut tubes, its how the DEVs never seem to learn from their 'mistakes'

Gerbera

Not like most do it on purpose though, probably, given how much people seem to think their CoD K/D somehow will make them superior to others in real life.

I'd only consider it a "mistake" if either One Man Army was also in Ghosts or Scavenger was still the way it was back then and resupplied lethal equipment. Otherwise, Danger Close all by itself isn't so bad as it's not exactly a "must-use" Perk without One Man Army or the old Scavenger. Only class I ever see it on regularly is the Riot Shield/C4 class and they're really only seen often on Search and Destroy which I don't really play much of anyway.

When you got shot in your back in previous Call of duty's, you could just turn around and with some luck/skill you could defeat your opponent. But in this game not anymore. To win a gunfight between you and your opponent, you need luck in this game.

Cotradicting yourself there, aren't you?

Anyhow, being shot in the back and dying is exactly as it should be. Sounds like you need to improve your FPS awareness and skill.

nicedrewishfela

So, change it because you can't adjust?

Glad that folks aren't able to just run around like headless chickens anymore getting kills.

Those of us who move around the map with awareness have no trouble dealing with campers.

nuttin2say

TBH, I don't think tubes, Danger Close, or the old scavenger were mistakes. That's just incidental stuff. Those are still player vs player aspects of the game.

I don't know. The more I look at the old games and the more I look at Ghosts, the more I find myself having to swallow a reality pill I admittedly do not like having to taste.

Call of Duty began the downward spiral when we left the 3-5-7 streak reward system on the ash-heap of history. It isn't the perks, it isn't the parties/clans, it isn't the maps, it isn't the campers. What's finally caught up to Call of Duty is the orgy we've had with these higher end streak rewards. And, though I've tended to favor recycling the streak rewards ... maybe that isn't such a good idea after all. You can always hold onto them. Call them in at the right moment. That takes more skill than earning 18 unanswered kills in TDM and letting the streak reward finish the match for you. Or earning a KEM that can also end a match.

I say this because, though Ghosts is far more of a gun vs gun game than we've had since COD4, it still has incentives toward a specific style of game play. BO2 was non-stop RnG ... but the truth is, Ghosts supports a stationary player. To be frank, BO2 supported a stationary player. People think that the removal of stealth perks from BO2 "ended" the camper, but it didn't. It made the camper more powerful than ever because he had streak rewards and sights and all sorts of other things that made him more powerful than ever.

And that's where the ultimate problem lies, IMO. Call of Duty might have always been an arcade shooter, but it was always a First Person arcade Shooter. This is still not a player vs player game. It's a player vs tracker sight game. It's a player vs. IED game. COD has been a defense weighted game for years now. You saddle up with five other players so that you're back is covered. Your team stacks the streak rewards so that one guy's reward supports another guy in earning his streak reward. That's defense. That's not offense. Back when someone camped as a sniper, they had four claymore's sure. But that camper could still be flanked. Not because of the map layout, but because the camper/sniper didn't have four different types of radar at his disposal. He had a UAV for 30 seconds and those four claymores and when he ran out of all those, he had to rely upon his gut instincts, his eyes, and his ears.

Ghosts doesn't provide that. Call of Duty hasn't provided that level of intensity since WaW.

We've "progressed" into a "my bonus" vs "your bonus" game that's weighted toward defensive play. The gun on gun action is still not here in Ghosts.

stumpsigpi

BBlah, blah, blah, blah...... 

XxMaMs_R_UsxX

Does anyone from the company even take notice of these posts? as to comment on what you said i think your right, But me as a woman whom plays MW2 and ghost, The worst thing about this game is the verbal and sexual abuse that me and some of my female members get every time we go online. And the hacking of games is so bad, More so when the clan wars are on. They realy need to sort this hacking problem out. Or dump the lot of the hackers in a lobby together away from people who dont hack.

Gerbera

Sadly, that's what makes online multiplayer infamous; the anonymity of the internet. It both allows people to be who they really are (which can be both good and bad), but also allow people to act differently too for whatever reason (resulting in many trolls). Aside from that, it also makes it very hard to tell if it's one or the other.

Sadly, it's also not unique to CoD, but everyone online. When such people learn anything about others, from basics like gender to anything deeper, they'll use it to try to knock you down and make themselves appear "superior" since they know they won't suffer any real life consequences for it (at least not without taking it TOO far).

I really just pity such people.