1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 112 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2014 1:59 PM by -=target=- Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
        nuttin2say

Spot on phxs.

G, that's why I said the Pro Skilled Camper and the Thinker are exactly alike except for their method. Frankly, in my opinion, either one of those guys can perform in either role. The Pro Skilled Camper can be a Thinker rusher and a Thinker rusher can be a Pro Skilled Camper. And they can do it at any time and at any location on the map - at will. That means they do it when and where they want to, not because the other team is somehow forcing it. Think about that. That means they have to have really good skills because they are not only going to be taking on the regular heads up battles, but flankers and multi-prong attacks.

And they KNOW it.

And they are not in any way intimidated by those realities.

They can use any weapon just as easily as the next. At the end of the day, their choice of perks do not matter to them. At the end of the day, their choice of streak rewards does not matter. These guys are playing for the mental stimulation: "I will win at ALL costs ... but I like getting way more than what I paid for." In other words, they get a LOT of 20+ kill TDM matches and a lot of objective mode wins. In KC, the PSC or the Thinker, doesn't matter, will not give a rats arse if a teammate is sad because the teammate didn't get to pick up the 3 tags the teammate caused. If the teammate is risking losing those tags, the PSC and the Thinker are going to grab those tags. Your feelings be dammed, the win is at stake. Same goes in other modes. Dom? Same thing. They'll jump on flag in a heartbeat if it isn't being capped fast enough ... but just as likely, they'll be the only player around for half the width of the map capping a flag all by their lonesome.

It takes an incredible amount of forethought and planning for these guys to perform to their personal satisfaction. Yet, they have back-up plans to the back-up plans. They know every single move taking place on the map without needing to see a single red dot. They know these things because of one reason and one reason alone ...

... they study people.

They constantly make mental notes of plays or tactics they've not seen before. If they fail to figure out a counter this match? No problem. They'll just go back and review what the other player or other team did and find a flaw. They'll spend hours trying to find that flaw if necessary ... and in the future, they won't fail again.

If the game is lagging? In their minds, it is something on their end first. May not be, but they assume it is first. If they die? It is some mistake they made, not something the other player did that was cheap.

That's the way the best rushers think and it is the way the best campers think: Oh, I made a mistake. Let me figure out how I let that happen.

• 31. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
          phxs72

That we did

• 32. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
            adw1983

Two players camping.

Same outcome.

Three players.

The same outcome.

Six players: Campers are still at a serious advantage.

I simplified the example to illustrate the problem.

I was sure everyone knew multiplication with numbers below 10, but alas.

• 33. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
              phxs72

Very true.  We don't look for excuses as to why we died.  We consider what we can do the next time to not die and/or have a bigger impact.  Lag, attachments, whatever ... it doesn't matter what caused it.  We are going to find a way around it and that is a big part of the fun for us.  It's not often that I see something new strategy wise in a match but sometimes it happens.  Sometimes I don't have an answer for it right away but you know that I'm going to have one ready for the next time.  In fact, I'll go several matches with a class setup in my back pocket just hoping that somebody pulls that strategy out on me again.  And when it happens the satisfaction of turning it against them is priceless.

• 34. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
                Izjar11

Good post,

Dont really have much to add but that.

I just find it funny though, when I see a guy run by me without realizing it. You would think they are competing in a 200M race

• 35. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
                  phxs72

Yep.  I blame the restricted field of view for it.  I've heard that the FOV is a lot better on the PS4 and if it's true then I'm looking forward to moving to the PS4 next year.

• 36. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
                    nuttin2say

adw1983 wrote:

Two players camping.

Same outcome.

Three players.

The same outcome.

Six players: Campers are still at a serious advantage.

I simplified the example to illustrate the problem.

I was sure everyone knew multiplication with numbers below 10, but alas.

Right. Your math is just profoundly genius. Why, just imagine what happens when there are 11 campers in a match! Holy cow! Or, better yet, I wonder how you specifically handle 12 campers in a match.

Seriously dude. If you really believe that EVERY match or even a majority of matches has six campers in it, you need to go back to Donkey Kong or Pac Man. No, wait. That's too complicated for you, as well. Too many colors on the screen - that don't move, too!

Try ... well, you could probably do well with Tic Tac Toe. Hey, and you don't even need a console or PC to play that game. Good luck finding a lobby though.

Crap. I just realized that people "camp" when playing tic tac toe, as well. They take more than half second to mark an X or an O?

Tic Tac Toe camper.

• 37. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
                      Megadog14

Dude you should try playing a Battleship camper, they complain so much if you move your ships! I mean, they need to learn how to play!

• 38. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
                        deamonomic

Its how you break team camps. I find out where one of them is, kill him, and see how they respond. I might die a few times, 2 or 3, but after that I will have it down. Ill go in there kill that guy again, turn and kill the guy thats going to rush my from the left, dash out and kill 2 others before they can properly respond

• 39. Re: Inside the mind of a Rusher (part 1)
                          BlackMetroid95

I find this impressive phxs. I do EVERYTHING you stated to the letter- with the exception of only running silencers. I don't always, but I do often. I rush with every gun I could- albeit differently for each class..

SMG- Head on Attack

AR/MR- Flanking/ Edges of maps

LMG- Slower version of SMG rushing

On every class I have I only use speed perks, and I never use Off the Grid. That analysis is truly impressive...a perfect compliment to ghamorra's camper analysis.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next