1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 112 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2014 11:12 AM by bullclaws Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
        KTPhoenix

How about you leave both the C4 and riot shield alone and learn to play against it like a good evolving player instead of acting like all the other thumb sucking, want their hand held all the time whiners?

IW is taking off the training wheels this game so you have to start fending for yourself. They should not be obligated by every whiner to change things just because the player cant beat it or gets killed by it all the time.

They finally made the riot shield actually worth using this time and i think that is why you have problem. In previous games, it was just about pointless to use the shield considering how easy it was to kill the people using it. But now with all these combos, it actually looks worthwhile to use and since you are complaining about it like that, that only gives more incentive to use it.

Key thing here, who cares? I have only seen 1 person since the day of release use a riot shield and get a kill with it. It is NOT an epidemic that needs a cure. It is fine the way it is.

• 51. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
          Bielsalmighty

I find explosives to be very effective actually, even without DC.

Something in the game is effective, and it has a counter. What a shocker, what a novelty! It would be so much better if there was NO counter, or everyone was restricted to the same bloody stuff! You might as well play Chess and whinge when your opponent makes heavy use of his Rooks and refuse to use your Bishops/Queen/Knights to counter them.

• 52. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
            WKMMS

I really don't see why they keep bringing back the riot shield.  The only people who seem to use it are trolls from what I see. 

• 53. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
              I_Am_Tsukuyomi

why dont they just make it to where penetration rounds can penetrate the riot sheild then they would make it seem real that would also make it easy to fix and would make a way around the bs

• 54. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                thebiindsniper

Because that would render the riot shield useless.  The only thing that should be limited is the equipment usage with the shield--not the entire shield itself.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 55. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                  KTPhoenix

thebiindsniper wrote:

Because that would render the riot shield useless.  The only thing that should be limited is the equipment usage with the shield--not the entire shield itself.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

I have to completely disagree. Why should the equipment for the riot shield be limited? It is not limited with any other primary weapon in the game so why should the shield be different?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

• 56. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?

I am glad they are effective for you but I could be directly on them and they don't have Blast Shields and I still get a hit marker. Explosives aren't effective they are for clearing out rooms or anti-infantry or they are used for shooting down vehicles so far they seem to be only taking out vehicles. I wish they were effective as they were in MW2 and no I don't want one man army or scavenger. The explosives in MW2 were effective with or without Danger Close and that's how they should be you shouldn't be getting hit markers for something that blow up an enemy in two in real life.

• 57. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                      Bielsalmighty

Right, see, now we are at an impasse. One of us says one thing, one of us says another. All I'm going to point to now is the number of people calling IEDs OP (easily counterable mind you) and the fact that this very thread incorporates an explosive into the complaint. People dont complain about something thats useless. People complain about things that are either legitimately OP (rare) or things that are effective which they refuse to counter (a lot more common). How does the riot shield guy kill you? With C4? That would suggest that explosives are far from useless.

• 58. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?
                        thebiindsniper

The riot shield's greatest feature is it's defensive capabilities.  With the equipment usage as fast as it is, the equipment gives more offensive capabilities to the shield than it needs.  That's like saying the shotgun should one shot kill people from across the map.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 59. Re: How should the devs fix the riot shield + C4 epidemic?

You know, I might agree if these "defensive capabilities" you talk always worked and I wasn't exposed half the time I should be covered. And the "defensive capabilities" you talk about come with a price that will get you killed: slow speed, cracked glass, heavily (even more so) connection dependent, and ZERO RANGE.

I find it funny that as soon the riot shield becomes viable it is deemed overpowered. That is just sad. The only range the riot shield has is absurdly close range, and it can't even do that by itself. It has to rely on equipment. And what makes this even more amusing is that the riot shield loadout  has occurred a not insignificant amount of nerfs since MW2. And yet you people think it is OP and try to put arbitrary restrictions on it.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next