1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2013 8:08 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
        NoLifeKing32

Core Ghosts is the first COD since COD4 that provided a better experience than Hardcore. Heavy Duty however, will not be implemented outside of its own dwindling playlist.

• 51. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game

My buddies and I tested out the Remington and the AK-12 and they're still 3-shot kills. The MSBS still kills in a single burst. I don't understand what they fixed except weakening the already weak guns.

• 52. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
            SitRepPro

They gave snipers the proverbial middle finger as they are a two shot kill in heavy duty.  I guess it makes marksman rifles pretty viable now.

• 53. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
              NoLifeKing32

And smgs and pistols even more useless.

• 54. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
                gotsomestars

This was an attempt to pacify crybabies. It might work for a week or two, but then they complain about something else.

On a side note, the amount of health someone has or doesn't have does not dictate whether they camp or not. The whole "everyone camps" thing is blown way out of proportion.

• 55. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
                  KTPhoenix

kmac1999 wrote:

I like the implemation of Heavy duty playlist but why can't they just make it into all of the playlists?

Because adding HD to all the playlists would be the same thing as adding juggernaut to all the playlists and by doing so they would most likely have to put stopping power back in because that perk counters juggernaut.

Everything in this game has to have a counter. Heavy Duty is only a game type that pretty much has juggernaut built in but there is no counter, which is fine because it is only 1 game type and we have the choice of whether or not we want to play it. But if you put it in ALL game types then you would HAVE to put stopping power back in just to counter that since it is exactly like juggernaut.

That would not be a smart move on IW part. They already brought back DC (im a tuber but i dont like using this perk since i play HC) and i am already seeing people complaining about that even though the counter to that is ballistic vests, blast shield and even the health regen perk.

And they better not even touch HC with that crap. We in the HC community got screwed over enough as it is.

• 56. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
                    maccabi

KTPhoenix wrote:

And they better not even touch HC with that crap. We in the HC community got screwed over enough as it is.

This so much this...

Given the amount of guns rendered next to useless by HD how long before the playlist gets swamped with a few weapons that work and people just running with deadeye and extended mags

• 57. Re: Heavy duty playlist has saved the game
                      rankismet

killabig wrote:

To go as far as saying that this is the first Cod playable since Cod4 is way too much. All the other games were playable, they may have had their annoyances, but with time one could adapt and there wasn't too much of a significant difference between them. I notice how quickly i die in this game, and to me that is a problem. Being an objective-rushing player for years, i cannot sit back and camp, that is just not me so the TTK in this game is a problem. I understand if you are speaking from a defensive player/ hardcore player point of view, but it just doesn't work for me.

There is a way to rush tactically and play the objective, all one needs is enough map knowledge, and a general idea of where the enemy will be. However, that is not enough in this game considering taking cover, or running is not an option. That's why i found Heavy-duty to my liking.

Perhaps this game was aimed to target the more defensive approach, but then again i thought a majority of players preferred fast paced action.

Not really... I could go into a dissertation about what made Core unplayable in titles post-COD4 but there's no need. It's my opinion.

Nothing about the playlist encourages tactical play. Map knowledge really means nothing, too. Why? Because you are freaking bullet sponge that can have a health fairy on steroids. The playlist is so forgiving. Why even bother with a gun... knife only. I use that in Blitz and can go positive... and that's with the low TTK people are whinging over.

The TTK is exactly what makes Core playable in Ghosts.

In the end, HD is a niche of a niche playlist... and if it was how every Core playlist was?

This game would be beyond unplayable for most.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next