1 36 37 38 39 40 Previous Next 897 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2014 3:38 PM by ButterflyDream Go to original post RSS
      • 370. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
        deamonomic

        Hate to brake it to ya, but if your continually losing to a QS while using an SMG or an AR or a shot gun in CQC, your doing something wrong.

        also, the vast majority of people who play call of duty, dont have youtube accounts or the ability to upload. And at that of the ones who do have the ability to upload, only a portion of them QS, there are plenty of Youtubers who dont QS at all.

         

        You argue for balance and actually have a decent definition of balance. But the thing is that Snipers are more difficult to use the farther outside their long range domination zone you go. Upclose they are and always have been at a disadvantage. The fact that snipers can get kills upclose does not destroy the balance because AR's, can get kills at any range, so can SMG's, So can pistols, So can Tubes and RPG's, Throwing knifes, tomahawks, LMG's, Marksman. Infact the only weapons in the game that cant regularly go outside their main zone are shotguns and theres an attachment for that. So honestly, it would be stranger for them to not allow snipers to be able to kill upclose.

         

        You admit that QS have lower K/D. They have a lower K/D because they regularly lose out in CQC. They regularly lose out because they are at a disadvantage.

         

        Everyone always claims that QS is cheap, yet they are no issue when it comes to dealing with them. Its funny. QS is OP yet no one has trouble killing the QS player. QS is unbalanced because it can do the same thing every single weapon class in the game can do, and thats get kills outside its intended domination range.

         

        You guys want to know the true reason QS is not gone? Because most of the arguments against QS are pure BS. Most people who hate QS want it gone not because it gives the sniper an advantage, not because it breaks the balance or that its too easy to do. The majority want it gone for the same reasons people want camping, drop shotting, halo jumping, spray N Pray, and just about everything else everyone claims is broken and wants removed.

         

        For those that claim QS are ruining the game. they are not. your doing that to yourself. Just like the people who hate campers are ruining the game for themselves by holding a grudge about it. Just like people who cant get past any playstyle they dont like. The CoD community is poisoning itself.

        • 371. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
          nuttin2say

          I played for about three hours this evening and I'm scratching my head.

           

          I didn't see any camping or quick scoping problems whatsoever. Yes, even after the patch, quick scoping is still in the game. Nonetheless, I just did not see that many people doing it. Heck, there were far more QSers in BO2 than there are in Ghosts.

           

          And camping??? Where?? I can't recall so little camping in a Call of Duty game. Ever.

          • 372. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
            iivrruummii

            deamonomic wrote:

             

            The majority want it gone for the same reasons people want camping, drop shotting, halo jumping, spray N Pray, and just about everything else everyone claims is broken and wants removed.

            Ya because if you have any advantage it somehow makes the game unbalanced.

            • 373. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
              W_E_A_P_0_N_11_

              i like your points you make, but i do not feel that people want QS gone for the reason you mentioned

               

              QS is not per say "easy" it does take some practice, but with that practice, you can become efficient at QS. with that being said, the problem with that is it is a 1 shot kill at any range, and with a practiced sniper, it does beat out smgs and AR's i cant count how many times ive shot a sniper at point blank range and they were able to black scope me, or quick scope me.. that is the problem.. I agree most snipers are very good and alot of QS they do is most of the time pure luck.. I personally do not get QS that much, but i do recognize the faulty ness of it in the game

               

              any gun can kill at any range, but its not just about that either, its about TTK.. 1 shot at any range with a sniper the player is dead.. and AR, MR, LMG, PIStol, SMG  still have to pump bullets into player to get the kill... snipers dont

              • 374. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                deamonomic

                W_E_A_P_0_N_11_ wrote:

                 

                i like your points you make, but i do not feel that people want QS gone for the reason you mentioned

                 

                QS is not per say "easy" it does take some practice, but with that practice, you can become efficient at QS. with that being said, the problem with that is it is a 1 shot kill at any range, and with a practiced sniper, it does beat out smgs and AR's i cant count how many times ive shot a sniper at point blank range and they were able to black scope me, or quick scope me.. that is the problem.. I agree most snipers are very good and alot of QS they do is most of the time pure luck.. I personally do not get QS that much, but i do recognize the faulty ness of it in the game

                 

                any gun can kill at any range, but its not just about that either, its about TTK.. 1 shot at any range with a sniper the player is dead.. and AR, MR, LMG, PIStol, SMG  still have to pump bullets into player to get the kill... snipers dont

                TTK wise a sniper takes just as long to deliver a kill shot as most other weapons. Lets assume both players notice each other at the same time. Lets assume lag isnt an issue. Lets assume that they are both equal in skill and can land their shots. TTK wise by the time the sniper has aimed down his sight and fired off his one shot, the player with the AR has had enough time to aim down sight and fire off 2-3 shots. and if hes not missing, the sniper will be suffering from flinch before they can even properly ADS let alone fire off an accurate kill shot. and thats on top of the added difficulty of trying to hit a player upclose while they are moving and using a weapon class that is far easier to aim and land shots upclose to begin with.

                • 375. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                  ShocKuMzzz

                  "Why is a sniper a 1HK from any range?"

                   

                  This part made me lol. Snipers take skill to use, so why wouldn't somebody be able to put a bullet in you from 15 feet before you ready your gun?

                   

                  If a tomahawk can kill you by hitting your foot, surely snipers are 1HK's from any range.

                  • 376. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                    captain_howdy69

                    deamonomic wrote:

                     

                    ooOutraageousoo wrote:

                     

                    FPSLogic wrote:

                     

                    Will you remain grown up and civil?

                     

                    A 1HK weapon that needs accuracy, attentiveness, fast reflex, and persion in order to perform well with it requires more skill than a easy-to-handle SMG or AR.

                    Let also not forget how you must take a second reload for every bullet on the bolt action. So with the sniper if you miss once your ******, but with the SMG or AR you can continue to spray down your opponent.

                     

                    The fact that you describe QSing as being ok when your doing well blatantly displays your irrational hate for getting killed by them.

                    For goodness sake, when have I called you names or been uncivil, or not spoken in a grown up fashion?

                     

                    Please quote me properly, everything or most of the things you say I have said is false. I have never said "QSing is ok when your doing well"...

                     

                    And what on earth makes you think I have a phobia or irrational hate for getting killed by them?

                     

                    All I have basically said is, I don't like the relative unrealistic use of sniper rifles, and I'd love to see the weapon groups reflect their real life name sakes more closely...

                     

                    I don't hate or dislike quickscopers, and I have no trouble killing them, I just don't like the way Core is dominated by one weapon group through the misuse of them... As for the "trickshooters", well they are just a liability whatever team they are on...

                    But the thing is, Its not dominated. I see more people with other weapons then I see snipers. 2 players on my team with snipers? that's 4 who are using something else. I rarely come across the games where most people are sniping.

                    Just give it another month or so and that will change. Traditionally it's usually the Christmas noobs that make up the bulk of the quick-scopers each year.
                    And, as a side note, for all the people that always say stuff like "you can't trust the killcams, they're not 1:1." Maybe the killcams aren't accurate, but there's a ****-load of videos out there recorded with an elgato or some other capture device during the game showing exactly what the sniper saw while playing and a lot of those have kills that are just as questionable as most killcams.

                    • 377. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                      SitRepPro

                      ShocKuMzzz wrote:

                       

                      "Why is a sniper a 1HK from any range?"

                       

                      This part made me lol. Snipers take skill to use, so why wouldn't somebody be able to put a bullet in you from 15 feet before you ready your gun?

                       

                      His point was that all weapons suffer range issues, whether it's damage drop off for most guns or limited range for shotguns.  Perhaps if the shotguns had decent range for once may be people wouldn't use a sniper rifle like a glorified shotgun instead.

                      • 378. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                        iivrruummii

                        If shotguns had some range then people would just complain about them just as much as they do snipers right now.  People just don't like dying by a OHK weapon because they do have the chance to kill the other person unless the sniper or shotgunner misses, which is about a "50/50 chance" for any sniper or shotgunner to miss their shot not including hitmarkers.  If you throw in hitmarkers as a variable the chance of a sniper killing you period is probably around a 25% chance(at any range).  There are also many other variables that can play into effect against the sniper at any time that can drastically lower the 25% chance of killing if you throw in Ballistic Vests, multiple targets, etc.

                        • 379. Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?
                          SitRepPro

                          Then they should play a shooter where vitality is much higher like Halo.  It's not like SMGs and ARs have a maximum damage of 10 health points or anything.  Just think more on map navigation and use the environment to your advantage.  If they must play a COD game then they can play COD4 and use Juggernaut.

                          1 36 37 38 39 40 Previous Next