12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2013 7:10 PM by SavageHam RSS

Operations - 2 months is far too long...

I have been without my operations since the week of the games release, almost 2 months later after countless updates it appears that this issue is never going to be fixed.

I would like to request the means of acquiring an actual refund from your company, most stores as you know have no return policy for "broken games".  I have patiently waited for an extended period and from my dealings with the support team have very little faith that a solution is coming. 

The responses have changed very little in the past 2 months, a week ago someone was still attempting to have me do re-installs even though its been well established that this is an account based issue.

• Re: Operations - 2 months is far too long...
          svoboda1

I'm right there with you. This is beyond unacceptable and I'd imagine we'll see some minion in here spouting the "we're looking into it" company line in short notice and then lock the discussion so it can sink into oblivion like the other threads have.

Ya it really appears they are trying to just bury this issue at this point, my only thought is that they have identified the issue and just have no way of identifying who is afflicted and who isn't.  Every one of these threads gets locked and then some guy messages you asking for your Gamer-tag.

I can only assume they are doing this to try and remedy one account at a time, but I think they have grossly underestimated how many people are actually affected.  We are just the ones speaking up, but I personally know 3 others having the issue on my friends list, just scaling that up along with the fact that there is multiple videos on youtube with 1,000s of views pertaining to this its safe to say I think this deserves a more widespread fix.

But in attempts to bury the issue altogether it has only made it even harder for those affected to find answers, if a gamer-tag is needed for a fix why not patch in something to the game where players can report and request a fix for this.

I honestly don't envy the jobs of any of the support guys on here, I realize you are just middlemen and there really isn't all that much you can do.  But somehow word has to get up to someone that this is entering the realm of completely unacceptable 2 months later.  I genuinely just want a means of returning this game, I think at this point it is fair and warranted.  I'm guessing I'm not going to have much luck though judging from this liability evading gem of a quote from the Activision Support site.

"We are actively investigating this issue and hope to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please note that while you may not be able to access the Operations menu or participate in Daily Operations, this issue does not affect overall gameplay."

What a joke...

Still awaiting a response and hopefully a means of a refund...

SavageHam

Hey Oldurtay,

I understand your frustration entirely, I've personally been afflicted with this issue, but it was resolved after one of the updates. I know I can't speak on behalf of the Studio, but they have been informed of the issue, and it is being looked into. Regrettably, I don't have any details in regards to when this can be expected to be fixed.

In regards to a refund, unfortunately, we do not handle refunds and you may need to contact your retailer to discuss a refund. You have my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thanks,

^AJ

Just wanted to say my Operations were surprisingly hotfixed earlier today, I really appreciate it as much as I have been getting on you guys about a fix I figure some thanks are warranted now that I have received one.  I have some friends still affected with the issue however if someone could message me I can go ahead and give you their gamertags as well.

svoboda1

Wish they'd hotfix mine. Did you send your gamertag to someone? Not only do my operations not work, but the after match progress screens no longer work aside from the first screen.

Svoboda1 is my gamertag.

Ok i have been without my oppereations since the game released i was finally able to get them back yesterday. what i did was simply ad as a user on my sons ps3 log on on his ps3 under my account and there they were. now when i got back to my ps i was going to uninstall the game and reload but there was no need my opperations were back and i had full control once again no more selecting operations and going into a lobby so now i can finally work towards my guile suit let me know if this helps.