28 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2013 1:34 AM by Oldurtay RSS

Ridiculous knife lunge

Of all the things that irritate me about Ghosts' gameplay, the over-exaggerated knife lunges have to be the WORST. Several times, I've been a good 10 feet away from some ass-hat running around with a combat knife, and before i even get a chance to turn and shoot at him, i'm dead. Then i watch the killcam and rage ensues. I also play infected frequently, and it's even more pronounced then. I've done it myself and am shocked at how all of a sudden i get a turbo boost that takes me from trailing by a good distance to plunging the knife into a players back. In black ops and various other CODs, you had to be right on top of someone to even think about melee. A little lunge is nice, but how it is now is just unfair.

Also I might add that I've been getting dummy knives a lot recently. Standing right in front of someone, melee, knife swiped clearly at the player, and nothing happens. I would love to see the knife physics revised as it's ruining infected for me.

anybody else have these problems??

• Re: Ridiculous knife lunge
          Fang_1192

Did you play MW2? The knife and lunge are fine in this game, it was absolute crap in Blops 2, and now it locks you into an animation when you do get a kill. Lag plays a decent role as well.

starbuckfrack

Yeah. Everyone has seen these problems in all the COD games. Yours isnt the first to have a knife lunge issue.

Its created by a thing called latency.

I will post a link after this post cause links have to be "approved" before they show up.

BTW just because you stab someone right in front of you doesnt mean he actually is right in front of you. Only on your screen he is right in front of you, he could be in a totally different place even on the hosts machine or on the enemies screen.

puertoricanguy9

same happens to me..try stalker and move back as you're shooting or u knife like they do to u...as much as i hated dull knives in bo2 i wish they were in this game too because i never got panic knifed from across the map in bo2...if u actually knifed air in that game u knifed air

Knifing is perfect in this game, the combat knife is completely balanced considering that you can no longer run it in your secondary without a weapon.  If someone is running combat knife they have no weapon, meaning they have to play an extremely tactical game to be effective at all, essentially the OP is crying about a guy bringing a knife to a gunfight... seems pretty absurd to me.

I don't see what peoples problem is with so called "panic-knifing" in this game though.  I think some have just failed to adjust their playstyles accordingly.  I personally run LMG or Sniper usually with no secondary, and for anything close ranged I will make you bring the fight to me and be waiting around the corner with knife at the ready, or if I hear someone coming be waiting around whatever corner or doorway ready to meet them and catch them off-guard.

Everyone has a knife and it is your #1 close range weapon, for those that note this they come around a corner run into someone and instinctively knife, others instinctively drop shot, or jump or do whatever other ridiculously unrealistic thing you could do to in previous versions of the game to win a gun fight at a distance of 2 feet away.

Its simple if someone is that close to you and you haven't shot them yet, you screwed up and deserve to get knifed.  As far as people lunging from across the map and all sorts of other things, that would be your connection, in a stable lobby these things don't really happen.  The combat knife might have a bit of an extra lunge but as stated earlier hes just carrying a knife, so deal with it.

I feel the exact same way. This lunge knifing is extremely ridiculous. I consistently am getting panic knifed and lunge knifed by kids as I'm a run and gun type of player. I don't sit around so I'm constantly running through doors and through buildings and I will run by someone and even though I pass them or I haven't even reached them yet, they will lunge 2 to 4 feet to stab me because i come out of no where. Its stupid because Im far enough away to be aiming and shooting at them, yet they can lunge across the room and knife me? It's stupid. I loved blops2 knifing. It was almost non existent, but that was only because you would have to actually hit the person with the knife to kill them Which is how it should be. Now in this game, if I drop shot someone or lay on the ground, they can knife above me and still kill me. How does that make any sense? the knife comes no where near hitting me and I still die? on the kill cam you just see them aiming above me and completely wiffing with their knife, but they still kill me. It's really stupid. The melee knife that you have is even better then the knife when you just equip combat knife as your primary weapon. I will go around with my combat knife all the time and it is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. I'm better off just going around with a gun and knifing people that way. I can be standing right next to an enemy sniper as I came up from behind them and it will take me two to three knife attacks before I actually hit him. It's ridiculous.

jamizzle01

getting knifed suck, but i deal with it. it is MUCH MUCH better than than what it was in MW2. Sidenote... maybe we could get night vision back like in COD 4?

brsox

I absolutely hate being commando lunge panic knifed. Treyarch had it right in BO2.

TapInTheSack

I agree. It is a lot better compared to MW2's commando pro knife lunge across the map though. Plus i play on tactical, so my knife button is B as where regular game control people can just panic knife considering their finger is already hovering over the button. 

The knife is fine, in MW2 it was too much, In BO2 it was horrid.

Ya I think this game would be 10x better if they just took out the tactical button scheme, of course that wouldn't do anything about scufs but it would be a start.  Somewhere along the line skill deteriorated into how abruptly you can dive to prone and then hop up in the air and then go prone again, and combine that series of movements with a laggy connection and laugh as others attempt to shoot you....

xlwolfshirt1

Melee should never be a OHK from the front in ANY fps.  Getting knifed through gunfire has been a good source of frustration for a long time now.

xlwolfshirt1 wrote:

Melee should never be a OHK from the front in ANY fps.  Getting knifed through gunfire has been a good source of frustration for a long time now.

I really don't understand this statement.... anyone meleeing you from in front of you has run straight up to you and not only that, if its in front of you its within your line of sight.... If you have let someone into said range you either deserve to get stabbed or should be ready yourself with a knife...  If you are literally getting knifed through gunfire either your connection is horrible or you are spraying and deserve to die.  I run a combat knife especially now that Christmas noobs have started playing... its simple, anyone who is unaware of me dies, those that are somewhat skilled I have no chance against from the front and have to take an alternative route.  The only people that get mad about knifers are campers and drop shotters which are those that it is most effective against, sorry that your playstyle has a counter.

Just an added 2 cents for Christmas noobs... your footsteps sound like bigfoot running around, take that into account when I am meeting you at every doorway with my knife out.