27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 11:16 AM by Gators1125 RSS

40+ Kills in TDM?

RexxCastle

Im seeing people with 40+ kills in TDM,  how the heck do you pull that off?   For the most part i dont even SEE an enemy player 40 times in a match to even be able to kill that many.,  Shoot im lucky if i see an enemy 25 times on a normal size map

• Re: 40+ Kills in TDM?

Most of them camp. I saw an ally camper go 37-2. The final killcam was him and guess what? He was hiding in a bush with a giant lmg equipped with silencer and tracker sight. The only way to get that many kills in a match is either A.) Camp or B.) Be pro at the game.

rondre3000

LOL...seriously?

No, to get BIG scores in TDM you need some help from your Kill Streaks. That's all. You don't need to camp, and you don't need to be pro. Just play smart and cross your fingers your lobby connection is good.

There is no secret.  

TheePamino

Campers are the only types I have seen fetch close to 40 kills in a single TDM match so far. This game is seemingly custom designed for campers, as the majority of the community seem to find a spot and set up camp - I've never seen camping so rife.

The most kills I have achieved in a single TDM game thus far was 32, via running-and-gunning.

eleven1181

I Did 38-1 on tdm best score I've had on Tdm usually 25 kills is a good Tdm game for me useless My teammates are terrible.

I had two games today go 42 kills and one 46 kills. I never camp. My tactic is to generally keep my back to a wall as I move around the map so an enemy can't surprise me from behind. Paying attention to the mini-map is key too. If you're facing a bunch of blue triangles, chances are the enemy is spawning where the blue triangles aren't. Know the main paths that players run. For example on Freight if they're spawning junkyard side then they'll be travelling up on the crates or bottom Porter building to center map. My class for 30+ kills per game is this

AK-12 with grip and suppressor

No lethal, tactical, or secondary.

Sleight of Hand/Dead Silence

Sitrep

Amplify

Focus

Ready Up

Scavenger

Sentry Gun, Super Hind, Helo Pilot/LOKI

Always stay moving, learn to use your weapon proficiently(recoil, range v. damage, ADS time, mobility, wall penetration ability, reload time, etc.), learn to reload cancel, reload tactically, call in streaks tactically, know where you're gonna put your Sentry before you pull it out, high ground is better than low ground in almost every scenario, watch for the death symbol left by dead teammates, and always check your corners.

Raketti

In order to get a high amount of kills in TDM you need two things, bad teammates that do not get that many kills, and tactics that work against the enemy team.

I've had games with high amount of kills when i'm rushing with a shotgun, and also when i'm camping or patrolling with my AR.

TH3_IT

I consistently get games like 25-7 on TDM and so forth and am usually top on the scoreboard by quite a large margin.  I only use real basic assault streaks, so maybe that person got a good assault streak going and that helped them.  I'd be surprised to see anyone get that many kills with just their gun/lethals and even with a few dogs called in.  I haven't seen scores like you mentioned, ever..you probably wont see it too often either.

Sounds like to me you haven't learned these horrible spawns yet..

Not saying this is the only way, but there are guys (myself included) that know how to take advantage of the way IW likes to respawn you close to enemies with their crazy spawn system. In TDM and Cranked where the only goal is to get kills, this can be taken advantage of pretty easy. Hopefully future patches will correct this but I wouldn't count on it.

VLN

I've gotten that before. Its easier in hard core. Battle Hind, Helo, Loki. The kills streaks are the one's that get the most kills after that.(Helo)

i've got a video of me going 38-6 and another of me going 45-12 i think.  i have gone 45 and under 10 before.

i did it by knowing where they were going and cutting them off repeatedly

ak12 grip muzzle or silencer

stalker

scavenger

sleight of hand

ready up

amplify

focus

trinity missile

super hind

chopper gunner

MTEN

Its do-able without camping cuz i did it twice, first i went 43-2 and the other game was 42-6 both in the same map, it is possible if you play in a map where the other team cant hide too much just like StoneHaven where i did pooled off my scores, first of all you gotta get ur killstreak fast, mine was and still set up this way, 1 - Trinity Rocket 2 - Choper 3 - Helo Pilot so where you gonna get most of your kills is with the Helo Pilot so if you start the game and get ur streaks with ur first kills you are good to go so what happened for me is i got my killstreaks 2x so i end up with 40+ kills AND without camping...just for the record my tdm kdr is 2.94 and i run and gun all the time

rlbl

Do you need to camp? No

You do need to do 1 if not 2 of the following:

1 - play smart: not chasing enemies, not running out to the middle of open areas, not staying still in the exact same place the whole time (unless the enemy is trying to get you from the low ground and the exact same path)

2 - use streaks that will rack up kills (helps when the enemy keeps running out in front of sentries as an example)

If someone gets 30+ legit kills in TDM, it does not matter how they played: camp, rush, stick and move, hide...  the problem is not them, it is you. Period.  Be it lag, bad play, bad team, whatever. The problem is not them.

And trust me, when I do bad in TDM, I at least have the balls and maturity to now it is me or on my end.  I do not cry that the other team "did this or that".  I curse at the fact I do not have the head pro enjoyment for TDM, so I move on.  When I do play and decide to play smart, I do much better. But that is rare when I want to employ that style of play (that is just me)

It's not hard to pull off 40+ kills.. I do it numerous times without camping. . Key is to set your class up right... honey badger or something light that draws quick.. marathon. . And AMPLIFY.. that will turn this game around for ya..

lol i make 50 40 30 20 of the most in TDM just AIM!!!!! and dont get gunned and use the right weapon and the killstreaks its not hard if your good but if your not so good yeaa............. that its hard fore ya............ and yea without camping...

not difficult if your team is just camping in corners waiting for the enemy to run around a corner. I recently went 45-2 with assault streaks - sat com, rocket thingy and chopper and dropped a KEM. If your running around when everyone else is corner camping it's easy to get a lot of kills in a game of TDM.

I've done this several times without camping. I think my record is 50-8 or something like this. People on PS4 don't do anything. Most of the time my team mates gets around 10-12 kills pr. round which isn't enough to win a game, so I have to do a lot of work

red_eddie

eing on the good side, of lag comp, yes it's possible.

ghamorra

I got 38 once. It's not hard when you have morons running at me in form the same direction. The only reason I didn't have more was because I didn't have anymore ammo. I spent the last 2 minutes of that game with a pistol.

Gators1125

In black ops 2 i got 50 kills a few times and in the 40 range multiple times. But playing ghosts, I'm lucky if I even get 20 kills in a tdm match; that is if I actually stay in the game, and not rage quit from all the campers.