It has nothing to do with going positive. I can go positive with a pistol.
It has more to do with variety and having options. I like to have at least an AR, sniper, shotgun and SMG class readily available. That only leaves 2 classes in ghosts for counter classes like air support and anti riot shield. Then there's nothing left for any goof off/challenge classes. With so many options for custom classes in Ghosts, you have to be stupid to not see how it would be desirable to have more class slots. In COD 4 there weren't nearly half as many things to counter so it wasn't needed.
I am sorry, but were those games anything like Modern warfare? You can learn to spell for one, and for two, before you insult someone you really need to sound intelligent. Call of Duty from the first one to 3 was NOTHING like the Modern Warfare series. So learn to read in context before embarrassing yourself online.
OP - You just did what you said you weren't going to do.
The real problem is:
- In attempting to progress the series they added WAY too much garbage.
- Didn't fix or improve matchmaking/host selection.
- Didn't fix or improve the spawning system.
- IW never is hack-resistant unlike 3ARC
- Gun characteristics are NEVER accurate
- Hitboxes WAY to big
- Ankle shots still kill....
- Lots more, but don't care to waste the time.