1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 155 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 11:47 AM by ExtremeKiller70 Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

So, let me just get this straight, you intentionally neglected to address the key point in order to draw attention to it??

Now, I can't be bothered getting into a slanging match because it will achieve nothing. I believe you said somewhere that you are a network engineer, this implies that you know how things work with matchmaking & the connection Issues some of us are experiencing, do us all a favour & address the real world issues that people are raising.

In answer to your points:

• I openly stated that I was using personal perception and that it was "highly unscientific", (making your comment about "deeply scientific experimenting" redundant). However I'm not talking about a placebo effect, this was a blatant difference, I felt like the game was playing fair, I went into gunfights where if I fired first; I won! (That's a huge improvement to what I have been experiencing!)
        • I can speed test my connection on both wifi & Ethernet using three different systems. Each gives the same result: wifi running at approximately 50% of the ethernet. Can you explain why this is? Even the PS4 test network function gives the same results
        • Yes I have tried changing the cable & I replaced the router 18 days ago as I suspected it may be the problem (it isn't).

Now I have some questions for you:

• Can you tell us how to set up our routers to optimise our connection?
        • Are we best using port forwarding, port triggering or the DMZ?
        • Can you provide a complete list of ports we should be opening up?
        • Can you explain why I get a noticeably better game state when on wifi than when wired to the same router/modem/ISP?
        • Why has this issue become more prevalent? The last version that ran properly (again: personal perception) was MW2. (For me BO1 had intermittent glitches, MW3 was unplayable (I stopped playing after only 15 hours (until I decided I wanted to prestige in every game)), BO2 was much better, but still glitched & lagged from time to time & now ghosts is verging on unplayable).
        • Whilst this clearly is not an issue for everyone, there is a large portion of the community that are experiencing it.

I hope you don't make the usual statements dismissing this issues, it's insulting to everyone that's affected.

• 51. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
          Starbuck_OS

If you read my response again you will notice I was pointing out the method they claimed was in use, wasn't actually used, they did not base their matching making by geo-location, as connections 5000 miles away was made extremely consistently in lobbies.

• 52. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

5 days & no response!

• 53. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
              ge0rdiemark

I agree with you.

Another ***** thing to do as a test is when hooking up to a game on wifi make sure your watching an HD film also over wifi. When the game starts stop the film. Go to town in the game.

I think the game works out who is host and who gets compensated at the start of the game.

I have 75 mb optical and some games I cannot buy a kill and am so far behind (dogs getting to me from 15 ft teleport and I did not get a bullet off). Bets to just leave and make sure when I join next game my internet is bad.

The solution - provide us with servers like you promised, there should be servers for this game in USA and Europe.

PS Ps4 wifi says only 13 mbs connection - only uses 15 % of my line - if I connect via Ethernet its much faster - definitely a no no.

If they move to dedicated servers then I will connect via Ethernet.

• 54. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                maccabi

You do realise no one gets "compensated" right? And dedis do not mean there isn't lag comp or that your own connection will suddenly magically improve

• 55. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                  ge0rdiemark

Yes they do, otherwise the host would kill every one in every game. Host needs artificial lag added to the net code running on his system.

Problem is normally host suffers and its unplayable - avoid host at all costs same as BO2

• 56. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                    maccabi

ge0rdiemark wrote:

Yes they do, otherwise the host would kill every one in every game. Host needs artificial lag added to the net code running on his system.

Problem is normally host suffers and its unplayable - avoid host at all costs same as BO2

nope there is no compensation its a myth players are NOT compensated its become a "thing" in players mentality due to people calling the various systems lag comp.

• 57. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                      ge0rdiemark

there is lag compensation - no compensation is a myth

Are you employed by Activision to downplay the lag issues so they don't have to pay for dedicated servers ?

You seem to downplay everbody's experiences with just a no, there is no lag comp in this game = you have no proof.

We have no proof except all the stories about full clips and teleporting - and you have your word as the defender of COD.

Were you not the same guy that defended BO2 ? Maccabi it was you.

Why do you defend such bad net code so religiously ? (unless that's your job ? )

• 58. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                        ge0rdiemark

Hey where is the reply - you not on a activision tea break ?

• 59. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

OMG he didn't respond in under 2 minutes, obviously an employee.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next