1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 81 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2014 9:07 PM by lewdmouth Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
        starbuckfrack

Directly from the ESRB website

Is it illegal to sell or rent M (Mature) or AO (Adults Only) rated games to customers under 17 and 18 years of age respectively?

A ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2011 found that video games are a constitutionally-protected form of expression, and that laws restricting their sale or rental based upon violent content are unconstitutional. That said, ESRB supports retailers' voluntary policies restricting the sale or rental of M (Mature) and AO (Adults Only) computer and video games in the United States and Canada to customers who are at least 17 and 18 years of age, respectively (unless permission from a parent has been obtained). Through efforts such as the ESRB Retail Council (ERC) and a strong commitment on the part of major video game retailers, retail stores have vastly improved the rate at which they comply with their store policies, as measured both by the ERC mystery shopper audits as well as audits conducted by the FTC. More information on federal, state and local regulations in the U.S. is available through the websites of the Entertainment Merchants Association (EMA) and Entertainment Software Association (ESA). In Canada, you may contact the Entertainment Software Association of Canada (ESA Canada) or the Retail Council of Canada (RCC).

If I told you UFOs were real would you believe that too ?

Now the UK THAT is a different story. THERE it is illegal to sell them to kids but kids still have a right to play them. It is covered in the Xbox Live Terms of Use that a child may play a video game under parents supervision or if the parent allows it.

• 71. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
          lewdmouth

I think you are misinterpreting what I was asking you to prove. (it has nothing to do with that particular poll).

• 72. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
            starbuckfrack

Well I could be but you replied to that post asking for proof. See how I can admit I was wrong

Now what proof did you want. I would be happy to provide it.

• 73. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!

Yeah, I don't live in the US

• 74. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
                starbuckfrack

Now I DO wish that was a law to keep this kids offline from singing in the mic, screaming , etc.

• 75. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
                  starbuckfrack

So let me get this straight .

WE have to provide you proof but you dont need to give us any ? Right ?

Funny how some people can defend their side without a single shred of proof and ignoring the direct questions

• 76. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!

Although I agree with you, I don't think they will ever take any of what you said on board. They are on to a winner. All these things that are complained about by most hardcore gamers are introduced to the game to make it harder for the better players to completely annihilate the noobs. This makes it more accessible to a wider audience as they don't get smashed every game. It's so much harder to get on a good streak now as the maps are designed to leave you open from at lease 3 directions wherever you are meaning no matter how good you are there's always a noob behind you because the game will spawn them there.

Lag compensation. It is redundant in it's original purpose. Many people now have stupidly fast internet connections and even if their dads are downloading shady movies while they are playing CoD it won't affect latency in any way. I believe the real purpose of lag compensation is not so it's configured to favour the weaker player, but it's designed to introduce randomness, meaning you can get popped more often by noobs.

Domination. You now no longer spawn exclusively on the position(s) you hold. What is the point in that? Well, when you pressing the enemy on to the only position they have, they end up spawning behind you and popping you in the back of the head.

The best course of action is to wait for a new game to come out that actually does get back to basics, rewards the better players and doesn't pander to the crying noobs and provide them with a guard dog and sentry gun to put 3 feet in front of them while they're sitting in a jeffing corner.

• 77. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!

I AGREE 100% DUDE COD 4 WAS GREAT AND STILL IS.AT LEASE THE SPAWNS WASNT ALL MESSED UP LIKE IT IS IN COD GHOST.AND THE MAPS ARE WAY TO BIG TO PLAY 6V6 ITS JUST CRAZY BIG JUST LIKE BATTLEFIELD MAN.

• 78. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
                        Izjar11

I remember when COD used to be a blast to play.

You know theoretically this could be said about every video game, and its predecessor. My "best" memories of Nintendo were in Super Mario, but who can repeat that

With the release of Ghosts I feel really let down by what this game has become and it will be the last COD I purchase until they get back to basics.

Whats sad, is that you believe the game should become what MW was (simply because it was new). But this game has brought back forth things that were missing, its sad you cant see it.

1. Return to the 3,5,7 killstreak loadout

Why? That gets old and unimaginative.

Minimize the number of perks and keep them simple

Again the same, why reduce when balancing what you choose to happen is much more dependent upon your actions.

3. Dedicated servers, no more lag comp

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you missed the announcements on that. And yet MW never had DS's .

4. Focus on intelligent map design rather than re-skins. Again, keep it simple

Are you sure your not playing Ghost?

5. Return to the fast paced "arcade style" shooter that used to be COD

Again, are you sure Ghost is the disk thats in your console?

P.S. No hate comments. Have an intelligent discussion and constructive feedback please.

Its no fair to say "no hate comments" when your post is stating things that are happening. I hope you realize this game is called Ghost.

• 79. Re: Get back to basics and make COD great again!
                          zingaa

Quim wrote:

Domination. You now no longer spawn exclusively on the position(s) you hold. What is the point in that? Well, when you pressing the enemy on to the only position they have, they end up spawning behind you and popping you in the back of the head.

I do agree with the spawns in Domination, they are pretty whacky, but I've also seen a lot of players (new and old) flipping the spawns. I've been a minute into the game and here some random capturing their flag, all the mean while I'm screaming noooooooo, and then the spawns just get all over the place and the game goes to crap.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next