6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2014 1:34 AM by mjokipii RSS

How to get characters back to view?

mjokipii

My children are repeatedly getting stuck in Skylanders SWAP Force as the characters get stuck in places out of the view or in places obscured by other game objects like rocks. What is this!? I can hear the characters but they cannot be seen. Is there anything that can be done? So far the only thing i've been able to do is to load the latest save point. It's getting frustrating as this seems to happen everyday now!

• Re: How to get characters back to view?
          SavageHam

Hey mjokipii,

Thanks for taking the time to post, I understand that you are having some issues with the character being stuck out of view. Can you let us know what console you are playing the game on? What characters specifically are you using? While playing, is the console connected to the internet, either through wifi or wired connection? If so, can you please try disabling the wireless connection and disconnecting the ethernet cable, then play again to see if that changes anything?

Thanks,

^AJ

mjokipii

Hello AJ,

Thank you for your reply. The console is an Xbox 360 connected via ethernet cable. I can't tell exactly which characters they've been using, but yesterday we tried changing the characters several times without any help. If it really matters, we tried the Ninja Stealth Elf, Eye Browl, Jet-Vac, Wash Buckler - my daughter just told me that she tried all of them, but i'd rather not list the dozen character names here, because i don't know their names. Anyway, none of the characters could get into view. According to the sounds, they where just mumbling and jumping around as usual.

Out of curiosity, what difference could the internet connection possibly make? Shouldn't the game work even without an internet connection? I will try disconnecting the next time we get stuck.

SavageHam

Hey mjokipii,

Since the game does not require an internet connection in order to play, some problems can be caused by the connection. Also, can you verify if the Portal of Power itself is wired or wireless? Is the portal near the console, metal furniture, or anything magnetic as detail in this link: Activision Support? When the character is placed on the portal, does it show their load in screen properly? Have you tried different spots on the Portal (Center, Left Side, Right Side, etc.) Is it happening in a particular part of the game?

Thanks,

^AJ

mjokipii

Hi AJ,

The portal is wired and switching the character worked during the problem. The portal is on a wooden table a meter away from the console and other metal objects. We could see the new character during the character load screen, but then they "materialized" to the same place as the previous character, which is out of view.

The two times i have seen this happen have been in different places. First was in a cave where glimpses of the characters could be seen through a big rock that obscured the view. The second time the characters were out of the view completely. I can't explain why, but i was left to the impression they were on the right side of the view. In the first case the camera was following the characters, in the second case the camera was static looking at the sky.

I'm a software engineer and to me this looks like software bug. Something wrong with the camera angle. Is there any "hidden" emergency or cheat maneuver that i could use to get the characters into view, without retreating to the previous save point, when something like this happens?