1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 155 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 11:47 AM by ExtremeKiller70 Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

I begged my parents to get me a ps4 because I wanted to play ghosts with better graphics and ground war. I also got one to play 64 player wars on bf4. I recently found that bf4 just isn't for me/not my type of shooter. I refuse to play it. At least I had ghosts to fall back on. Sadly though, while ghosts is the fast paced shooter I would enjoy, the jerky laggy movements of my soldier ruin the game. Stonehaven lag seems to stand out from every other map. Ghosts is very unplayable for me. Without bf and cod, all I have to play on my ps4 now is some stupid space arcade shooter game. I'm so angry and depressed and I feel bad for making my parents buy me a ps4 just to play a free 2d space game, resogun. If its true that ps4 is too powerful for ghosts, then Sony better have an update for this.

• 71. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
          ge0rdiemark

Get off your high horse, I am a physicist and do some programming and know what lag comp is.

The video was discussed and lag comp in COD is a large topic on the Hey den web site.

The video attached, some discredit ovenbacked muffin, I don't really care the video evidence is sufficient to mke our own conclusions.

Yes, some  players in COD are connecting with very low ping to games. Fact.

There are many ways around this for the vast number of players - proper match making on Ping would help.

People with optical fibre in UK should be able to find low ping games, something PC servers have been able to do for the last 10 years  especially for games with high player numbers like COD.

• 72. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
            FalconR6

I've watched OBMs vid. He describes the problem of matchmaking. In his view it should be done differently, but, alas he states Ghosts is on the right track. No where in that video does he state that "lag comp" in ghosts distorts latency.

Latency, aka lag, does exist - fact. Latency can have both negative and positive effects whether you are the lagger or laggie - fact. Not one single gunfight is ever 100% fair - fact.

Lag comp goal --> to allow you to shoot the character model on your screen (it joins up character model to the hit box).

The above are facts - not theories/guesses.

Please - forget what you think what "lag comp" is. Go and watch the vids I provided earlier on in this thread,,, as well as the link to notes concerning lag /lag solutions. Please do this with an open mind.

No one in this forum will ever dispute latency or BS deaths - this is part of gaming. All I am saying is that many confuse latency symptoms with faux lag comp.

trust me - I know what it is like to lag,, badly. Simply put - when you have better matchmaking, meaning lower total latency within a lobby, gamers will have a better experience.

• 73. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

Go beg your parents for better internet.

• 74. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                ge0rdiemark

Then we agree

So, how can IW and Acti do better match making.

I have 75 mbs optical fibre, < 10 ms ping to London (lot of players of COD in UK)....

Tests show 45 mbs upload, 75 mbs download (Ethernet), drps to 40 mbs over wireless.

So why do I get some laggy games when only my Ps4 is connected ? Something is wrong

• 75. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

ge0rdiemark wrote:

So why do I get some laggy games when only my Ps4 is connected ?

Because bandwidth doesn't determine ping.

• 76. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                    FalconR6

Bingo Megadog.

This is is a common thought - more bandwidth means less ping (false)

My analogy (far from perfect, lol) - increased bandwidth means more lanes on a highway. So, more total traffic can flow. But, individual traffic can only adhere to the inherent speed limit of the lane/line. What is important for you to meet your destination is that you have a clear lane. 

Higher bandwidth means you can download/upload more traffic at any given time.

Ping is reliant on who you are pinging.  Ping is not speed - ping is time taken.

Gaming takes very little bandwidth compared to, for example, Geordies excellent bandwidth. What you need as a gamer is a stable and unimpeded line of communication. If your connection is also being used to download "you tubes/twitches" - then you want your router to be sending your console information first  

• 77. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.
                      ge0rdiemark

But having 10 ms PING to London servers, and UK being a large COD community, it does not take Einstein netcode to find me a good lobby...

• 78. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

Hi falcon, that's a really good analogy!

• 79. Re: Lag Comp Needs to be dialed back a bit.

I already tried begging them for better internet many times. All they ever say is that there's nothing we can do. However, I'm determined to find a solution. The quest for better internet is still going.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next