0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 2:57 PM by ProfessorZZZ RSS

Does anyone else have to warm up???

I usually have time after the lady goes to bed to stay up and jam for about 12-15 games. I usually shut down around 12:00-12:30 (US Central Time), which in my opinion is the the particular part of the day when the hard-core savant players rear their ugly faces, making it pretty intense.

Anyway, now that I've had CoD:Ghosts for a few weeks, and I've got ~18 hr logged, I've noticed that my 1st two-three games are usually terrible. Say what you will about quick-scoping, but I think it's the most enjoyable way to play the game, but I can't hit any of my shots when I first start up. By game 3, I'm hitting all my drags and corner sweeps, as well as good old fashioned sniper kills.

I'm wondering if this is a common thing for the rest of you. I do distance road riding and used to play soccer in high school, so I'm familiar with the concept warming your body up, but I didn't think that the ability to move your fingers quickly fell into the same category.

Thots & Opinions on this: another shitty post!

--Thanks

• Test #1
          Re: Does anyone else have to warm up???

I am the same way. I don't snipe, however I like to go into squads and crank my sensitivity up 2 or 3 notches for 3 or 4 games. I then go online and set my sensitivity back to where I normally play and it helps my accuracy immensely. Warming up definately helps in my opinion.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 3:06 PM
          • Test #1

It can vary for me... I have improved my game pretty well over the past few CoDs and can go in and do well right from the get-go most times now.

I still, however, like to play a few matches of Squads first. I feel like it gets me into Game Mode. Since I only play HC, having to play Core in Squads really helps me get my focus to hold my aim on target and get my timing down on my lethal grenade throws.

Sometimes, however, if I jump right into a match I dominate. It may just be because I am fresh and ready to go. My eyes aren't fantastic, and I find that when I start getting tired, my game really suffers. I miss things, and my aim gets progressively worse.

In general, warming up to me is preferable, but with limited playing time these days if I can get into a match with friends right away I am just fine with that.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 3:33 PM
            • Test #1

I jump into squads for a few rounds if no clan members are online or are busy on something else, I definitely need a warming up game or two, gets the old noggin and fingers warmed up, that's a good idea Filthy BTW, crank up the sensitivity in Squads.

tiredness can be an issue for me too (health reasons)

How about when you stop gaming though? if i go into the kitchen to make a coffee i feel like the Tasmanian devil on uppers!

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 4:30 PM
              • Test #1

Yup, ALWAYS warm up with a game or two of Squads. You earn a little bit of XP doin it too!

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 4:37 PM
                • Test #1

I've always got to warm up. I usually play a Squads match to get my game face on. My sniper shots are a little off when I first jump in, but after a match or two, im nailing more shots.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 5:51 PM
                  • Test #1

I used to play with a group of players in Call of Duty 4, and they always wanted to "warm up" in Core TDM before we jumped in to HC TDM.  I never understood how you "warm up" in a video game...then again, it's just about fun for me and I don't take it serious enough!  "Warming up" makes it seem like you are playing sports or could hurt yourself, and that by itself is kinda laughable.

But what ever floats yer boat!

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 7:33 PM
                    • Test #1

I'll normally start off with a reg gun to warm up and them move to the USR . Never played squads will need to give it a go can you play FFA ?

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 7:42 PM
                      • Test #1

the opposite for me...i can usually just hop into a session and go 20-5 ish on average...but after 15-20 matches i need to take a break cuz ill start going like 15-10 and the likes...ALWAYS TAKE BREAKS!!!

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 7:43 PM
                        • Test #1

Takes 2-3 games for me to get going and playing squads helps get into the zone...

I also find and laugh i you want, but if i am not sat in a certain place/position facing the TV i dont react as quick, so by the 3rd game i am literally slouched right into the sofa and found my eye level lol...

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 9:04 PM
                          • Test #1

If I'm sniping, then yes, some warmup is needed. On another note, on many occasions, my first game has been my best.

Last Edited: Jan 2, 2014 9:12 PM
                            • Test #1

I like to play a couple of warm-ups with the bots just to loosen my thumbs up and find my timing. 

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 9:56 AM
                              • Test #1

Yeah you usually have to acclimate yourself to the game, like forgetting some of the crap of your workday etc.

Some players carry their day into the game and take it out all night in their TV or controller.

So after a game or two of squads I am usually ready to go.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 10:17 AM
                                • Test #1

I'm an exclusive sniper myself and I warm up all the time. It helps me quite a bit. Although I tend to rush around like a crazy person when I go against bots and that tends to follow me into live play. So I try to play as close to the same way I play online as I can. When I do that it gets me into the groove pretty well.

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 10:19 AM
                                  • Test #1

Hey ProfessorZZZ...

For me sniping is not part off my game play, well not at the moment, as for warming up, hell yeah, I got too due too the fact off my age (prob the oldest member here) slow reflexes, blurring vision, bad hearing etc, all that stuff your mom doesn't tell you about when your a runny nose kid playing on your bike at the tender age off 14.

Will normally play a few rounds off Squads then Wargame, tweak my weapons etc then jump into a lobby too get my butt kicked also got too say ... At the age off 50... yes 50 I'm still enjoy playing video games and it's great fun after a stress filled day at home, that's if I can get my controller off one off the grand kids

Last Edited: Jan 3, 2014 10:27 AM