4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2014 11:07 AM by SitRepPro RSS

Gamebattles S&D Needs List

SJacketSD

1st let me just get this off my chest , what were you guys thinking when you made dead silence just as loud as call of duty 4s dead silence I mean during that time headsets were first coming out and you had no idea that it would change how S&D is played and you learned from it but why did you go back to it?!? so heres my list:

1) dead silence needs to be more quite to the point where its DEAD SILENT

2) make 3rd person spectating a rule setting

3) hardcore mode- put the map back on the start menu

4) when u pick the cod esports rule why is the countdown 60 seconds and why is there a loadout when it clearly says in the rules for mlg variant setting rules the " Create Default Loadouts: None" wake up!!!!

im not the only one who feels this way i guarantee you, you think im wrong make a poll

the majority of the people like fast paced games, you think they want to sit through camping games, if you dont understand why these changes will change the pace let me break it down for you

1) dead silence is mandatory in S&D and if you can still sound hoor (i know its spelled incorrectly)

do you think it will make the game more of a camping or a more rushing type? and if your part of the staff and your reading this and you have the ability or the authority to make these changes and you have no idea what sound hooring means please resign

2) 3rd person spectating- let me give you a scenario say I plant the bomb and I get into a 3p spot (a spot where im hidden but my dead team member can see over or from the side of the object im behind) do you think its fair for the guy whos trying to disarm the bomb and im already in a vantage point where my dead team mate can see the bomb? and adding on top of me sound hooring him, big disadvantage!

3) wheres the map in the start menu like you had in every call of duty you made (except WaW where you had to press up on the d-pad) i know its not a popular game type but when im playing hardcore for easy xp, do you think it would be easier or harder if i have to say hey bob where you at or hey timmy where are you at, when i can just simply pop the map up and see my teams positions and not mess up any ones focus or concentration

4) esports rule countdown and loadout- why is it 60 seconds? so your team has more to time to go over strategies? isnt the pregame lobby for that!?! and why is there a loadout explain that to me theres these little nerds who go by the rule book and slow the game down saying you forfeit the map because you have a loadout, isnt cod esports specifically for the MLG VARIANT RULE SETTINGS? ISN'T THAT THE MAIN REASON YOU MADE IT?!?!?!

For once can you pay attention and listen to the competitive gamers who are the back bone of call of duty i mean look at treyarch when thy came out with Black ops 2 they were spot on with competitive aspect of it and look how much love they got back from the community the scuf controller became more popular, twitch became more popular for cod fans, people wanted to become more competitive especially with league play and that was a smart idea and what does infinity ward have to offer, clan wars? OH MY GOD that was a stupid idea, this is the basic concept of clan wars the more people you have playing the better chance of winning REALLY!?! there is no skill involved i know you guys are trying to have your own thing but this isnt it, it seems like you rushed this game you need to bring the old staff from infinity ward back please, you turned me into a treyarch fan and im already praying for an early release for back ops 3 so please if want to push ghosts in the competitive direction start with this list THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: Gamebattles S&D Needs List
          maccabi

SJacketSD wrote:

For once can you pay attention and listen to the competitive gamers who are the back bone of call of duty i mean look at treyarch when thy came out with Black ops 2 they were spot on with competitive aspect of it

competitive players are the smallest of any of the demographics for cod they are just the loudest .

this game should NOT and never should be tailored towards esports in its normal form as that is not what the majority of the player base cares about.,

3arc added the leagueplay playlist which was basically a flop

SJacketSD wrote:

and look how much love they got back from the community the scuf controller became more popular, twitch became more popular for cod fans,

imo anything that encouraged people to be ripped off by scuf is a toxic thing for the community , twitch was always popular for esports but either way neither 3 rd parties stuff is immaterial to a discussion about cod , cod is not there to further build other companies .

SJacketSD wrote:

people wanted to become more competitive especially with league play and that was a smart idea and what does infinity ward have to offer, clan wars? OH MY GOD that was a stupid idea,

that was beachhead not IW   yet weirdly given the amount of clans playing and the amount of comments about clan wars i would say even with its inherent as yet fixed flaws clan wars is a major success and something the community has taken to in a big way.,

SJacketSD wrote:

3) hardcore mode- put the map back on the start menu

nope easy mode hc , whats the point of not having a minimap when you can just refer to the bigger map on the menu , removing it was a much welcomed change.

SJacketSD

lol kid you clearly are not a  competitive gamer or play gbz so you shouldnt have even  responded to this you have no idea what your talking about it, if scuf gaming and twitch is helping call duty become bigger which increases their income would they look the other way, i think not and when activision came out with their million dollar tournament was scuf advertised, uh yes and does activision have a problem with the cod series being in the mlg pro circuit i think not, i think its doing the exact opposite wouldnt you think? this is just opinions from a gamer who probably couldnt make it to the competitive level and why do 90% of pros have scufs i can tell you from experience it definitely enhances your gameplay and i actually became dependent on it and on your little opinion on the hardcore map what in thee blue hell are you talking about do this one thing for me make a poll and i swear to you im right about the map and also do this other thing for me go on gamebattles go to 360 ghost and go to the ladders go to each ladder get the total teams times it by 4 except the doubles ladder times that by 2 and tell me what you get so dont sit there and tell me competitive gamers is not the back bone or dont have a major part in the cod community and its the  3rd week in new season for the ladders wait till the end of the season then times again so dont try to belittle my post when you have 0 experience as a competitive gamer

KTPhoenix

The poll wont do anything. In fact, it wont get as many hits as you would think. You say Maccabi doesnt know what he is talking about? YOU clearly have no idea what this forum is like.

No poll on here is valid because it only gives the views of only those who care enough to participate (which will hardly be anyone). There have been a lot of polls on this site made by players themselves and all of which only got up to 20 or so hits, why? Because no one really cares.

And if you think the "majority" will have a say on the poll, you are SEVERELY mistaken and again would prove that you have no idea how this forum is. This forum does NOT have the majority of COD players on here so the poll would be invalid.

Just keep in mind that those you are talking to, Maccabi and myself included as well as a few others on here have not only been playing the COD franchise for years (even before COD4), but we have also been on the official COD forums for years.

So, please, before you berate and belittle those who post in this forum, keep in mind how long some of us have been playing the game and how long we have been active participants on this forum. Just because you have GB experience doesnt mean you can be a snot nosed sh*t that comes on here thinking they know better than those who have been playing this franchise before you even started and also have experience with said tournament type communities.

SitRepPro

SJacketSD wrote:

For once can you pay attention and listen to the competitive gamers who are the back bone of call of duty

If footstep sounds are such a big deal with competitive players, why continue using the game for the competitive scene?  There are shooters out there that have quieter footsteps.  Or is COD too big a game to drop?