1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 7:46 PM by DalekonDrugs Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: My profile was modded please help.
        starbuckfrack

It doesnt matter what ANYONES opinion on this is. If you think he is innocent its not going to change anything.

Pure fact. This is nothing ANYONE can do even the PETs at Activision. If they find he has violated policy then they will ban him, if they find out he was innocent they cant reset his stats.

nothing posted in this forum wil solve ANYTHING because no one in this forum including the moderators can help him.

He can try calling Activision support but I can guarantee you they wont be able to help him.

Nothing that is posted on this forum is going to change in any way what does or doesnt happen to him.

• 31. Re: My profile was modded please help.
          starbuckfrack

Quim wrote:

Sounds like the OP wasn't aware he was in a hacked game.

Next!

And just because he sounds innocent actually makes him innocent ? Glad you arent working as a cop in a murder investigation.

The policing team will not make a decision if he SOUNDS innocent, the MS forums are full of people that sounded innocent but still were banned.

The moment you signed into XBL and agreed to the policy you agreed that you would be aware of what you are doing because you STILL are responsible for your account.

You agree to be bound by this Agreement for any associated accounts (including those for minors) you hold now or create later and that you are responsible for all activity that takes place with your Services account and any associated accounts.

Do not use the services to do anything illegal.  You are responsible for your actions on the services and the consequences of your actions.

Says so in multiple places.

here is more

Do not intentionally play with someone who is using unauthorized software or methods.

• Do not cheat in a game unless cheats have been deliberately enabled by the developer.
          • Do not use unauthorized hardware or modifications to gain an advantage or disrupt the competitive landscape of Xbox Live.
          • Do not exploit game vulnerabilities or glitches.

Then there is Activisions Ghosts policy.

Ghosts Online Code of Conduct

Any user who colludes with another user to exploit the game for the purpose of gaining XP, prestige, game score, weapon level, or in-game unlock is subject to penalty.

Any user who abuses an exploit in game code or other established rule of play is subject to penalty. An example includes but is not limited to using a hole in the map geo to intentionally go outside of the map boundary.

you need to be aware of everything or you risk getting permanently banned.

Now why is it yet since I have been playing the COD series I have fallen into a modded lobby ? And thats been about 6 years.

The OP has a tendency not to read the rules. Like the one that says on the first page of this thread to use the search feature. If he would have used it he would have his answer and no on would have been the wiser.

• 32. Re: My profile was modded please help.
            TrueSparky

I didn't know the lobby was actually modded though. I joined in and it was completely normal and I was kicked from the game and got the error message about my stats and stuff. I didn't know it would happen.

• 33. Re: My profile was modded please help.
              Slopat

How do you go about populating your firiends list then? Only with peeps you know irl? All my Xbox friends were met online, and obviously we joined each others' games to get to know each other.

Honestly, I think its makes no sense to blame someone for getting hacked because they accepted an invite. If accepting invites makes you responsible for hackers, MS should disable the feature.

This community can be quite depressing at times.

• 34. Re: My profile was modded please help.
                Slopat

A tad judgemental, don't you think? Plus your anology doesn't hold water.

• 35. Re: My profile was modded please help.
                  Slopat

I respectfully dsagree. MS is responsible for allowing it to be possible to have your account hacked unwillingly. Invites are a feature of XBL, a useful one for making new friends a that imho. To be held responsible for using in good faith a feature as intended by the designers is ridiculuous.

• 36. Re: My profile was modded please help.
                    starbuckfrack

Slopat wrote:

How do you go about populating your firiends list then?

Umm check out their gamertags thru Elite ? Look them up online ? Check their gaming history in the games they played ? For example if someone unlocked everything all in one day 30 seconds apart that guy wouldnt be my freind. I mean if you just met a guy on the street or a girl would you just immediately say "Welcome to my home, sleep in my bed" ?

You dont accept an invite from total strangers just like you dont let your kids follow some guy who says he is their uncle.

Only with peeps you know irl? All my Xbox friends were met online, and obviously we joined each others' games to get to know each other.

Honestly, I think its makes no sense to blame someone for getting hacked because they accepted an invite. If accepting invites makes you responsible for hackers, MS should disable the feature.

This community can be quite depressing at times.

As been said before if a policy team member find you guilty then that it you are guilty , no chance for appeal. You are done.

As been said before (and not attacking just an example) this guy could be a serial hacker who just got his console for Xmas. He could have hacked the game and found out he could get banned and came here to try to get away with it. Again it goes back to my first statement here in your reply and many others.

Nothing said here will change the fact if he gets banned or not. End of story.

• 37. Re: My profile was modded please help.
                      nicedrewishfela

Nobody here is saying that it's a good thing. We all hate that it happens... to anyone. But that is life... sometimes you make good calls, sometimes you make bad ones. Sometimes  things work out, other times they don't. Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

All we are saying here is that you are ultimately responsible for your account. Like you, I met most of my friends that I play with online. But you have to be careful about that, too... just like when meeting someone in real life. Most of the friends I have I met THROUGH other friends. I started with a small group of people I know, they brought in their friends, who became my friends.. and so on. Other folks I met through lobbies. Played several matches with them and only when I felt I could trust them did I accept friend requests or invites.

Here is what you have to understand... those of us who are forum vets have seen this before. Folks come on, complain they were hacked or modded or banned... and that someone else did it... or they didn't know what would happen... and 99% of those threads it turns out they knew exactly what they were getting into.. and even invited it upon themselves. Doesn't make them bad people, they just made a bad choice.

Either way, you are responsible for what happens to your account. It is no coincidence, then, that folks like myself who guard their Gamer tags never run into situations like this.

• 38. Re: My profile was modded please help.
                        nicedrewishfela

So... by your logic... The Postal Service is to blame for mail fraud or identity theft cases?

Hackers are called hackers because... they HACK. They break into things they shouldn't be able to get into and wreak havoc on the innocent. It is a constant battle for MS .. and every company that works in the field(I happen to work for one as well).

It isn't the invite that allows the hack... it is the match people are invited to. And guess what? The majority of people who fall for things like this responded to a "All recent players, hosting a 10th Prestige Lobby...yadda yadda yadda" message from a total stranger and hoped they could get something easy or free. Others are just naive and don't think before they act. 

Police aren't to blame for crime... they do what they can to prevent it and when they can't they try to get justice for the victims and punishment for the perpetrators. No more is MS responsible for hackers. They do their best to stop it, it is NOT in their best interest to allow this behavior to continue. But notice they have never had an issue with personal info or payment info (like PSN for example), so perhaps their Security measures are stronger than you and I realize, and their priorities are in the right place? Personally, I'd rather hear about some random Modded Lobby than get a message telling me my Credit Card info was stolen.

• 39. Re: My profile was modded please help.
                          starbuckfrack

Give you an example of something that happened last week. A guy from GTA sends me a freind request.

I accept it. I then watch his gamertag for a day and receive a message from him . "Please hunt me down in GTA and collect my million dollar bounty so we can split it". Well I immediately took him off my FL and reported him for cheating.

Now I DID accept a game invite from him immediately for example in Ghosts what do you think the chances are that I would have been accepted to a modded lobby ? VERY high.

When meeting any stranger you want to use your common sense to at least protect yourself before just diving it to his van that smells like chocolate ice cream. Same thing with meeting people online. If you dont use common sense then one day they are going to be scraping up your corpse on the street. I know there is a major difference here but when you have at least 50 bucks on the line plus DLC, time left over , achievements, etc to lose you would want to protect it as much as possible.