1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 88 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 12:49 PM by rondre3000 Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: why not capture (domination)
        CoDPS4

LOL, what kind of sado plays DOM for objective LMFAO XD

• 41. Re: why not capture (domination)
          Electoblaze9

Okay, so this can be a really controversial topic, (and I'm afraid I might get bashed here) but here's my opinion:

It's necessary to play the objective (not just for Dom but for all other modes as well) but ONLY while maintaining a positive KD. Too many times, I've seen a team win in Dom but the average KD is 4:17 or 6:14. And I tell myself, "I'd hate to be them."

KD is NOT everything, but everyone should aim to at least have it greater than 1. This is important for clan membership, as a positive KD (usually greater than 1.25) is usually required to join any clan or play competitively with anyone.

On the other hand, playing the objective is how your team earns a victory, but honestly IMO, WL ratio is more forgivable than KD. If your WL is high (like 5) but your KD is low (like .6) then a lot of people will assume you use yourself as a meat shield. On the other hand, if your KD is higher (like 1.3) and your WL is only slightly lower but positive (say 1.05) then I'll tell you that people will definitely consider you a skillful player. Not the best player ever, but definitely competent.

Play Dom. Start the game by taking the first flag. Get a positive KD. Then start capping flags. When your KD starts getting near 1, start going more for kills again. Then begin capping flags. Sound fair?

• 42. Re: why not capture (domination)

Electoblaze9 wrote:

Sound fair?

Sounds like youre trying to justify ignoring the objective.

• 43. Re: why not capture (domination)
              Electoblaze9

I think what I said was fair and I certainly did not advocate for "ignoring the objective." Did you read what I wrote at all? Or just read the parts I was talking about KD and then skipped the rest of my explanations?

• 44. Re: why not capture (domination)

lol same reason why they dont on all the others man... and yes... its ridiculous... the EXACT reason i came on to post lol

Im just looking for people that are cool to play with with,  kik it, bull shitt, play the game the way its post to be played.

isent it so much  more fun when your working as a team to get the job done? WAYYY  more rewarding ,

since we all have the same idea in mind , we might as well get together n play yea?  if anyone is trying to play DOM, Search n Rescue 911 lol, or anything strategic add me , im trying to get some people who know how to play,

for my sanity of this game!!! lol

PSN- KING_SHMACK    n ps4.... just so we clear... B]

• 45. Re: why not capture (domination)
                  goatforcce

Was just about to make a thread on this myself.

Domination has always been a feeding ground for K/D whores because the games last quite a while it is generally easier to get kills because of the way the spawns work and because you tend to know where people are based on what is going on with the flags. The funny thing is, if these guys actually played DOM the way it is meant to be played they would get far more kills than they are getting. Most of them end on negative / on par / just a couple more kills than deaths. They dont actually get big kill scores.

If your team holds A & B / C & B and then camps those 2 flags properly as a team then you will rack up kills very very quickly. These K/D whores dont understand this at all and just think if they sit in a room or on a roof or a dark corner they will get loads of kills but DOM doesnt work that way.

I just had a game on Octane I went 62-18 with 7 captures. The nearest person to me on my team had around 20 kills and 2 captures. Needless to say we lost. Now had my team backed me up with captures and playing DOM properly with me getting my killstreaks then we probably would have won easily but instead I ended up having to try and carry the whole team capping and defending all at the same time while trying not to get killed because if I died then we would instantly drop flags.

Im running a 1.8 k/d and 2.2 w/l, does this make me a decent player? I dont really care I just want to play and play to win, what is the point in playing anything with the aim of losing regardless of how well you think you did?

Activision, IW and Treyarch need to work harder on getting rid of children from this game because ultimately children are too immature to play the objective game modes the way they are meant to be played. This is why games like BF4 are far more enjoyable on objective based game modes, everybody is older and more mature and actually plays the game the way it should be played.

• 46. Re: why not capture (domination)
                    claisty

Well stated.  This is more or less my same feelings about DOM when playing with randoms.

• 47. Re: why not capture (domination)
                      phxs72

You are not wrong in your assessment of what clans typically look for but I personally would much rather have the meat shield on my team that does what it takes to win rather than the guy that spent the whole match worrying about maintaining his optimum kd ratio even at the expense of a loss.  I'm a strong enough player to make up for the kills that the meat shield is giving up.  I can respect your point that everyone should try to be positive from the standpoint that on average teams that manage to go positive often also manage to pull out the win but for me the win is worth more than kd.  If I'm playing KC and see 3 tags out in the open then I have no problem taking a death if it means picking up those tags.  I don't particularly count on killstreaks to earn me a win even though I'm more than capable of getting them.  To be quite honest the clans that play as you have suggested are cannon fodder for me.  I love going up against them because all I have to do is get a handful of kills on them and they retreat.  It's an easy win for me.

• 48. Re: why not capture (domination)
                        cwahl4

Why don't you just throw the team on your back and take them to victory. I have a 1.8 kd with a wlr of 2.3 playing dom mostly by myself since no friends with new console yet

• 49. Re: why not capture (domination)
                          rlbl

Although I personally do not agree with it in principal, CoDPS4 has the most valid point (I am playing devil's advocate so bare with me a sec):

"He paid for the game, and he can play how he wants"

yes he (like others) are playing the wrong game mode, but:

- he is not hacking

- he is not cheating

- he is not glitching

- he is not trolling players (well at least not by intent)

He is going for kills. And according to vast majority of the forum community and youtubers (and extending beyond that), KD is the most important stat, and totally matters in objective games, right?  Too many people feel that taking a loss is acceptable as long as you at least went "positive", right?  Getting KEM strikes, Nukes, MOABs and 100+ kill games in objective modes is the goal, right?

As long as K/D is influenced by any game mode, why not play a game mode that allows for more kills, or easier kills, and achieving more kills streaks. Makes 100% sense to me.

Again, as stated, I personally disagree... but as the game (and stats) are made like this, it is going to drive how people play. So even though I (and many of you) play for the W/L and not the K/D exclusively (yes I know, both is good), I completely understand why people play play "TDM" in domination, demolition, ctf, sabotage, head quarters, blitz, <insert any plant-bomb or capture game here, with the exception of SnD and the like>, etc...

People want it, and we got it* ... live with it, or not and either join them or play something else.

* If I had a say, only stats relevant to the game in question could influence those stats.  And I would also debate whether they should be public or not... but that is another story.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next