12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 5:55 AM by Tactics74 RSS

Backing out of game's

Bubbakush

I was playing last night with one other member of my clan. hopped into a random lobby saw a guy who was 10th prestige and another who was 7th both with a winning streak of around 200 games. now to me im thinking ok they must religiously play with each other this should be a good game. my buddy just blatantly says watch the second they start loosing they will leave. lobby gets us into team we see its 4 on 4 us with randoms and them with randoms about 3 mins into the match we have held A and B sense the beginning they make a last ditch effort we stop it and bam both back out. about a hour later they rejoin the lobby still with a 200+ win streak....

so did IW really forgot to take away your winning streak when quitting a match? i guess now there is absolutely no way to determine player skill without playing with them seeing as you can now control all your stats in different ways and in all cases boost and or manipulate in a way that i'm pretty sure isn't suppose to happen

• Re: Backing out of game's
          iamyourfather

there WS stays the same but the WL ratio doesnt. At least that how it was in 360, havent backed out on one yet so dont know. WS doesnt mean that much though

Aggr0sk8r

Something you have to realize is a lot of these people with the outrageous stats aren't just simply backing out of games to save their stats. Most of them are going so far as disrupting their internet connection in order to keep their KDR, W/L, streaks, etc. Just my opinion, but I think it would be extremely difficult for IW to do anything about this. The only thing you could probably do to exploit those who use these tactics is to add another stat that shows the number of started games and number of completed games. At least then you would get an idea of how often they are quitting out of games. Even then people will still complain when you get put into a game with 30 seconds left and your team is getting spawn-trapped and you get a penalty now for backing out of that game.

Bubbakush

if you join a game that is in progress you can instead of spawning in look at the score and time remaining then decide if you want to spawn in or not if you don't then you wait a min get kicked for inactivity (even if there is less that a min before your team losses as long as you never spawned you never played the game) and you don't get a loss you never played that game which i agree with. as for disrupting you connection to get a DC that still gives you a loss and records your stats at least i get a loss when the host crashes or the migrating drops. the 360 has dashbording which is a problem buts its along the lines imo of the tac insert from blops 2 IW can fix it but they just haven't or possibly wont who knows yet.

actually you can't,when you spawn into a game in progress everything is blank but the view, no stats are displayed. Your only clue is the in game shout outs. If you hear we're winning then that's a good sign. I think they should allow you to see the score before you join, but the matchmaking system seems to be throw bodies at the problem. The worst i encountered was I got spawned into a game with about 3'min left, okay looked at the score it was 72 to thirty something, losing horribly. By the time i took 5 steps they got the last three kills match over. I got 0 kills, 0 deaths, and 0 assist for the game, no exp either but guess what they did give me, a loss. How is that fair?  This is not a rare "fluke" occurrence either, it happens all the time, I can count on this happening several times a night, I grin and bear it but it doesn't means it's not annoying me or pissing me off.

as for dash boarding, iw won't fix this because they can't fix this. This is a feature built into the consoles themselves, it's there because real life happens and takes priority over a video game. About the only thing iw can do would be to poll the game during matches at certain times and scores, someone's missing from the next check then you know they left. The big question is what do you do about it. did someone rage quit, or quit to save their stats, or was a reasonable cause like I lost power or my internet failed or my kid fell and banged his head. What's fair to everyone.

Bubbakush

when you join a game in progress it lets you pick you class to spawn. press b takes you to spectator mode instead of spawning in. in this mode you can press select and see the score for each team and each players stats also you can cycle through a first or third person view of all your teammates staying in this mode gets you a inactivity kick which is what i was talking about. as for your real life situations 2 already give you a loss. losing connection to the host is a loss. and a power outage is the same way at least thats how its worked for me

i did not know that. Learn something new everyday. I'll give it a try next time.

i don't track my w/l ratio, I never care about that. I like to win but having fun is more important. I just hate the ones that leave when they are loosing. had one about an hour ago,  we were on tremor and about 4'min left we were up 55 to 48'when we got a host migration. I checks the board and 5'of the other team was gone. I'll give credit to the one left, he hung in there till the end.

Noob_Lyncher

I just join in, and if my teammates are getting shredded, I just back out immediately, and it works the same way as waiting until you get kicked.

Aggr0sk8r

If you try to dashboard and quit the game while still having an internet connection then you are correct and you will still accrue a loss for quitting early. There is a work around that people have been exploiting though by running an Ethernet (pretty sure it works for WiFi as well) cable to their Xbox console and if they are losing then they can pull out the cable severing their connection and by exiting the game this way their record stays intact. I have known people that I have played with in the past to do this. Personally I think it is a hassle but then again I mostly play to keep up with old friends and have a good time, meanwhile not taking my KD or W/L too seriously either. Another game I have had a problem with this on is Killer Instinct. It happens there so often in ranked matches I just stopped playing the game all together.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Sounds like they just pulled their ethernet cable.  The lengths some people go just to preserve stats. 

Tactics74

Just goes to show you that stats actually mean nothing in regular mp matches as almost all stats can be manipulated. I know we all want to feel proud of our achievements but any player that has half a brain doesn't put any weight into these types of things.

Accuracy is pretty much the only stat I look at.. Full auto accuracy below 20% is poor, between 20-25% is average, between 25-30% is a good player. Above 30% is a great player.