30 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2014 12:38 PM by AGROtheWOMBAT RSS

Two contradicting arguments

Just recently I've noticed that here on the forums that people have gone from complaining about dying too quickly (OP guns) to not getting kills quickly enough, seriously?? I haven't noticed a change with the gun damage except for the MSBS which they nerfed because it was OP.

When the game came out everyone was ******** about how they were dying within 2 shots, there was numerous posts about how the guns needed nerfing. And now posts are cropping up about guns and their rubber bullets. Is it just me or is most of the COD community a bunch of cry-babies?? They moan about the guns being OP and now that they are UP, make up your minds!!

Now is it just me or do any of you think the same??

• Re: Two contradicting arguments

Welcome to the world of modern gaming lol. Iw is damned if they and damned if they don't, I should actually say all game developers. No matter why they do to the game there will always be someone who gripes about it.

I Don't really care about buffing this or needing that, three issues are,dominant for me and there not to serious, I'd call them annoying at best.

1. Spawns, nothing new, it's all been said.

2. Match making. IMO it needs to be skill based,,not local based. Of course the damned part of it is if they do this,then lag will increase.

3. Squeakers, ragers, and trollers. not in iw prob, they can't control other people.

like I said, annoying but not a game breaker.

I know that most gripes are not new. The spawns suck, we all know that and need to adapt. The skill based matchmaking would add to a lot of lag if you ask me. As for the squeakers and ragers, they're are part of the game and that's what the mute function is for. The trollers need to be reported so they can't keep doing it, although it does take a while for IW to get around to banning these people.

iHattoriHanzo0

For every possible complaint, there are enough players to convince themselves that its a legit issue. These forums have their fair share of cry babies, no doubt. But its still just a small percentage of the community.

It would be nice if everyone could just accept the game for what it is. Theres nothing wrong with feedback. The bigger problem is the fact that we all know the game can be adjusted with updates and hot fixes. Therefore the spoiled cry babies get selfish, greedy, and start demanding changes or they'll threaten to stop playing. There is no respect anymore.

images-6.jpeg

I hear that. The complaints that most people come out with are daft. They can't decide on how they want the game and can't see the great point of the game.

I remember reading one post about one dude wanting a refund from IW because he didn't like the game. And another saying he was gonna sue IW for making a crap game. I mean a refund from the retailer you bought it off sure, but the dude wanting to sue them that's absolutely ridiculous.

ghamorra

Just recently I've noticed that here on the forums that people have gone from complaining about dying too quickly (OP guns) to not getting kills quickly enough, seriously?? I haven't noticed a change with the gun damage except for the MSBS which they nerfed because it was OP.

The shots-to-kill is the same as it's always been. A minimum of 3 on all ARs. The only difference is some tweaks to make them more applicable at range since the maps have long lines of sight.

The MSBS was never OP. It's a burst weapon and like all burst weapons it's RoF within the burst is insanely fast but the it has a trigger delay that keeps you from firing it at full-auto like rates. The damage is solid and the range is the best out of all ARs. Here's it's downside though. Since it fires so quickly amongst the burst the recoil is high. Of course it's a 3 shot kill up close but so are 4 other ARs. At range though it could still be a 3 shot kills if you landed all the rounds, but it's not easy to do. The recoil can make it nearly impossible to do so therefore it takes 3 bursts at time leaving your TTK around 4 seconds. How's that OP?

I never said I thought the MSBS was OP, just that they nerfed it. I haven't used it so I can't say if it was OP before the nerf. I had only read that people THOUGHT it was OP and that was the only gun that was being complained about being OP.

That's what I'm saying. I never found the MSBS to be OP. LMAO I hate to say this because it is sort of what the OP is talking crap about but, now I don't even use it because it seems underpowered compared to the other weapons. This is a case of complainers ruining a weapon by whining about how "OP it is".

iHattoriHanzo0

With all respect, the complainers are just seen as feedback by the developers. They're not going to adjust the game because people whine about a weapon without themselves agreeing and finding the feedback to be warranted.

ghamorra

There have been a lot of guns that were nerfed despite being statistically weaker than other in the game. The MSBS was not an all powerful weapon like many members of the communtiy made it out to be. It was a OHK IF all three rounds of burst landed. Ironically many ARs were 3 shot kill weapons too. If the MSBS didn't land you a kill in the first burst you had to shoot it again which meant you were at a huge RoF disadvantage because it's RoF between burst was much lower than any other AR in the game.

The MSBS was nerfed.

The community complains and if enough people whine the Devs make changes. Not because they are needed but rather they want to keep the community happy. This is why Black Ops II was a chaotic cluster fvck. Players complained about it not being fast paced enough and wanting all kinds of powerful Scorestreaks and the Devs finally gave in. Now look at how that game turned out. It couldn't have contained more BS that what it had.

The Devs don't make changes when they're needed. They make changes when the community yells loudly.

iHattoriHanzo0

I don't know about that for sure. I hear you and if its true, than that is a sad situation. Just keep this info on the hush hush then.  

But if thats the case, I think there would be many many more adjustments than we see. IW has to draw the line somewhere. I guess our perspectives and feelings about the changes depend on what side of the line we stand.

ghamorra

I'm not sure what boards you hang around the most but not even a week after the games release there were complaints about the MSBS in nearly every thread. Someone found a reason to bring up how OP the gun was. Not many players could give any good reason other than they were single burst killed by the gun which doesn't make it OP (as I said every AR minus the FAD has 3 shot kill potential).

I even made a thread addressing the ARs and how they functioned and most people said that they didn't realize just how average the MSBS really was. That didn't help though. Players still complained about it. I think it's just the thought of only have to tap the trigger once and getting a kill. They stop at the "tap once" and don't think that that single tap fired 3 rounds. To them it's like having an AR that's a OHK.

iHattoriHanzo0

I hang around here but really only take part in discussions that apply to myself or I have an opinion on. I have yet to use the MSBS so there you go. Its sounds similar to the Type 95 in MW3. Not picking sides but I did enjoy that gun.

I try to steer away from OP, nerf and buff threads. I just deal with what I'm dealt. The fact that the developers can make adjustments with updates and hot fixes is a major factor with the whining problem. It gives disgruntled players hope. 

WKMMS

ghamorra wrote:

AGRO:

The shots-to-kill is the same as it's always been. A minimum of 3 on all ARs. The only difference is some tweaks to make them more applicable at range since the maps have long lines of sight.theWOMBAT wrote:

The MSBS was never OP. It's a burst weapon and like all burst weapons it's RoF within the burst is insanely fast but the it has a trigger delay that keeps you from firing it at full-auto like rates. The damage is solid and the range is the best out of all ARs. Here's it's downside though. Since it fires so quickly amongst the burst the recoil is high. Of course it's a 3 shot kill up close but so are 4 other ARs. At range though it could still be a 3 shot kills if you landed all the rounds, but it's not easy to do. The recoil can make it nearly impossible to do so therefore it takes 3 bursts at time leaving your TTK around 4 seconds. How's that OP?

The MSBS was actually a 2 shot kill to any part of the body at close to mid range, which given the fire rate of that first burst meant it could kill faster than any other weapon inside that range.  I think it did need to be adjusted in that respect to a 3 shot kill to bring the overall TTK in line with the other rifles but I also think that the recoil should have be reduced and the burst delay reduced also so that it would perform more appropriately at long range.

Shadowelite555

Exactly. Too many whiners out there.

I think this set of guns is the most balanced we have ever seen in a call of duty game. There is really not any OP guns. There is really not any UP guns. The secondary pistols are not going to get you a 10 kill streak like they could in other games which is how it should be. The launchers aren't too easy to use like the javelin. IW did a great job

maccabi

one of the immutable rules of the cod community is .. for every two people there are three differing opinions

Izjar11

AGROtheWOMBAT wrote:

When the game came out everyone was ******** about how they were dying within 2 shots, there was numerous posts about how the guns needed nerfing. And now posts are cropping up about guns and their rubber bullets. Is it just me or is most of the COD community a bunch of cry-babies?? They moan about the guns being OP and now that they are UP, make up your minds!!

Now is it just me or do any of you think the same??

Your not far from being on target, many who "have issues" actually have issues with, themselves and how they play.

You hit the nail on the head there. They get killed or lose a gun fight and all of a sudden their gun is UP, their enemies gun is OP or they're hacking, or the game is lagging. It's never that the person is better or they are at fault, it's the games fault and it needs to be fixed to suit them.

xlwolfshirt1

What makes you think it's exactly the same people making these complaints?  It's two separate types of players.

I would much rather have a larger amount of health.  It reduces the effect that latency plays into games (which is a large amount in Ghosts).

I never said that it was the same players complaining that the guns were OP and that they are now UP, just that I was seeing posts about guns being OP and now I am seeing ones about guns being UP. And they made a game mode for people that wants larger amounts of health, it's called 'Heavy Duty".

Doctorpsylus

Gettin beat by a better player i will accept.I need to improve.Its part of the game,i try to take onboard the killcam & not fall into that again= ie learn .

However & yes THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME .several times now.(have posted & replied to a previous post & directed fellow team mates here)

The blue/gold player ID tags hack/incident/problem/whatever

is still goin on & happened again last night & the entire team i was in (TDM) reported it.

Whether its a switch or whatever its just bloody cheating.I cannot see anyone in this community havin that at all!

For those who have escaped it & do not know what im on about

Your player (in blue) passes by,you ignore him as hes BLUE ,he stops,turns round,aims at you & CHANGES TO THE YELLOW/GOLD/WHATEVER COLOUR YOU CALL THE OPPOSING TEAM.

yes i checked thier team status

yes i checked they werent johnsmiff1 & johnsmiff1(1)

no it wasnt one of those annoying crotchgoblins who think its cool to have 4 letters in yellow/gold/whatever in the blue ID tag

& YES i can see him on therm scopes.

I personally don't care if the MSBS was OP or not, I just know that is was a two shot kill to anywhere on the body in close enough ranges, it had very good range, and the burst, while having delays, shot extremely fast, like it should, so it killed faster than anything else. I believe it is still a two shot kill to the upper torso, but it's whatever.

I agree that people complain and I agree it is nonsense. I am one of the most complacent people to play any game. I adapt. I enjoy what I buy.

However, I want to specifically address the people who complain about spawns. Yes they can be bad SOMETIMES. But many of them act like every spawn is a problem and that the spawns can be fixed to 100% efficiency overnight. They can never be fixed to 100%, spawns will always have some quirks. And the time on fixing things is longer than people realize.