0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 2:52 PM by PandaMan07 RSS

I Promise I'll Never Complain Again If..

PandaMan07

I wont complain about I.E.Ds, Dogs, OP guns, or even the lack of quality maps (in my opinion) if we can just get this spawning situation handled. 3 matches in a row last night all that happened to me was I would spawn just get my barrings and instantly be shot, then spawn not 100 feet from where I just died and be shot by the SAME guy before I could even get my gun up. This happened SEVERAL times, 3 matches in a row. Then today I log in, and the same thing keeps happening. It's like the spawn system is increasingly getting worse. This is by FAR the worst spawn system I have seen in ANY CoD (in my opinion) and I've played since the end of CoD4 and beginning of MW2....

Also can we get a Next Gen remake of MW2? like DONT touch anything, leave it the same way it was don't put any of this new crap in there leave the spawns and maps alone and just update the graphics for us? I'd totally pay 40-45 bucks for a revamp of MW2 for Next Gen! Maybe more!

• Re: I Promise I'll Never Complain Again If..
          gotsomestars

People would still cry about a remake, "lag comp" would need to be adjusted.lol.

I believe you will be able to complain for a long time, lol.

I just don't understand the logic of the spawns, like, why did they even change it from previous CoDs' one ?

+1 to the idea of MW2 remastered! I'll like this thread just because of it lol.

PandaMan07

I think size and the change of the maps has something to do with it, like back in MW2 the maps were big enough for us to spawn (most of the time) a safe distance away. Now everything is a much smaller scale and there's 100 different corners in a map so the spawn system probably goes into retard mode and just says "SCREW IT YOU GO HERE!"

I miss MW2 maps. Like they were big, but each map had long range, mid range, and close range aspects to it. Like if you were a shot gunner/SMG user you played in the buildings or tight areas of the maps, Assault rifle users could do a variation of both long and short range (obviously) and snipers had enough room to actually snipe without having to be a quick scoper. I think those maps were just great and need to have designs like that again, these new 3 level 200 corners in 1 area tight maps are just not fun and u constantly have to watch your back because of it and the terrible spawning doesn't help. Just my 2 cents.

zvers

I think the last truely good spawns were Black Ops 1. Mw3 was ok but the maps helped in that one. BO2 was trash even though they did iron it out later in the life span.

NinjaTurtlexxxx

I don't necessarily think you have to camp, but you definitely should keep moving because there aren't many safe corners or hallways and you are always at risk of being killed from behind, from the side, from above, from across the map...

VECTORdude

You are definitely right about dangerous corners and hallways, but I do serious camping, which is holding down entire rooms and buildings with the intention of killing everyone on sight. Most people stereotype camping as sitting in a corner waiting for trespassers, but that's only the lowest of campers (and the worst). There are tons of in-between levels, with the highest being people like me or The Worm who lock down rooms or buildings.

Anybody can do good with any playstyle if they know what they're doing. Mindless tryhards usually die within seconds, and corner campers are usually clueless and eventually get killed after they become predictable (they will also insist on returning to the same corner). Smart tryhards know enemy tactics and know how to deal with them. A smart camper knows human error and stupidity, to take advantage of it. For example, if I kill somebody with my IED, they will try to come back to my area trying to kill me, but instead they get killed by my second IED or one of my killstreaks.

Camping is just not fun.

/thread please ^_^

If you "lock down" an area for too long and you have a good means to leave but you choose not to then it's camping.

Also did you just admit to using IED's?

VECTORdude

The definition of camping does not exist, and yes, I do use IEDs.

RayOldGuy

I use IEDs, but only to find campers. I have a patch for IED kills, and I have never had on in my load out. I get the kills by shooting them, and killing their owner who is too close to them. Now, this only works on very low level corner campers. Hard core, skilled campers will use IEDs as bait. You have to watch, ad know who you are playing with.

You're going to use every excuse to justify your terrible way of playing.

From reading your comments in my discussion I can see many of you don't listen to logically reasoning.

And yes that definition of camping is real. Do you really think for a "rule" to be real it needs to be written on paper by the "higher ups" and "development teams"?

You are a sad excuse for a Call of Duty player.

Do us all a favour and sell your game.

VECTORdude

My "terrible" way of playing is your excuse to complain on the forums. I honestly think you're trolling now, since you call your mindless gibberish "logic". The reason there is no definition of camping is because nobody can agree on one thing, obviously because everybody has different experiences and different sides of the story. If you say I should "sell my game", the joke's on you, I bought my game digitally.

CodPro3 wrote:

You are a sad excuse for a Call of Duty player.

Do us all a favour and sell your game.

Hilarious, truly. I do all playstyles, rushing, camping, riot shielding, etc. So one little thing I do that gets on your nerves makes you tell me to sell my game, but you don't even take into consideration that I can do whatever I want. Lastly, even if I did sell my game (which I can't and won't), who would defend the Dom flags?

Don't worry the spawning and everything else wrong with this game will be fixed in October or after the DLC season you just have to be patient.

Ovrlord

I agree that MW2 was a good game, but....you really don't see anything they need to fix for that game? ANYTHING? Not even the One Man Army noobtubes?

There really is no way to really "fix" the spawns without putting in a safe-zone of sorts where each team spawns every time and the other team cannot enter or shoot into, which in my opinion would be a very bad idea, because then you would have teams that would just sit outside and actually spawn camp you...  The reason it always seems like you are always spawning by an enemy is because with every member of each team running around like chickens with their heads cut off, at any given point of time during an average game, there is going to be at least one enemy somewhere within 100 ft of you.  With everyone running around, there really is no clear area of space that isn't somewhat close to an enemy, you just have to be quick on the draw.  And everyone who plays CoD experiences both sides of this several times per game, whether you notice it or not, a handful of your own kills probably come from catching people off guard whom had just spawned, so it all balances out in the end...  The reason that more people are becoming aware of the "spawn problem" is probably due to the fact that there are a lot more smaller, close-quarters maps on ghosts compared to other games, which usually generally seem to be favored by most players in the past, and smaller maps means more players per square unit, therefor less safe places to spawn.  Yes, it sucks getting killed right after spawning, but it's going to happen, it's just a part of the game... has been since CoD went online and will always be, just have to deal with it.

Reviewing

Why can they just let you spawn off someone? I get spawned next to an enemy C when theres 3 guys sitting there with heavys lol. At least if i chose someone to spawn off and got shot id think myself the idiot not the game.

swordmanben

This type of spawning has both pros and cons that would most likely be complained about by the community. Here is a domination example, The enemy is capping my base and I move in to remove the threat. I see one enemy and flank in such a way they don't see me. As I am about to take the shot, which would stop the cap process, an enemy spawns on him in a blindspot to my position and either caps it completely, or is able to see and kill me. On another example I have 3 teammates running a heavy loadout and I use a combat knife w/ marathon and agility to quickly get to B flag and they spawn on me as soon as I reach it, Bam!, instant 4 man team capping B flag before the enemy can even get halfway there.

Even outside objectives I could spawn on a teammate who is being suppressed and die from the bullets because there is no cover protecting me. Also, imagine that system in like S&R. Would it work for all modes? What about FFA modes?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the BF spawn system (idk if it is the same in BF4) and it normally works, but there is no "right" spawn system for a FPS. At least in my opinion.

play the pro game types like search and destroy or search and rescue. spawn issue resolved. and you'll become better at the game as a whole when your forced to build a chess like team based strategy to consistently win games

PUR4IDO

The Infinity Ward Pay Back revenge spawn system works well. It's not broken, They made it this way.

Xx67Customs

I would love a complete MW2 remake... minus OMA and deathstreaks. Would be an awesome game.

stumpsigpi

SSpawns will always be unfavorable if you have the extreme runners on your team flipping them, especially on small maps.